US uninsurance rate drops to 13.4%, record low (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US uninsurance rate drops to 13.4%, record low (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US uninsurance rate drops to 13.4%, record low  (Read 4400 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:07 AM »

When you force people to buy insurance, what the hell do you think is going to happen to the number of people that are uninsured, especially when the penalty is more than the cost of insurance?

Unfortunately that isn't even close to being true, which is why the uninsured rate is still 13.4% rather than the low single digits...
The other reason the number is still 13.4% rather than low single digits is because of states refusing to accept the Medicaid expansion.

Also, I just wish these articles would mention both sides of the equation. 90% of the plans are subsidized. 90% percent. The people that are making that massive subsidization possible will make there voices heard in November. Also, of significant note, 2% of the drop is due to medicaid expansion.

I just wonder if the problems covered California people are having finding a doctor is going to be a national problem. As many people on medicare/medicaid can attest, insurance does not mean doctor.
Do you have an argument about why Medicaid expansion is bad? Because I have an argument about why it's good. If people have insurance, they're more likely to get preventative care, which is far less expensive than catastrophic care. If they have no insurance and wait until the point of catastrophe, then they go to the ER and they've got to be treated by law, and then the system has to cover those costs. Covering them with Medicaid winds up saving everyone money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies