Department of Internal Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:37:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Internal Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Department of Internal Affairs  (Read 4628 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »

Haha yeah, somehow I was convinced the noun of "to combat" was "combattement". You're the first to say something though, so I thought whatever, everyone knows what I mean with it Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »

Mr Secretary,

The Northeast is very grateful to you for the cost estimate you have made regarding the new homelessness initiative, but due to our large budget surplus and capability to pay for this bill on our own, as Governor, I will have to decline the your kind offer of $1 billion in federal subsidies for this act.

I am sure that these funds will prove to be of great assistance to another region or cause.

-Governor Talleyrand, Northeast Region
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 12:10:27 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

DIRECTIVE of the Secretary of Internal Affairs
RE: OPERATING COSTS AND EXPENDITURES
at the CAPITOL COMPLEX

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »

Excellent news, Mr. Secretary!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 07:45:08 PM »

I strongly disapprove, as I assume does the PPT, of this resistance to the will of the elected Senate by an unelected bureaucrat - one of many who, it seems, will stop at nothing to stop the people's revolution.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »

I strongly disapprove, as I assume does the PPT, of this resistance to the will of the elected Senate by an unelected bureaucrat - one of many who, it seems, will stop at nothing to stop the people's revolution.

"Stop at nothing?" The President Pro Tempore is issuing directives related to things over which he has no legal authority. I'm protecting the duties of this office, which, coincidentally, were delegated to the Secretary of Internal Affairs by the democratically-elected senate. The powers that the PPT tried to exercise over the Architect of the Capitol certainly didn't come from the senate. I'm just following the law. Smiley
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »

Has the weed thing also been overridden?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »

The Architect of the Capitol is responsible for the day-to-day operations of facilities at the Capitol. I've asked him to disregard TNF's declarations, so we can assume that nothing has changed regarding smoking policies. That being said, our drug laws are extremely liberal, so asking elected officials to refrain from indulging in mind-altering substances on the floor of the senate doesn't strike me as a big ask.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »

All right, so... I realize I've taken a bit of a break from my duties. Certain events in the game kind of zapped my enjoyment from this for a while, but I hope to get back on track tonight or tomorrow with a statement on the earthquake in the Pacific.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:19 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2014, 09:00:36 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

STATEMENT from the Secretary of Internal Affairs
ON THE EARTHQUAKE IN THE NAPA VALLEY

Secretary HagridOfTheDeep spoke today in Napa and pledged support for the region.

NAPA, CA (2014.08.28)—

I have been very saddened by the destruction from last weekend’s earthquake here in the Napa Valley; I’d like to thank Governor Varavour for hosting me in the region as I’ve toured around and seen for myself the devastation that this quake wrought.

With so many injured and in hospital, I’d like to extend my well-wishes to everyone whose lives have been touched by this disaster. I am confident in the governor’s response to the situation and, on behalf of the administration in Nyman, pledge whatever federal support I can to help rebuild damaged public infrastructure, get this region’s industries back on their feet, and help homeowners rebuild. FEMA inspectors have been in the area and will be reporting their findings to the Department of Internal Affairs shortly. I anticipate being able to redirect a portion of FEMA’s budget to the region before the end of the weekend.

Although some politicians have invoked this disaster to politicize the future of the Pacific Stimulus, I would urge lawmakers to dispense with the maneuvering and focus on the disaster at hand. People are suffering. I am a supporter of the stimulus and believe the final installment should be provided in October as the law dictates. But, regardless, all regions will receive the help they need in the face of natural disasters whether a stimulus is a part of the mix or not.

Once again, I would like to thank the people of the Pacific for hosting me over the last few days. Stay strong—help is on the way.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »

I'm taking a leave of absence for a week. I need to figure some sh-t out, and not thinking about Atlasia is the best way right now. It's not the worst time of my life, but it's definitely one of the hardest. Sorry, folks.

I've heard people say that posting elsewhere on the forum invalidates the LOA. I don't know exactly how it works, but this post is more of a courtesy than anything official. Hopefully I'll be back swinging soon.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 05:16:36 PM »

Never thought of you as a swinger Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »

For whatever reason, that seems to have a lot more meaning lately. Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 10:55:48 AM »

Consider me back, I suppose.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55:14 AM »

Mr Secretary,
On behalf of the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia, and especially on behalf of the Regional Senate Seat of the People's Region of the Pacific, I would humbly request a SoIA damage and economical loss analysis on the August 2014 South Napa Earthquake in the State of California, People's Region of the Pacific. Said analysis would be needed for the August 2014 South Napa Earthquake Relief for the Pacific Act.
Thank you,

x TheCranberry, Regional Senator of the People's Region of the Pacific
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »

Thank you, this has been seen. I will get you something formal by tomorrow night.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »

Okay, I've been struggling with how to approach this, so I'm just gonna be frank. I'm not happy doing the job of the GM. I like executing legislation, working with the regions, and responding to stories from the GM. I don't like providing time-consuming estimates after nine-hour days on campus when I have more important readings to do for class.

If I'm doing the things I love (see the shortlist above) it's fine. If I'm doing "ew, work," it's kind of not. So I would like to see a GM chosen very soon. In the meantime, I'm not sure what to do, as I honestly have no desire to put together this earthquake report. Honest truth. If it's a non-negotiable duty, I might not be around as SoIA for too much longer.

The game really comes to a standstill when there's no one to keep time. And although we definitely need a GM, I'm sorry... I didn't sign up to be that guy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies