Ontario redistribution - my 170 seat proposal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:23:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario redistribution - my 170 seat proposal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ontario redistribution - my 170 seat proposal  (Read 8628 times)
canadian1
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -6.35

« on: July 12, 2014, 10:35:47 PM »

Breathtaking! I share your apparent fondness for resurrecting old riding boundaries (and names--I'm delighted to see St. Andrew-St. Patrick making a comeback). I'm truly sorry  that such a large legislature would never fly politically--I have always believed Dalton Camp had the right idea back in the 70s.

In my view, the population inequality in Ontario's current riding map is constitutionally intolerable. My number one beef with the Wynne government was that they didn't try to adopt the (admittedly imperfect) new federal boundaries so voters in the June election could have at least roughly equal votes. But this solution, if by some miracle it were to be adopted, would be the best possible outcome. Congrats for undertaking all this work; a slightly more detailed map, though perhaps technically infeasible for you, would be even better!
canadian1
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »

I'd like to see a more detailed view of the ridings in Toronto, just so I can tell which streets you're using as boundaries. Ottawa would be great as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies