1920 Primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1920 Primaries
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: You got what you wanted, Unionists. You win. Now it's time to determine who gets the credit for the Depression!
Union Party: President Elihu Root of New York

Union Party: Governor Calvin Coolidge of Massachusetts

Union Party: Senator Warren G. Harding of Ohio

Union Party: General Leonard Wood of New Hampshire

Union Party: Mr. Nicholas Murray Butler of New York

Farmer-Labor Party: Fmr. President Eugene V. Debs of Indiana

Farmer-Labor Party: Representative A. Mitchell Palmer of Pennsylvania

Farmer-Labor Party: Senator Thomas R. Marshall of Indiana

Farmer-Labor Party: Senator Robert Owen of Oklahoma

Farmer-Labor Party: Senator James Cox of Ohio

Farmer-Labor Party: Fmr. Governor Woodrow Wilson of New Jersey

Farmer-Labor Party: Merger

Bull-Moose Party:  Senate Minority Leader Robert M. La Follette of Wisconsin

Bull-Moose Party: Senator Hiram Johnson of California

Bull-Moose Party: Governor Frank Orren Lowden of Illinois

Bull-Moose Party: Governor William Sproul of Pennsylvania

Bull-Moose Party: Senator George Norris of Nebraska

Bull-Moose Party: Governor Alfred E. Smith of New York

Bull-Moose Party: Merger

Populist Party: Senator Carter Glass of Virginia

Populist Party: Senator James Reed of Missouri

Populist Party: Senator Augustus Stanley of Kentucky

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: 1920 Primaries  (Read 1874 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 07:14:27 PM »

X, are you and I the only actual Farmers-Laborers? Also I see the Union Party is continuing the no consecutive terms precedent they've had for the last 20 years.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2014, 01:22:59 PM by Rooney »

Senator Harding for President and Senator Poindexter of Washington for Vice-President! Let us return to normalcy, enforce civil rights and respect the rule of law (on most things at least).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:20 AM »

Senator Harding for Vice-President and Senator Poindexter of Washington for Vice-President! Let us return to normalcy, enforce civil rights and respect the rule of law (on most things at least).

Unless it's been specifically contradicted, I'd think Poindexter would be a Bull-Moose. Are you suggesting a unity ticket and, if so, under which party line?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 02:05:19 AM »

Here's a question that might be interesting that I just thought about: what are the demographics of the country like in this universe compared to IRL? I don't recall many immigration restrictions (if any at all) placed by the various administrations over the years, so more people across the world must have been coming over here.

You've never answered this, Alfred Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 06:40:07 AM »

Senator Harding for Vice-President and Senator Poindexter of Washington for Vice-President! Let us return to normalcy, enforce civil rights and respect the rule of law (on most things at least).

Poindexter is a Bull-Moose Tongue
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

President Root, lol, abandoned by everyone bar good ol' loyal me.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2014, 11:47:08 AM »

Here's a question that might be interesting that I just thought about: what are the demographics of the country like in this universe compared to IRL? I don't recall many immigration restrictions (if any at all) placed by the various administrations over the years, so more people across the world must have been coming over here.

I'm not actually sure about that one - I'm not up on the history of immigration restrictions in the Progressive Era, which was when I took over. IIRC we didn't pass a Chinese Exclusion Act or anything like that, but I doubt Cannon was the immigrant's best friend.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »

I'm not actually sure about that one - I'm not up on the history of immigration restrictions in the Progressive Era, which was when I took over. IIRC we didn't pass a Chinese Exclusion Act or anything like that, but I doubt Cannon was the immigrant's best friend.

And longtime Senate Majority Leader Henry Cabot Lodge *definitely* wasn't a friend to immigrants...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

Wait, did the results show up and if so, why can't I see them Huh
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »

Wait, did the results show up and if so, why can't I see them Huh

I'm going off what people have said.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »

Unless it's been specifically contradicted, I'd think Poindexter would be a Bull-Moose. Are you suggesting a unity ticket and, if so, under which party line?

Harding would make a half-way decent Bull Moose candidate. He was a "progressive" on many issues. Harding is hardly the arch-conservative he is made out to be (that is also true of J. Calvin Coolidge). A unity ticket would also be helpful to counter the huge turnout that will benefit ex-President Debs.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »

Harding would make a half-way decent Bull Moose candidate. He was a "progressive" on many issues. Harding is hardly the arch-conservative he is made out to be (that is also true of J. Calvin Coolidge). A unity ticket would also be helpful to counter the huge turnout that will benefit ex-President Debs.

Except Coolidge and Harding's radically right-wing economic views are essentially incompatible with the current iteration of the Bull-Moose Party.  And while pretty favorably disposed towards civil rights (within the context of the 1920s Republican Party's conservative wing), neither was a progressive by any means.  The big thing Harding has in common with almost all members of the Bull-Moose party is that he is a staunch isolationist.  If anything, a unity ticket between the B-M and the F-L is more likely, but I'd rather not see that as the general election outcome would be all-but-predermined.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »

Except Coolidge and Harding's radically right-wing economic views are essentially incompatible with the current iteration of the Bull-Moose Party.  And while pretty favorably disposed towards civil rights (within the context of the 1920s Republican Party's conservative wing), neither was a progressive by any means.  The big thing Harding has in common with almost all members of the Bull-Moose party is that he is a staunch isolationist.  If anything, a unity ticket between the B-M and the F-L is more likely, but I'd rather not see that as the general election outcome would be all-but-predermined.

I don't think we could get a BMFLP unity ticket unless Johnson runs in both primaries - he seems to be the only one who'd be willing to do that (except maybe FDR or La Guardia?).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »

Veinte minutos.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies