Official 2014-15 Club Soccer/Football Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official 2014-15 Club Soccer/Football Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official 2014-15 Club Soccer/Football Discussion Thread  (Read 36289 times)
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« on: July 30, 2014, 07:20:08 AM »

So I am routing for Baku here. The cans just shall vanish from football.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:08:08 AM »

The cans just need to vanish! Of course, they may stay in Salzburg as you wish, but they should surely vanish from my (now ex-)hometown of Leipzig.

Nonetheless, the German Cup is starting it's first round (Friday till Monday). The mode is one match knockout.

The mode of drawing that is used nowadays automatically leads to no matches of Bundesliga sites against each other. But there is a history of upsets of highly regarded professional clubs by smaller ones. In 1994 FC Bayern was defeated by famous TSV Vestenbergsgreuth that later merged with Spielvereinigung Fürth to the now named SpVgg Greuther Fürth (which is of course the most silly name in German professional football). By the way I'm now officially rooting for "Uhlenhorster SC Paloma" from Hamburg in this round *g*

Some matches to follow:

Chemnitzer FC - FSV Mainz 05
Chemnitz is front-runner of the 3rd League after four matches, and Mainz was not very convincing in the Europa League qualifiers, which they lost against Asteras Tripolis from Greece

Vfl Bochum - VfB Stuttgart
Bochum is the front-runner of the 2nd Bundesliga and Stuttgart has a history of silly first-round defeats.

RasenBallsport Leipzig - SC Paderborn 07
Never mind what I said about Fürth converning silly team names... Matheschitz' German "project", fourth after two matches in the second league against last year's sensational first-league promoters Paderborn. This is probably a match, where no team is favoured.

Dynamo Dresden - FC Schalke 04
Will be automatically interesting because of the die-hard supporters on both sides.

Bayern has to play at Preußen Münster, Dortmund at Stuttgarter Kickers.

As I am now in Berlin: Union Berlin, the best of all clubs here *g*, has to travel to the Schwäbische Alb to meet their new 2nd league colleagues of FC Heidenheim, there.

The mediocre Western club of Hertha BSC has almost a bye, meeting Viktoria Köln from the Regionalliga West (fourth tier)

The German champion of 1908 and 1911, Viktoria Berlin, has won last year's Berlin Cup and is also competing. They are now in the Regionalliga Nordost and get a visit from Eintracht Frankfurt.

Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:02:22 AM »

Very wrong, let's just recycle the cans and fill them with surströmming! ;-)

The first round in the German cup is over and I was quite good at predicting, what the interesting matches would be. ;-)

Five(!) teams of the 1st Bundesliga have been kicked out.

Chemnitz (3rd league) vs. Mainz 5:5 a.e.t. 5:4 in penalties. This match was really spectacular
VfL Bochum (2nd league) vs. VfB Stuttgart 2:0. Stuttgart was really weak and 2nd Bundesliga front-runner Bochum was clearly better.
1. FC Magdeburg (4th league) - FC Augsburg 1:0
Rülpsburp "Leipzig" (2nd league) - SC Paderborn 2:1 a.e.t.
Dynamo Dresden (3rd league) - FC Schalke 04 2:1. Schalke have very good players with great technique, e.g. Choupo-Moting, who came from Hamburg, but they did not work as a team, their defense was horrible, and Dynamo played very clever and earned their win.

A propos HSV, they only beat 3rd league site Energie Cottbus at the penalties.
Some 2nd league sites also had hillarious results, so four 4th league (Regionalliga) teams advanced to the second round which has to be a record for today's mode of the cup competition.

Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:50:52 AM »

The most notable result of the first Bundesliga matchday was Leverkusen's 2:0 win in Dortmund. The Werkself (I had to to this) played a very good pressing and had a good offense, especially in the first half. Bellarabi (came from Braunschweig) scored after mere nine seconds, after which seemed to be an studied move of the whole team through the surprised Dortmund defense rows.

Bayern won, because of Wolfsburg being stupid.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:59 AM »

They should have fired the whole management responsible for hiring the players and so on instead of the coach.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies