Opinion of Hamas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:39:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Hamas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of Hamas:
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Opinion of Hamas  (Read 5831 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »

This seems relevant.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »

Obviously terrible, but there's a reason they ascended to power in the first place.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »

I accidentally voted FF, so subtract my vote and count it as HP.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »

Obviously terrible, but there's a reason they ascended to power in the first place.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

A question which won't cause much debate or controversy here.

The more relevant question is whether one supports the actions Israel currently takes to fight Hamas.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »

Horrible Party.

Of course, my family voted JCP/PPP when they still lived in Palestine, so I've always heard nothing but bad things about Hamas growing up.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:17:09 PM »

Lean HP.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 03:29:11 AM »

An organisation that is not only evil, but counter-productive to the people they claim they're trying to help.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 09:12:26 AM »

A horrible and simultaneously necessary organisation for the Israeli government, since the goal of the latter is to avoid the creation of a Palestinian state at all costs and Hamas terrorists are the perfect excuse to say that negotiation with Palestinians is impossible and, at the same time, Hamas divides the Palestinian side and contributes to the discredit and marginalisation of the hapless Palestinian Authority. Therefore, the Israeli government is not interested in the complete destruction of Hamas, just in launching periodic offensives to keep terrorists on the defensive. Civilian casualties are collateral damages, obviously.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »

Certainly HPs.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 09:18:34 AM »

The worst political party in the world.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »

Everyone who votes FF is automatically a HP.

And I'm saying this as someone who's very discontent with Operation "Protective Edge".
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »

They're horrible no matter how you slice it, and they actions are indirectly responsible for most of Israel's questionable deeds.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

Terorrists
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 12:28:53 AM »

ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 03:17:56 AM »

Actually, irrelevant. They are a horrid batch of idiots, but they are not the cause of anything.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:17 PM »

They're horrible no matter how you slice it, and they actions are indirectly responsible for most of Israel's questionable deeds.

Yeah, none of Israel's "questionable deeds" have anything to do with the fact that Israel is a settler-state hellbent on throwing the Palestinians into the Mediterranean and making the whole region their own, right?

I'm not a fan of religious parties (especially not theocratic ones), but I'm not about to condemn an organization actually putting up a fight for Palestinians, rather than bending over for Israel, like the PLO has done time and time again since the 1980s. There's a reason Hamas was voted into power in 2006 and there's a reason that it retains popular support. I don't like what it stands for on domestic political questions (and I doubt very many of us do, given that we're all products of a secular society), but that matters less than the fact that they are fighting back against the Zionist settler state, which is more than you can say about the cowards clinging to a 'two-state solution' that is never going to happen.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »

I'm not a fan of religious parties (especially not theocratic ones), but I'm not about to condemn an organization actually putting up a fight for Palestinians, rather than bending over for Israel, like the PLO has done time and time again since the 1980s. There's a reason Hamas was voted into power in 2006 and there's a reason that it retains popular support. I don't like what it stands for on domestic political questions (and I doubt very many of us do, given that we're all products of a secular society), but that matters less than the fact that they are fighting back against the Zionist settler state, which is more than you can say about the cowards clinging to a 'two-state solution' that is never going to happen.

What is Hamas "fighting back against"? The two-state solution and the "Zionist settler state" i.e. Israel. You can say Hamas are not cowards but you can also say they're war criminals who continuously bring their people nothing but misery. Not that they seem to care. Why did they win elections in 2006? Corruption in Fatah. Why are they still in power? By force.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »

Yeah, none of Israel's "questionable deeds" have anything to do with the fact that Israel is a settler-state hellbent on throwing the Palestinians into the Mediterranean and making the whole region their own, right?

You're ignorance is showing.

Anyway, evil terrorist organisation. Clearly HP.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 04:01:48 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »

They have in the past employed some obviously horrible means to fight a terrorist state hellbent on their people's destruction. But in the past few years they have been much more willing to move toward peace than the genocidal maniacs in Israel. They do a lot of good charity and welfare work for the people of Gaza as well.

The idea that their actions are responsible for Israel's continued violations of international and humanitarian law, illegal colonization of the West Bank, and wanton slaughter of Palestinians is of course ridiculous.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies