Opinion of Hamas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of Hamas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Hamas:
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Opinion of Hamas  (Read 5855 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: July 30, 2014, 01:15:17 PM »

They're horrible no matter how you slice it, and they actions are indirectly responsible for most of Israel's questionable deeds.

Yeah, none of Israel's "questionable deeds" have anything to do with the fact that Israel is a settler-state hellbent on throwing the Palestinians into the Mediterranean and making the whole region their own, right?

I'm not a fan of religious parties (especially not theocratic ones), but I'm not about to condemn an organization actually putting up a fight for Palestinians, rather than bending over for Israel, like the PLO has done time and time again since the 1980s. There's a reason Hamas was voted into power in 2006 and there's a reason that it retains popular support. I don't like what it stands for on domestic political questions (and I doubt very many of us do, given that we're all products of a secular society), but that matters less than the fact that they are fighting back against the Zionist settler state, which is more than you can say about the cowards clinging to a 'two-state solution' that is never going to happen.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »

I'm not a fan of religious parties (especially not theocratic ones), but I'm not about to condemn an organization actually putting up a fight for Palestinians, rather than bending over for Israel, like the PLO has done time and time again since the 1980s. There's a reason Hamas was voted into power in 2006 and there's a reason that it retains popular support. I don't like what it stands for on domestic political questions (and I doubt very many of us do, given that we're all products of a secular society), but that matters less than the fact that they are fighting back against the Zionist settler state, which is more than you can say about the cowards clinging to a 'two-state solution' that is never going to happen.

What is Hamas "fighting back against"? The two-state solution and the "Zionist settler state" i.e. Israel. You can say Hamas are not cowards but you can also say they're war criminals who continuously bring their people nothing but misery. Not that they seem to care. Why did they win elections in 2006? Corruption in Fatah. Why are they still in power? By force.

Hamas is fighting back against the illegal encroachment of Israel onto their land. It is resisting, just as any of us would do were we invaded by a foreign power. To call Hamas terrorists, when they are in fact acting in resistance to those who seek to wipe them out and colonize their lands, is to call those who fought against illegitimate authority in every epoch 'terrorists.'

They're horrible no matter how you slice it, and they actions are indirectly responsible for most of Israel's questionable deeds.

Yeah, none of Israel's "questionable deeds" have anything to do with the fact that Israel is a settler-state hellbent on throwing the Palestinians into the Mediterranean and making the whole region their own, right?

You're ignorance is showing.

Anyway, evil terrorist organisation. Clearly HP.

Excellent argument. Though I don't expect much more from you or any of your fellow apologists for ethnic cleansing in the name of preserving the exclusionary, racist state of Israel.

Terrorists, just like the Israeli government.

This is just not true. The violence employed by an oppressed people cannot and should not ever be equated with the violence employed by their oppressors. Hamas is fighting back; that is resistance, not terrorism. By this logic, the Minutemen of 1776 were terrorists because they resisted the encroachment on their liberties exercised at the behest of the British crown. Just because someone employs violent tactics does not make them a terrorist; it more often than not makes them a realist that understands power relations in society and knows that only through struggle (and often, but not always, armed struggle) can lasting victory be achieved
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies