Is America ready for a president who is married to someone of a different race? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:14:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is America ready for a president who is married to someone of a different race? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If a presidential candidate was married to someone of a different race, would it make a significant imapct on the candidate's performance?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Is America ready for a president who is married to someone of a different race?  (Read 3639 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: July 11, 2014, 07:45:30 AM »

Yes, I think America is ready for a president who is in an interracial marriage. It could have a limited impact on how the candidate performs, but I suspect that it would help more often than hurting.

If Obama had a white wife, I think that people would have viewed him as having a new American family. I have my doubts that African-American women would have voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic primaries simply due to Obama having a white wife, especially if Obama had been as active in outreach to the black community as he was in real life. Furthermore, if his theoretical white wife were active on the campaign trail and had a friendly demeanor like the one Michelle Obama or Jackie Kennedy cultivated, the wife would probably be a net asset to the campaign.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:07:39 PM »

My guess is that the first "biracial" couple in the White House will be a white/hispanic combo.

Agreed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies