What should be the best title?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:17:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What should be the best title?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What should be the best title?  (Read 290 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2014, 02:01:48 AM »

The Vietnam War broke out. Followed the heart, the young husband joined the military and sacrificed his life leaving behind his wife and kids.
Life postwar was very hard, often with not enough food to eat. Still young and beautiful, the wife refused to remarry and dedicated her entire life to raise her kids with the best possible care and education.
An opportunity came, the first born son immigrated to America, studied hard and became a NASA Engineer having a good life.
The son sent home letters often, together with much money for mom to spend, however, Christmas after Christmas, New Year after New Year, with the many excuses, the son stubbornly refused to travel home to visit mom.
When the mother died, the son returned and organized a big funeral but people did not see him shredding tear.
Mother left behind a chest that she always placed at the top of her bed. During the funeral, the son opened the chest and suddenly bursted into tears, sobbed, embraced his mother’s coffin and screamed hysterically, “Mom! Mom!”
Everyone looked at each other and looked at the chest. It was full of $100 dollar bills and a piece of paper.
In it read, “Son, I don’t spend too much money. I miss you a lot. Every time I hear a motorcycle passing by, I run out the door but it wasn’t my son. I saved this money for you in case when you get sick.”
Author Michael Luong
A real-life story in Vietnam
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 02:05:57 AM »

Stubborn Old Lady Misses Out on a Happy Life With Son

and "shredding tear" made me laugh.  I'm a horrible person.
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »

I title it mother's chest.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies