Todd Akin on the GOP ticket?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:19:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Todd Akin on the GOP ticket?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Todd Akin on the GOP ticket?  (Read 3598 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:02:12 PM »

Todd Akin has re-emerged from exile recently, giving interviews to promote his new book. The fact that he makes it a point to continually attack Bill and Hillary leads me to believe he's contemplating a run for president in 2016. He'd certainly have the best "anti-establishment" bona fides in the party, and would surely lock up Missouri.

If not the top of the ticket, he could potentially be the VP for Huckabee. Huckabee not only vehemently defended Akin in 2012, he also recorded a TV ad for him and wrote the foreward for Akin's new book.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 07:10:21 PM »

Excellent question, Ice Spear. I do see Huckabee picking Akin as a VP. If Huckabee is nominated, he would want someone just like him as a running mate and while it would be too theocratic, establishment Republicans may stay home.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:11:49 PM »

This is dumber than the Romney/Pawlenty "discuss with maps" thread that just popped up.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:24 PM »

This is dumber than the Romney/Pawlenty "discuss with maps" thread that just popped up.
It's not dumb, it's speculation. Anything could happen in 2016. It shouldn't be closed-minded. It should be a free and open discussion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »

It's not dumb, it's speculation. Anything could happen in 2016. It shouldn't be closed-minded. It should be a free and open discussion.

I know, people are so closed minded. They need to understand that a soothing Midwesterner like Pawlenty or Akin is a MUST for the GOP ticket if they want to be taken seriously this coming election.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »

I know, people are so closed minded. They need to understand that a soothing Midwesterner like Pawlenty or Akin is a MUST for the GOP ticket if they want to be taken seriously this coming election.
No. They're not a must. It's just speculation. The choice of a running mate is a choice that is personal for a presidential candidate. Not all presidential candidates care about demographics and how the VP choice would be viewed by the public and media. Not all presidential candidates care about winning a state or a region. It's about loyalty and compatibility. Romney and Huckabee like candidates that they're comfortable governing and campaigning with. Loyalty is important in picking running mates, next to helping in a state or region.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 09:36:12 PM »

Bachmann/Akin Overdrive 2016. I called it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:55 PM »

Todd Akin has re-emerged from exile recently, giving interviews to promote his new book. The fact that he makes it a point to continually attack Bill and Hillary leads me to believe he's contemplating a run for president in 2016. He'd certainly have the best "anti-establishment" bona fides in the party, and would surely lock up Missouri.

If not the top of the ticket, he could potentially be the VP for Huckabee. Huckabee not only vehemently defended Akin in 2012, he also recorded a TV ad for him and wrote the foreward for Akin's new book.

Dude don't make any more of these.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:19:49 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195037.0
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195205.0
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:09 PM »

Excellent question, Ice Spear. I do see Huckabee picking Akin as a VP. If Huckabee is nominated, he would want someone just like him as a running mate and while it would be too theocratic, establishment Republicans may stay home.

I'd stay home and wouldn't think twice.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:16 PM »

Okay. Mine were:
1. Actually funny
2. More substantive than "could obscure person do x in 2016?"
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »

Okay. Mine were:
1. Actually funny

Please. My original thread was WAY better than your cheap knock offs.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=193298.0
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »

Okay. Mine were:
1. Actually funny

Haha. No. And mine aren't even knock offs of that, I had never seen that thread. I was mocking the Carly Fiorina thread.

As far as knock offs go, Snowstalker's was a million times better than yours and he probably has the most trollfails of any poster on this site. Just take the Ls and we can move on.

So ordered,

Napoleon
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 11:45:44 PM »

Okay. Mine were:
1. Actually funny

Haha. No. And mine aren't even knock offs of that, I had never seen that thread. I was mocking the Carly Fiorina thread.

As far as knock offs go, Snowstalker's was a million times better than yours and he probably has the most trollfails of any poster on this site. Just take the Ls and we can move on.

So ordered,

Napoleon

Your smug pretentiousness about your low quality threads is amusing. Donald Trump? That joke has been made dozens of times already on this board. Face it, you were both beaten to the punch AND outclassed in quality.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »

Obviously it went over your head then.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »

Perhaps an Akin-Mourdock ticket?

Huckabee has more sense then to pick a guy who can't carry a red state in a Senate race for his VP (if Huckabee runs, that is).  And as nutty as the GOP base is, they won't pick a loser like Akin.  (They won't let him get near the cameras at the GOP convention should he actually desire a speaking opportunity.)

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »

What about Chris McDaniel and Joe Miller? They may be too liberal for the Republican base, but I think they should have a good shot in the primaries and the general election if they teamed up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »

What about Chris McDaniel and Joe Miller? They may be too liberal for the Republican base, but I think they should have a good shot in the primaries and the general election if they teamed up.

Wonderful idea! They'd prevent any Democratic president from taking office by filing frivolous lawsuits after their loss.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:12 PM »

Only if Christine O'Donnell is invited as well.

I'd stay home and wouldn't think twice.

Oh dear, how will the GOP ever win without the swing voters of Maine?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 05:57:23 PM »

Akin would wake up all those conservative voters that haven't been voting for Mitt Romney and John McCain because they weren't anti-abortion enough. Akin/Schlafly will surely win by double digits.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 07:59:37 AM »

He lost what looked at one time like an easy seat to pick up in a general election in which the incumbent President lost by 10%.

The joke is too obvious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »

Is your Hillary fanboyism getting in the way of reason?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »

I'd rather have him on the Supreme Court to end the barbaric practice of abortion. He is one of few left in the GOP who cares about life.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »

I'd rather have him on the Supreme Court to end the barbaric practice of abortion. He is one of few left in the GOP who cares about life.

How about secretary of HHS since he's a medical expert?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 08:42:16 PM »

Dude couldn't crack 40% in a state Romney easily won by 9 points. Oh, and his comments that women have a way of shutting down pregnancy if raped. I don't think more needs to be said.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies