Does "red avatar privilege" still exist in modern society?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:17:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does "red avatar privilege" still exist in modern society?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Does "red avatar privilege" still exist in modern society?  (Read 1858 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »

There are other forms of liberal/leftist bigotry such as much of third wave feminism, generalized anti-religious sentiment, and generalized attacks against businesses and their members, not to mention the frequent view that anyone who "should" support their cause for demographic reasons but doesn't is a mindless, brainwashed, uneducated, self-hating traitor.

I've also found that a lot of "enlightened" and "educated" liberals tend to be more supportive of eugenics than on average.

OK, even if I'd actually buy everything else this is absolute bullsh*t.

It may not be as frequent on this forum, but the amount of overgeneralized vitriol against CEOs and other higher-ups of businesses from many on the left is quite a real thing. Some deserve it, of course, but that can be said of every group; however, the left has a tendency to demonize them as a class of people who they can scapegoat all sorts of issues on.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »

There are other forms of liberal/leftist bigotry such as much of third wave feminism, generalized anti-religious sentiment, and generalized attacks against businesses and their members, not to mention the frequent view that anyone who "should" support their cause for demographic reasons but doesn't is a mindless, brainwashed, uneducated, self-hating traitor.

I've also found that a lot of "enlightened" and "educated" liberals tend to be more supportive of eugenics than on average.

OK, even if I'd actually buy everything else this is absolute bullsh*t.

It may not be as frequent on this forum, but the amount of overgeneralized vitriol against CEOs and other higher-ups of businesses from many on the left is quite a real thing. Some deserve it, of course, but that can be said of every group; however, the left has a tendency to demonize them as a class of people who they can scapegoat all sorts of issues on.

The sort of "left" that you're talking about (who's that, Occupy guys?) is a minuscule minority and has basically zero influence on public policy. If anything, the problem of the mainstream left is that it has tended to forsake any substantive debate on class issues and often actually falls guilty to the same worship of "success" that marks modern western societies in general.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies