Do you consider yourself a patriotic person? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:37:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you consider yourself a patriotic person? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you a patriotic person who loves your country?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Do you consider yourself a patriotic person?  (Read 2689 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: July 21, 2014, 06:18:06 PM »

Yes, and no. I consider myself to be a patriotic person in the sense that I am proud of what America is supposed to be. There is a "fake America": the one that Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln,  Stevens,. the Roosevelts fought for. Then there is one which you will hear the Fox News' of the world refer to as: "The Real America." In "The Real America" there is no such thing as too much corporate power, our "Christian values" (Christian being whatever happens to be beneficial to the haves) are the only thing that keeps us from going the way of both ancient Greece and modern Greece,  gays are fine unless of course they expect employment from a person of religious conviction, our national debt is God's way of punishing us for abortion, brown people are poor because they are all lazy, and of course immigrants and jihadists are stealing our "National Identity."

Then there is "The fake America": The one where someone just so happened to be born in another country, and dare decided that instead of living in poverty and obscurity for the remainder of their days, they'd come to a place where they had a chance to break free from the demons of the past. The one where we fought for years to break free ftom the rule of some bastards who thought they had power just because they were born into it. The one where we didn't start a business, and become the oh so noble "job creators": but instead demanded after working for the "job creators" and building their businesses, that they'd treat us as men, as Martin Luther King Jr. demanded. The fake America where the Radical idea runs rampant that Healthcare is a right, and that instead of paying for additional wars to feed the pockets of weapons manufacturers,  we should be caring for the noble ones who served our country in past conflicts by paying for their food and healthcare, not for their sons to be sent off to risk their lives in further, more pointless conflicts.

"Fake" America where Abraham Lincoln is the ideal, not Ronald f***ing Reagan.

Yes, this is a long goddamn post Tongue. But the misperception of history that people are force fed is incredible. The lines have been blurred between what is American, and what isn't, by those with power. The America that long existed, and was the ideal has been vilified,  and replaced with a version of "Patriotism" that means: praising the ultra rich by cutting all taxes on them, supporting any and every war that is deemed "necessary for freedom", and of course the real Americans are white protestants who attend church weekly, and run farms or businesses. My point is that The Real Americans who have been deemed as "Unpatriotic" need to forcibly take back Patriotism from those who have hijacked the very meaning of being an American. If not, democracy will continue to die a slow, painful death.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies