DoJ investigates anti-Obama float in Nebraska (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DoJ investigates anti-Obama float in Nebraska (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DoJ investigates anti-Obama float in Nebraska  (Read 600 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:27 PM »

I don't get it.  I could see that if the President was a redneck or something.  Do people in Nebraska think Obama is like a country bumpkin type?  I would think the stereotype of Obama should be that he's overly bookish and an elitist Harvard type.  And why is he a zombie?

Essentially, the message there is, "The President is bad, also poop."  Whoever made that is not exactly a latter day Moliere.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »

I don't get it.  I could see that if the President was a redneck or something.  Do people in Nebraska think Obama is like a country bumpkin type?  I would think the stereotype of Obama should be that he's overly bookish and an elitist Harvard type.

I guess this doesn't apply any more?

Emphasis on "should."  Republicans "should" engage in respectful, but trenchant criticism or mockery of the President.  But, Republicans actually engage in illogical vitriol that only a dumb, racist cracker could dream up, including that parade float.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies