Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 02:15:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash, Claude Trollo)
| | |-+  Hear ye, peasants, the Kingdom of North Sudan hath been declared
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hear ye, peasants, the Kingdom of North Sudan hath been declared  (Read 3644 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:39:35 pm »
Ignore

What happens when both Egypt and Sudan refuse to acknowledge a small area of the Sahara Desert as their own territory?

A Virginia man who has serious issues with telling his children "No" travels there, stakes a claim to it, and declares it a kingdom - all so his daughter could realize her dream of being a "real" princess.

The area in question is Bir Tawil, which Egypt and Sudan both insist belongs to the other due to boundary ambiguities stemming from the period when Sudan was a colony jointly administered by the United Kingdom and the British-influenced Kingdom of Egypt.

As far as the Heaton Family of Virginia is concerned, Bir Tawil is now the Kingdom of North Sudan, and family patriarch King Jeremiah has declared his intent to pursue official recognition from Egypt, Sudan and the African Union.

Jeremiah Heaton's delusions of grandeur are nothing new - he has previously attempted to run for the US House in Virginia as an independent and as a Democratic candidate.

HRH Princess Emily and HM King Jeremiah displaying a North Sudanese royal standard at their Virginia residence:

Member of the proud Silent Majority of voters who did not vote for Donald Trump.
rbk
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:59:58 pm »
Ignore

We laugh now, but this is presumably going to be the catalyst for World War III somehow.

]
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:13:25 pm »
Ignore

It's always nice to see white people claim distant lands.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Sweet Meteor O' Death 2016
Ray Goldfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »
Ignore

Hilarious. The guy's lucky he didn't wind up disappearing while there.
Cassius
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 05:24:02 pm »
Ignore

Support obviously. I mean he can't do a worse job of running the place than the Sudanese government can he Wink

'The greatest thing that could happen to the state and the nation is when we get rid of all the media... then we could all live in peace and tranquillity and no one would know anything'

Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:33:42 pm »
Ignore

I can't wait for Snowstalker and TNF to tell us about how this is the second coming of colonialism and Heaton is literally Hitler or something.

You gotta wonder why he couldn't just declare his house a micronation or something though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:41:50 pm by Patriotic Progressive »Logged

Quote from: My Immortal
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!"

it was.................Dumbledore!
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 06:01:45 pm »
Ignore

It's always nice to see white people claim distant lands.

To be fair, the area in question is uninhabited so it's not like there are any natives to oppress, and the locals don't seem particularly interested in doing anything with the place.

Member of the proud Silent Majority of voters who did not vote for Donald Trump.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »
Ignore

This "princess" phase little girls go through is so annoying. Mostly because they wouldn't even be that into it themselves if not for their parents/society forcing it on them. It's frivolous, outdated, mildly sexist, and worst of all, unoriginal.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:45:15 am by WillipsBrighton »Logged

Hash
Hashemite
YaBB God
Colombia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 06:21:35 pm »

17:40   oakvale   the people are bad and shouldn't be allowed vote whenever possible
17:40   oakvale   The average voter wants to end austerity, bring back hanging and put all immigrants in death
Solitude Without a Window
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 05:05:26 am »
Ignore

Support recognition (normal).

Though:

This "princess" phase little girls go through is so annoying. Mostly because they wouldn't even be that into it themselves if not for their parents/society forcing it on them. It's frivolously, outdated, mildly sexist, and worst of all, unoriginal.

^^^^

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
🍁 Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:52:55 am »
Ignore

This "princess" phase little girls go through is so annoying. Mostly because they wouldn't even be that into it themselves if not for their parents/society forcing it on them. It's frivolous, outdated, mildly sexist, and worst of all, unoriginal.

Hey, don't blame the parents. My 3 year old is sort of going through a princess phased (not exactly obsessed, though), and it is much to our chagrin, believe me.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Snowstalker's Last Stand
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 01:35:26 pm »
Ignore

I can't wait for Snowstalker and TNF to tell us about how this is the second coming of colonialism and Heaton is literally Hitler or something.

I don't care about this (normal).

GMantis
Dessie Potter
YaBB God
Bulgaria

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:00 pm »
Ignore

Was this an attempt at subtle sarcasm or you really don't know about the Afrikaners, just to name an example?

Snowstalker's Last Stand
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »
Ignore

Was this an attempt at subtle sarcasm or you really don't know about the Afrikaners, just to name an example?

It's from a comedy film called Mean Girls (which Hash and I both find hilarious). The GIF makes sense if you watch it.

Sawx, King in the North
SawxDem
YaBB God
Zimbabwe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »
Ignore

#FREELEBRON

Quote from: Snowguy716
Sawx, pop a molly and you will fit in anywhere.  You are supergeil.

Sawx the womanizer :p.
Hash
Hashemite
YaBB God
Colombia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 04:06:45 pm »

It's from a comedy film called Mean Girls (which Hash and I both find hilarious). The GIF makes sense if you watch it.

^^ You're not North American, so I'll forgive you for not getting my reference, but I would just like to clarify that I'm probably the poster on here who knows the most about Afrikaner-related stuff on here.

17:40   oakvale   the people are bad and shouldn't be allowed vote whenever possible
17:40   oakvale   The average voter wants to end austerity, bring back hanging and put all immigrants in death
People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 11:34:59 am »
Ignore

Hilarious. The guy's lucky he didn't wind up disappearing while there.

"Occupational hazard for those who would be King." - Rex Harrison as Caesar in Cleopatra.

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:16 pm »
Ignore

If Egypt or Sudan was to seriously recognize a 3rd party claim to Bir Tawil, I imagine a condition would be that they recognize that the Hala'ib Triangle belong to the respective country, and you have to pick one.

ModerateVAVoter
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »
Ignore

The Mean Girls reference was hilarious.

Economic: 0.65, Social: -1.57
Cath
Cathcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 05:01:16 pm »
Ignore

While I am normally in favor of strange secessionist movements and attempts to start micronations due to entertainment value, I'm not particularly inclined to root for a guy who went this out of his way to pretend his daughter is a princess.

America.
jaichind
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 05:10:31 pm »
Ignore

If Egypt or Sudan was to seriously recognize a 3rd party claim to Bir Tawil, I imagine a condition would be that they recognize that the Hala'ib Triangle belong to the respective country, and you have to pick one.

That is my understanding as well.  Neither side claims Bir Tawil only because doing so will weaken their claim on Hala'ib Triangle.  I guess it will be Sudan that will object to this more since in de facto terms Egypt currently controls Hala'ib Triangle.  So if Bir Tawil is given away then Sudan has no leverage.

Chinese from Taiwan Province.  Now in New York City suburb of Scarsdale.  Ex-GOP now Libertarian.
The important thing is not how they vote but how we count.             - Stalin
Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »
Ignore

While I am normally in favor of strange secessionist movements and attempts to start micronations due to entertainment value, I'm not particularly inclined to root for a guy who went this out of his way to pretend his daughter is a princess.

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 01:50:34 am »
Ignore

Ummm, just now learning about this issue, it seems clear to me that the Hala'ib triangle should obviously belong to Egypt because the border would look stupid otherwise. Shut up Sudan.

fuck nazis
Cory
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »
Ignore

The worst part is that a lot of them never move past it.
Vox Populi
Panda Express
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
Ignore

This topic convinced me to watch Mean Girls.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout