The Romney Downfall - or is it? - and Beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:52:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Downfall - or is it? - and Beyond
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Poll
Question: Even though Ron Paul is not getting the nomination, should I still do EV predictions for him until the convention?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Romney Downfall - or is it? - and Beyond  (Read 27557 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2015, 11:18:06 PM »
« edited: January 23, 2015, 01:25:11 PM by Wulfric »

May 7, 2015 - Klobuchar and Gillibrand announce presidential runs

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar and New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand announced presidential runs today. Both promise to pursue a very different direction for America than President Santorum prefers.

May 27, 2015 - Kentucky Primaries

Jack Conway and James Comer easily win the democratic and republican gubernatorial primaries.

May 28, 2015 - Schweitzer and Dean announce presidential runs

Fmr. Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer and Fmr. Vermont Gov. Howard Dean announced presidential runs today. Some democrats have criticized Dean as a "forgotten entity who stands no chance", but Dean says he has learned from the missteps of his 2004 run and will win the nomination this time around.

June 5th, 2015 - George Clooney announces presidential run

Comedian George Clooney announced a longshot presidential run today, saying that "America needs a new style of leadership, from someone who's not already a politician and undamaged by that profession. I can provide that, and I am running for President!"

June 6th, 2015 - Santorum formally announces run for reelection

Today, Santorum officially filed to run for reelection to the presidency in 2016. He said in an interview with Fox News that the path to the conservative utopia america should be is not yet fully accomplished, and he needs a second term to finish that job. This would prove to be the final republican announcement of the cycle.

June 8th, 2015 - Dodd-Frank Repeal fails to pass Senate

A bill to fully repeal the Dodd-Frank wall street reform law was successfully filibustered today. It fell six votes short of the 60 vote threshold. All democrats voted against repeal along with Gordon Smith, Mark Kirk, and Lisa Murkowski. There are some limited efforts to craft a repeal-and-replace bill afterward, but it never amounts to anything.

June 11th, 2015 - Second Abortion Amendment attempt fails

Despite passing the house with the required 2/3 majority, by a 325-110 vote, the Senate fell just two votes short of the needed 67 votes to send a constitutional amendment to the states overturning Roe vs. Wade.

June 17th, 2015 - Supreme Court Upholds ObamaCare subsidies

In a defeat to conservatives, the Supreme Court upholds, by a 6-3 majority (Scalia, Alito, and Thomas dissenting) the ObamaCare subsidies for all 50 states, saying that the law's intention was to make the subsidies available to both state and federal exchange customers.

June 21st, 2015 - Juilan Castro announces presidential run

In what would be the final democratic announcement of the cycle, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro announced a presidential run today, saying that he would not be a president who would embrace the north and alienate the south, but instead be a president for americans of all 50 states.

June 24th, 2015 - Supreme Court rules in favor of Gay Marriage

Flashback: On February 18th, the Fifth Circuit ruled 2-1 in favor of traditional marriage.

In a 5-4 decision (Roberts, Scalia, Alito, and Thomas dissenting), the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage in all 50 states. In the Majority Opinion written by Kennedy, he wrote (summarized) "We know that the 5th and 6th Circuits ruled the other way on this, and we have read their opinions carefully, and listened to both sides oral arguments carefully. However, the majority of the supreme court believes that we have observed the effects of gay marriage long enough and have seen that it has little to no negative effects on society. Also, it is in fact beneficial to children, as many gay couples will be willing to adopt children.  Furthermore, it will not tear down families or create an outbreak of out-of-wedlock births. In fact, it is completely ineffective on both of those things.  We understand our decision will be loathed by over 40% of americans, but the fact is that prohibition of gay marriage does not even pass rational basis review, and therefore, regardless of any of our own personal opinions on the issue, this court is required to force legalization of gay marriage in all 50 states."

The very next day, Speaker McCarthy holds votes on two different amendments to the constitution regarding gay marriage. One merely states that the states have the rights to decide, the other outright bans gay marriage nationwide. The latter is put up to vote first, and falls 30 votes short of the required 2/3 majority. Then the former is put up to vote. The vote is very contentious, and at points looks like it might pass. In the end, it falls just one vote short of the needed 2/3 majority.

Santorum, in a speech where he cries several times, says that while he continues to hope that gay marriage will one day be banned again, he knows that such a thing is unlikely, and believes that the country is doomed, heading on a slow path towards polygamy.

Complete List of Major-Party Presidential Candidates

Rick Santorum (R)
Mike Lee (R)
Michele Bachmann (R)

Jim Webb (D)
Andrew Cuomo (D)
Bernie Sanders (D)
Ed Rendell (D)
Martin O'Malley (D)
Amy Klobuchar (D)
Kirsten Gillibrand (D)
Brian Schweitzer (D)
Howard Dean (D)
George Clooney (D)
Julian Castro (D)

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »

July 16, 2015 - Fiscal 2016 Budget/Tax Reform Package Passed

The budget for Fiscal 2016 passes the congress and is signed by Santorum. It does not include any spending cuts, despite republican attempts for a faster raise in the retirement age and democratic attempts for defense cuts. However, it does include a large tax reform package. Loopholes for the rich are cut to almost nothing, rates are cut by 1% for the rich and 3% for all other income levels, and the overall tax code is dramatically simplified. In a major concession to democrats, the reform bill includes a provision that those making $500,000 or more per year pay at least 24% of their income in taxes, regardless of deductions, capital gains, etc. This is a lesser version of an idea known as the buffett rule, that was originally proposed during the tenure of Pres. Obama. Despite republican efforts, the budget does not include any allocation for troop occupation of Iran.

July 26, 2015 - In win for conservatives, ObamaCare repeal and replacement passes senate

Asserting that the democrats received enough concessions with the budget, Cornyn puts up for a vote an obamacare repeal and replacement bill passed by the house a week earlier with support from all but 4 republicans and 17 democrats. Despite huge efforts by Reid to amp up democratic votes against the repeal/replacement (both are combined into one bill), it gets the 60 needed votes to pass the senate. Only 1 republican, Susan Collins, votes against the bill, while four democrats - Donnelly, Manchin, Mongiardo, and Frudenthal - vote for it, getting it barely past a filibuster on a 60-40 vote. Santorum smiles as he signs it.

The bill fully repeals ObamaCare, and to replace it, has a very limited plan:

* Insurance sold across state lines

* People who bought plans on the exchanges during the open enrollment sessions can keep those plans and any subsidies they earned for as long as they wish, but the exchanges will never again open and all insurance sales will be handled as they were before ObamaCare - with provisions that severely sanction healthcare companies if they refuse to allow children to stay on their parents' plan until 26 or deny coverage for pre-exisiting conditions, or do not spend 80% of the company budget on health care.

* The $700 Billion "medicare cut" remains as a means of continuing to work toward a balanced budget.

Nothing else is in the plan. No medicaid expansion, no mandates, none of that.

After signing the bill, Santorum celebrates for days, and touts it at a debate with Mike Lee and Michele Bachmann, saying "Look, I'm conservative!". They respond by claiming that no replacement would have been best, but there is much fear in their response, as like it or not, the bill does allow Santorum to promote his conservative credentials.

Among the greater public however, Santorum receives significant scorn as he is criticized over ending medicaid expansion, and his approval rating dips into negative territory.

Rick Santorum Approval Rating (August 2, 2015)

Disapprove: 51%
Approve: 47%

August 1, 2015 - Mississippi Primaries

Phil Bryant (R, inc.) and Travis Childers (D) easily win the democratic and republican gubernatorial primaries.

August 15, 2015 - Santorum easily wins Ames Straw Poll

Santorum - 79%
Lee - 15%
Bachmann - 6%

No one drops out.

Next Time - 2015 Gubernatorial Elections and 2016 Early State Primary Polling

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »

October 24, 2015 - LA Gov. Jay Dardenne clears 50% in Jungle, wins first full term without runoff

Dardenne (R): 53.4%
Edwards (D): 35.7%
Angelle (R): 6.7%
Odom (D): 3.4%
Slack (I): 0.8%

November 3, 2015 - Republicans win Mississippi and Kentucky Governorships

Mississippi

Bryant (R): 59.9%
Childers (D): 38.5%
Others: 1.6%

Kentucky

Comer (R): 51.3%
Conway (D): 47%
Others: 1.7%

(Gubernatorial Composition is now 35-14-1 (R-D-I))

Early Primaries Schedule (Both Parties)

Iowa (caucus) - Monday, February 1st
New Hampshire - Tuesday, February 9th
Nevada (caucus) - Saturday, February 20th
South Carolina - Tuesday, February 23rd
Super Tuesday - Tuesday, March 1st

The Primary Campaign

Over the course of the fall and early winter, Mike Lee makes limited gains on Pres. Santorum due to a mixture of debate gaffes and GE-related posturing by Santorum. Santorum also makes a number of stops in KY to campaign for Comer, which Lee blasts as showing support for those who are not true conservatives. However, Lee is just too far-right, and viewed as too much of one who is only in the race to get attention. Therefore, he is unable to put Santorum in serious danger, although some hypothetical polling in Iowa shows Lee could come within 15 points there if Michele Bachmann were to drop out. However, despite continuing to only poll at spoiler-level, Bachmann insists that this is what the people of Minnesota want her to run for, and refuses to drop out.

On the democratic side, national polling shows no clear front-runner, and every candidate except George Clooney is competitive in at least one of the first four states to hold their primaries(/caucuses). Clooney is staying in, however, due to hopes of a breakthrough.

In the final polling, Santorum has a definitive edge in Iowa, but there are questions about whether the margin of victory will be convincing enough to end the race there. Santorum is currently polling in the high 70's in NV and NH, and polling in the high 60's in SC. All state and national polling shows Mike Lee as a distant 2nd, and Michele Bachmann in third and almost never in double digits.

Meanwhile, on the democratic side, Iowa is a contest between Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Fmr. Mt. Gov. Brian Schweitzer, and Fmr. Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley. Many candidates have at least a shot at doing well in New Hampshire - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, and Fmr. Vermont Gov. Howard Dean. O'Malley looked competitive at one point, but hasn't campaigned in NH for months, believing Iowa and Nevada to be states more friendly to him.

In Nevada, the winner is likely to be either O'Malley or Schweitzer. In South Carolina, candidates polling at the top include Fmr. Vermont Sen. Jim Webb, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, and Cuomo.

Next Time - Iowa Caucuses!

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 01:07:55 AM by Wulfric »

Note: For each contest, I will show the post-contest speeches of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, as well as anyone who drops out.

February 1, 2016 - The Iowa Caucuses!

"In tonight's caucuses in the state of Iowa, President Santorum earned a solid victory over Senator Mike Lee and Fmr. Rep. Michele Bachmann, but he was unable to break 60% of the vote."

Santorum: 58.6%
Lee: 30.3%
Bachmann: 11.1%

Current Republican Standings:

1st. Santorum - 1 win (IA)
2nd. Others - 0 wins

"Thank you Iowa! Today you showed that your support of me in 2012 was not a fluke, and that your support of me has only grown stronger since! Despite what Mike Lee may say, I am a conservative, just a more reasonable one than he happens to be! On to New Hampshire!" - Rick Santorum

"Despite all odds, we got 30% of the vote while Santorum failed to break 60%. Our campaign in Iowa was powerful and I promise that better things will come in the state of South Carolina." - Mike Lee

"While we are disappointed with this result, dropping out would be the wrong decision and a disappointment to the people of my state, who have indicated by not electing me to another office that they have changed their mind about me from 2012 and want me to be president! And even with this result, we got more than double the vote share we got in the 2012 caucus (5%), showing that our support among the american electorate has indeed grown! And yes, Santorum will win NH and NV, that's a certainty. But in South Carolina, Santorum will be slaughtered!" - Bachmann

-------

"In the democratic caucuses, Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley earned a narrow victory, with Sen. Klobuchar getting a close second and Fmr. Gov. Schweitzer in third."

O'Malley - 21.7%
Klobuchar - 20.4%
Schweitzer - 17.3%
Cuomo - 9.7%
Gillibrand - 7.3%
Castro - 5.9%
Dean - 5.6%
Webb - 5.1%
Rendell - 5%
Sanders - 1.3%
Clooney - 0.7%

Current Democratic Standings:

1st. O'Malley - 1 win (IA)
2nd. Others - 0 wins

"Thank you Iowa! Today, we showed that a once unknown governor is certainly capable of rising in political stature! Your vote shows a desire for the true path of america's prosperity, one in which policies are fair and sound, and one which has been proven to be something that can be ran on even in republican waves (Remember that O'Malley was easily reelected in 2010)! On to Nevada!" - O'Malley

"Thank you Iowa! This close 2nd place finish is exactly what we needed to give our campaign the boost it needs! This is the early state performance we need to succeed, and it shows that we are a top contender for the nomination! While we are not seriously competitive in the next three states, this showing in Iowa gives me great confidence of our hopes for a great performance on Super Tuesday!" - Klobuchar

"Well, this isn't quite the performance we wanted, but we still significantly outpolled all but two candidates. This is but one state in the race for the nomination, and my campaign is far from over! On to Nevada!" - Schweitzer

Everyone else, including Clooney, speaks of hope of doing better in one of the next three states, and refuses to drop out.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2015, 07:33:23 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 01:08:22 AM by Wulfric »

February 9, 2016 - The New Hampshire Primary!

"On the republican side, Santorum will earn an easy victory tonight, receiving nearly 80% of the vote."

Santorum: 79.3%
Lee: 15.4%
Bachmann: 5.3%

1st. Santorum - 2 wins (IA, NH)
2nd. Others - 0 wins

"Thank you New Hampshire! Today, you showed that you do not want a certain GE loser, you do not want a opportunistic freak, but you instead want me, a clear yet reasonable conservative who will be reelected in November! Thank you!" - Rick Santorum

(Lee and Bachmann decline to make speeches, as they did not make a serious attempt to win the state.)

"On the democratic side, New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand will get the victory! Cuomo comes in second, with Rendell in Third."

Gillibrand: 21.4%
Cuomo: 20.3%
Rendell: 12.4%
Sanders: 11.1%
Dean: 10.7%
O'Malley: 7.4%
Schweitzer: 5.3%
Castro: 4%
Klobuchar: 3.8%
Webb: 2.2%
Clooney: 1.4%

"Thank you New Hampshire! Today you showed that America is capable of breaking that glass ceiling, that this country is ready to elect a woman to the presidency! This excellent performance will propel us to the nomination!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"While we didn't quite get a victory, this is still a more-than-satisfactory performance, and I cannot thank this state enough! As much as some parts of the party may not like my platform, it is the most electable of the entire democratic field, and it is the one that will win this nomination! On to South Carolina!" - Andrew Cuomo

"Unfortunately, we did not get the good performance that we needed in this state to be competitive down the road, and my candidacy is at this point doing nothing more than disservice to the party. It is time for it to end. I hereby suspend my campaign and endorse Martin O'Malley!" - Ed Rendell

"I have heard you, and understand that I am not the one you want to lead this country. This is a choice that I do not like, but is one I must respect for purposes of party unity. It is time for my supporters to unite behind a much greater candidate than me, and so I hereby suspend my campaign and endorse Kirsten Gillibrand!" - Howard Dean

"And so, the democratic field shrinks from 11 to 9. Sanders outpolling Dean is a real accomplishment for the Vermont Senator, so it makes sense that he is staying in. O'Malley and Klobuchar have already had a good early state performance, Schweitzer is polling well in Nevada, and Webb and Castro have a reasonable shot at winning South Carolina, so it is clear why all of them are staying in. However, it is not clear at all why Clooney is staying in, as there is not a single state where is polling in double digits - Even in Kentucky, where Clooney was born, he is polling at only 7%."

1st. Gillibrand - 1 win (NH)
3rd. Others - 0 wins

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 01:08:33 AM by Wulfric »

February 20, 2016 - The Nevada Caucuses!

"On the Republican side, Santorum earns another huge victory, receiving just under 75% of the vote!"

Santorum: 74.8%
Lee: 22.3%
Bachmann: 2.9%

1st. Santorum - 3 wins (IA, NH, NV)
2nd. Others - 0 wins

"Thank you Nevada! Today you joined a growing movement to show the far-right of my party that Mike Lee and Michele Bachmann are inept for the office of President! On to South Carolina!" - Rick Santorum

(Lee/Bachmann are too busy campaigning in South Carolina to make speeches.)

"On the Democratic Side, Fmr. Gov. Schweitzer gets the victory! O'Malley places a strong second, Castro a distant third."

Schweitzer: 24.6%
O'Malley: 22.7%
Castro: 14.4%
Webb: 11.3%
Gillibrand: 9.1%
Cuomo: 8%
Klobuchar: 5%
Sanders: 3%
Clooney: 1.9%

1st. Schweitzer - 1 win (NV)
4th. Others - 0 wins

"Thank you Nevada! Today you showed the country that you are ready to embrace the ideal profile for president: An extremely popular red-state governor, moderate and bipartisan, and capable of leading the country to greatness! This win in Nevada could not have been achieved without your unbelievable support, and I thank you profusely for that! On to South Carolina!" - Brian Schweitzer

"Thank you Nevada! This strong performance is exactly what we need to proceed, and it is a sign of much better things to come down the road. With your continued help and the help of those across the country, we will win this nomination! Onward to Victory!" - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you Nevada! This performance, while not terribly great, is still a far better finish than I expected and only begins to show the great support we will have down the road. In South Carolina and on Super Tuesday, we will do amazingly well! Onward to Victory!" - Julian Castro

"The rest of the field, if they have a speech to make, speaks of how they will still do well in SC and/or on Super Tuesday. Clooney's speech is spoken in a tone that seems to say that he is preparing to drop out, but he is still in the race at this moment...."

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2015, 07:37:34 PM »

Did Frothy just call someone far-right as an insult?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »

Did Frothy just call someone far-right as an insult?
Yes. It's called general election posturing. It's what you do when you've been underwater in approval for several months.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2015, 12:54:25 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2015, 01:08:44 AM by Wulfric »

February 23, 2016 - The South Carolina Primary!

"On the Republican side, despite a huge effort from Lee and Bachmann, Santorum wins with over 60% of the vote!"

Santorum: 62.7%
Lee: 28.7%
Bachmann: 8.6%

"Today, my campaign for president will come to a close. It is sad that this party wants another four years of Santorum, but it is the choice they have made and he has my reluctant endorsement. When I started this campaign, I made a pledge to not run for the senate again, and I will keep that pledge, for I have no wish to be a part of any government is not an arch-conservative one. I will now leave the world of politics forever. Goodbye, my friends." - Mike Lee

"Today, I begin to wonder if I heard the people of Minnesota correctly. Perhaps they wanted me to pursue something outside of elected office, but I cannot be sure until I hear from them directly on Super Tuesday when Minnesota holds its caucuses. And so, despite this very disappointing performance, I will continue on to Super Tuesday, and let the voters of Minnesota decide my fate by themselves." - Michele Bachmann

"Thank you South Carolina! Today, you have practically locked up the nomination for me! I would also like to thank Mike Lee for endorsing me, however reluctant it may be. His endorsement represents the exact republican unification we need to win this presidential election. On Super Tuesday, we will slaughter Mrs. Bachmann, and then we can begin the General Election Campaign months ahead of the democrats!" - Rick Santorum

1st. Santorum - 4 wins (IA, NH, NV, SC)
2nd. Bachmann - 0 wins

"On the democratic side, Andrew Cuomo gets his first victory! Castro places second, with Webb in third."

Cuomo: 24.7%
Castro: 21%
Webb: 16.5%
Gillibrand: 10.3%
Schweitzer: 10.1%
O'Malley: 5.7%
Klobuchar: 5.1%
Sanders: 3.6%
Clooney: 3%

"Today, I come to the sad realization that this country remains addicted to its political class and cannot be smart enough to select a non-politician to serve as president. In sad recognition of this, I hereby suspend my campaign. My endorsement is for whatever third party candidate you prefer, as the rest of the democratic field is definitively unsatisfactory to be president." - George Clooney

"Even though we managed a third place finish in this state, it is not a good enough early state performance to justify continuing my campaign beyond this point. It is time to do what is best for the party and remove myself from this process. My endorsement is for Brian Schweitzer, a good, bipartisan governor who will lead this country to greatness in my place." - Jim Webb

"Thank you South Carolina! This strong second place showing, after my third place finish in Nevada, is exactly what we need to give us momentum heading into Super Tuesday! Today, I have full confidence that I am what america wants! Not a president that is only suitable to the north and midwest! Not a president that is only suitable to the south and west! No, a President that will unify those in all 50 states behind a president they will all adore! On Super Tuesday, we'll win big! Onward!" - Julian Castro

"Thank you South Carolina! This is the early state victory I needed to justify going on to Super Tuesday, and I cannot thank this state enough! With this victory, the momentum is with us! The people will be with us! And on Super Tuesday, I will win big!" - Andrew Cuomo

1st. Cuomo - 1 win (SC)
1st. Schweitzer - 1 win (NV)
5th. Others - 0 wins

"And so, barring a true Bachmann miracle on Super Tuesday, Santorum has locked up the nomination, and the democratic field shrinks from 9 to 7. The early states helped to winnow the field, but the democratic nominee is far from decided. On Super Tuesday, a total of 19 states will vote, and we may start to get a sense of who the democratic nominee will be."

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2015, 08:18:22 PM by Wulfric »

March 1st, 2016 - Super Tuesday - The Republicans

"Santorum has won all of the states holding contests today. He received at least 69% of the vote in all jurisdictions including in MN, ND, and WI where Bachmann campaigned heavily."

Colorado

Santorum: 97%
Bachmann: 3%

Minnesota

Santorum: 69%
Bachmann: 31%

Missouri

Santorum: 89.5%
Bachmann: 10.5%

Maine

Santorum: 96%
Bachmann: 4%

Michigan

Santorum: 85.6%
Bachmann: 14.4%

Arizona

Santorum: 93%
Bachmann: 7%

Vermont

Santorum: 99.8%
Bachmann: 0.2%

Virginia

Santorum: 94.1%
Bachmann: 5.9%

Georgia

Santorum: 87.9%
Bachmann: 12.1%

Ohio

Santorum: 91%
Bachmann: 9%

Tennessee

Santorum: 86%
Bachmann: 14%

Oklahoma

Santorum: 86.1%
Bachmann: 13.9%

North Dakota

Santorum: 74.8%
Bachmann: 25.2%

Massachusetts

Santorum: 98.4%
Bachmann: 1.6%

Idaho

Santorum: 84%
Bachmann: 16%

Alaska

Santorum: 92.5%
Bachmann: 7.5%

Texas

Santorum: 87.1%
Bachmann: 12.9%

Florida

Santorum: 90.7%
Bachmann: 9.3%

Wisconsin

Santorum: 71%
Bachmann: 29%

"As I told you after South Carolina, My intention is to let the people of Minnesota decide my fate, and their voice, as well of those of the other states that voted today, is clear. As much as I regret saying this, I misinterpreted their message. My state was not trying to beg me to run for president, they were instead trying to get me to stop running entirely. And so, today, in recongition of that, I leave this race, and endorse Rick Santorum." - Michele Bachmann

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Today, the fight for the nomination comes to an end, and the general election begins! With your continued support, we will defeat whichever democrat has the ill fate of having to run against me, and defeat them decisively! Onward to Victory!" - Rick Santorum

Final Republican Standings:

1st. Santorum - won every contest

"And so, Santorum locks up the nomination. But as much as he thinks his GE fortunes are great, they may not be. The Primary has hurt his approval, and he has serious work to do to get it back up:"

Rick Santorum Approval Rating (March 2, 2016):

Disapprove: 54%
Approve: 44%

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »

March 1st, 2016 - Super Tuesday - The Democrats

"It is 7:00 on the east coast, and we can announce results from 3 of the 19 states holding contests today. Andrew Cuomo will win Virginia and Georgia, Kirsten Gillibrand will win Vermont.

Virginia

Cuomo: 23%
Gillibrand: 20.3%
O'Malley: 17.5%
Sanders: 14%
Castro: 13%
Schweitzer: 8%
Klobuchar: 4.2%

Georgia

Cuomo: 21%
Castro: 17%
Schweitzer: 13%
O'Malley: 12.7%
Sanders: 12.1%
Klobuchar: 10%
Gillibrand: 8.2%

Vermont

Gillibrand: 21%
Sanders: 20.2%
Cuomo: 18.9%
O'Malley: 15.4%
Klobuchar: 11.3%
Schweitzer: 9%
Castro: 4.2%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Gillibrand - 1 (VT)

"7:30 on the east coast. Martin O'Malley wins the state of Ohio!"

O'Malley: 25%
Klobuchar: 22%
Schweitzer: 19%
Gillibrand: 15%
Cuomo: 11%
Sanders: 5%
Castro: 3%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Gillibrand - 1 (VT)
O'Malley - 1 (OH)

"At 8:00 on the east coast, polls are closing in Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Missouri, Massachusetts, and Maine."

Florida

Gillibrand: 22%
Castro: 21.3%
Schweitzer: 18%
Cuomo: 15%
Klobuchar: 11%
O'Malley: 8.5%
Sanders: 4.2%

Tennessee

Castro: 22%
Schweitzer: 20%
Cuomo: 19.6%
Gillibrand: 14%
Klobuchar: 13.4%
Sanders: 7%
O'Malley: 4%

Oklahoma

Schweitzer: 23.9%
Castro: 23.2%
Gillibrand: 16%
Cuomo: 14%
O'Malley: 11%
Klobuchar: 7.9%
Sanders: 4%

Missouri

Schweitzer: 24%
Castro: 20.3%
Cuomo: 14%
O'Malley: 9%
Gillibrand: 6.5%
Sanders: 4.2%

Massachusetts

Gillibrand: 27%
O'Malley: 24%
Cuomo: 21%
Sanders: 13%
Castro: 1%

Maine

Gillibrand: 23%
Sanders: 21%
Cuomo: 20%
O'Malley: 18%
Klobuchar: 6.3%
Castro: 2.7%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Gillibrand - 4 (VT, FL, MA, ME)
Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Schweitzer - 2 (OK, MO)
Castro - 1 (TN)
O'Malley - 1 (OH)

"At 9:00 on the east coast, polls are closing in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan!"

Texas

Castro: 34%
Gillibrand: 13%
O'Malley: 8%
Klobuchar: 4%
Sanders: 2%

Arizona

Schweitzer: 25%
Castro: 22%
Cuomo: 20%
Gillibrand: 15%
Klobuchar: 7.4%
Sanders: 1.6%

Colorado

O'Malley: 21%
Klobuchar: 18.5%
Castro: 15.9%
Gillibrand: 8.6%
Cuomo: 9%
Sanders: 3%

North Dakota

O'Malley:  24%
Gillibrand: 13%
Castro: 6%
Sanders: 4%

Minnesota

Klobuchar: 23%
Cuomo: 17%
Castro: 16%
Gillibrand: 14%

Wisconsin

Gillibrand: 17%
Cuomo: 16%
Castro: 14%
O'Malley: 10%

Michigan

Gillibrand: 19.2%
Cuomo: 18.5%
Klobuchar: 16.3%
Schweitzer: 13%
Sanders: 7%
Castro: 5%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Schweitzer - 4 (OK, MO, AZ, CO)
O'Malley - 3 (OH, MI, ND)
Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Klobuchar - 2 (MN, WI)
Castro - 2 (TN, TX)

"At 11:00 on the east coast, Schweitzer has won the caucuses in Idaho!"

Schweitzer: 25.7%
Castro: 23.3%
Cuomo: 17%
O'Malley: 15%
Gillibrand: 12%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Schweitzer - 5 (OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID)
Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Klobuchar - 2 (MN, WI)
Castro - 2 (TN, TX)

To be Continued.....

If you notice any mistakes (percentages that don't add up to 100%, candidates missing from contests, errors in the list of wins, etc.), please point them out!

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

March 1st, 2016 - Super Tuesday - The Democrats - Part 2

"At 1:00 AM on the east coast, Gillibrand has won the caucuses in Alaska!"

Gillibrand: 22.3%
Schweitzer: 21.3%
Cuomo: 19.1%
Castro: 15%
Klobuchar: 11%
O'Malley: 7%
Sanders: 4.3%

Super Tuesday Wins:

Schweitzer - 5 (OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID)
Gillibrand - 5 (VT, FL, MA, ME, AK)
Cuomo - 2 (VA, GA)
Klobuchar - 2 (MN, WI)
Castro - 2 (TN, TX)
Sanders - 0

Full Standings:

1st. Gillibrand - 6 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK)
1st. Schweitzer - 6 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID)
3rd. O'Malley - 4 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND)
4th. Cuomo - 3 wins (SC, VA, GA)
5th. Castro - 2 wins (TN, TX)
5th. Klobuchar - 2 wins (MN, WI)
7th. Sanders - 0 wins

"Well, today, a great journey comes to an end. As much as I may not like it, today's losses, even in states friendly to me like VT and ME, means that there is no energy left for my presidential candidacy, and so it is time to bring it to an end. I have no endorsement at this time." - Bernie Sanders

"While today did not bring the great performance we hoped for, we still had great victories in Minnesota and Wisconsin! I believe we have a strong organization in the territories and in Illinois, and that is where we will make our comeback! Let's keep moving forward!" - Amy Klobuchar

"It is unfortunate that we lost so many conservative states to other candidates - AZ, GA, AK, and ID, maybe a couple others, should have fallen into our hands. But we still won in Texas and Tennessee, and my campaign is not yet over! In Kansas, Missississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana, we will win big!" - Julian Castro

"It is true that we had two big victories today in Virginia and Georgia. But we failed to win any of the northern primaries held today, and we failed to meet our targets in other states like Florida, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. My decision may surprise some, but it is the right one to make. Today, it is time to bring my efforts to become president to an end, and endorse one who is better able to meet those ambitions. My endorsement goes to Kirsten Gillibrand, a great senator who will lead this nation to prosperity!" - Andrew Cuomo

"Thank you Ohio, Michigan, and North Dakota! Today we showed that a relatively unknown governor like me still has a shot at the presidency, and these victories are going to continue! Don't believe the pundits who say it is down to Gillibrand vs. Schweitzer. We are still in the mix, and we will win this nomination!" - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you Oklahoma, Arizona, Missouri, Colorado, and Idaho! These victories are exactly what we needed to march onto the nomination with full confidence! My record as a popular democratic governor in a red state, is what this country needs in its next president, and it is the record that will win this nomination! Onward!" - Brian Schweitzer

"Thank you Vermont, Florida, Massachusetts, Maine and Alaska! And thank you to Cuomo for his endorsement! Today, you showed that my profile - from being a representative in a conservative district to a senator in a liberal state - provides the needed mix that this country needs in its' next president! With your continued support, we'll break that glass ceiling and elect a woman to the presidency!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

Full Standings (Cuomo Endorsement applied):

1st. Gillibrand - 9 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA)
2nd. Schweitzer - 6 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID)
3rd. O'Malley - 4 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND)
4th. Castro - 2 wins (TN, TX)
4th. Klobuchar - 2 wins (MN, WI)

Schedule for the Rest of March

Tuesday, March 8th - Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands (caucus), Northern Mariana Islands (caucus), American Samoa, D.C.

Monday, March 14th - Kansas (caucus), Mississippi, Alabama, Americans Abroad

Tuesday, March 22nd - Illinois, Wyoming (caucus) , Washington (caucus)

Thursday, March 31st - Louisiana, Hawaii

"And so, the democratic field shrinks from 7 to 5, with the expected withdrawal of Sanders and the unexpected withdrawal of Cuomo. Gillibrand has emerged as a frontrunner, but her lead is hardly insurmountable. Meanwhile, in other news today, the balanced budget amendment has now been passed through 32 of the 38 state legislatures it needs to be approved by. Here's the full list (in no particular order):"

1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Nevada
4. Idaho
5. Utah
6. Colorado
7. Wyoming
8. Montana
9. North Dakota
10. South Dakota
11. Nebraska
12. Louisiana
13. Arkansas
14. Florida
15. North Carolina
16. Georgia
17. Indiana
18. Kentucky
19. West Virginia
20. Alabama
21. Mississippi
22. Tennessee
23. South Carolina
24. Kansas
25. Oklahoma
26. Texas
27. Missouri
28. Michigan
29. Wisconsin
30. Iowa
31. Virginia
32. Ohio

"However, getting the last 6 states needed will be very hard. Pennsylvania and New Hampshire will likely end up approving it eventually, but it is not clear where the next four will come from...."

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »

March 8th, 2016 - "Territory Tuesday"

"In the District of Columbia, the winner is Kirsten Gillibrand."

Gillibrand: 34%
O'Malley: 31%
Klobuchar: 20%
Schweitzer: 11%
Castro: 4%

"In the territories, Amy Klobuchar gets one win, O'Malley and Schweitzer get two each."

Puerto Rico

Klobuchar: 35%
O'Malley: 28%
Schweitzer: 15%
Castro: 12%
Gillibrand: 10%

American Samoa

Schweitzer: 31%
Gillibrand: 22%
Klobuchar: 20%
O'Malley: 10%

Guam

Schweitzer: 28.4%
Klobuchar: 27.6%
O'Malley: 11%

Northern Mariana Islands

O'Malley: 31%
Schweitzer: 25%
Klobuchar: 21%
Castro: 15%
Gillibrand: 8%

Virgin Islands

O'Malley: 29%
Klobuchar: 25%
Castro: 12%

New Standings:

1st. Gillibrand - 10 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC)
2nd. Schweitzer - 8 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU)
3rd. O'Malley - 6 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI)
4th. Klobuchar - 3 wins (MN, WI, PR)
5th. Castro - 2 wins (TN, TX)

"The Territories were never a target of mine, and I still avoided placing last in most of them! We will win big in the southern primaries later this month!" - Julian Castro

"Today, we won in Puerto Rico as expected, but we failed to win Guam and the Virgin Islands, and we only managed third in American Samoa and the Northern Marianas. This is more damage than my campaign can afford to take, and it is time to end it. My endorsement is for Martin O'Malley, a great man who will unify the people of this country." - Amy Klobuchar

"Thank you to the Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands for the great support you gave me, and to Ms. Klobuchar for her endorsement, one that I fully welcome. Today's events only make me more confident that we will win this nomination! On to Illinois!" - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you D.C., for your great support of my campaign. While we did not get the victory we hoped for in American Samoa, it is hardly a game-ending loss, and our campaign remains very strong, and we can win this nomination! Onward!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Thank you American Samoa and Guam! In both territories we had significant opposition in our efforts to win, but we stood against that opposition and had an impressive performance! This momentum is only going to continue! On to Kansas and Missisissippi!" - Brian Schweitzer

Post-Endorsements Standings:

1st. Gillibrand - 10 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC)
2nd. O'Malley - 9 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MN, WI, PR)
3rd. Schweitzer - 8 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU)
4th. Castro - 2 wins (TN, TX)

"And the field shrinks to 4, as O'Malley becomes just as serious of a contender as Gillibrand and Schweitzer are. Klobuchar's choice today has only shaken up the race even more, and gives a a significant role to the primaries being held during the rest of the month."

Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »

I love diverse primaries
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »

March 14th, 2016 Primaries

"The Americans Abroad primary goes to Kirsten Gillibrand by a narrow margin."

Schweitzer: 30%
O'Malley: 22%
Castro: 14%

"Schweitzer wins in Kansas and Mississippi, while Alabama goes for Mr. Castro!"

Kansas

Schweitzer: 40%
Castro: 29%

Mississippi

Schweitzer: 32.7%
Castro: 31.6%
O'Malley: 24.3%
Gillibrand: 11.4%

Alabama

Castro: 35.4%
Schweitzer: 33.1%
O'Malley: 20.2%
Gillibrand: 11.3%

New Standings:

1st. Gillibrand - 11 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA)
2nd. Schweitzer - 10 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS)
3rd. O'Malley - 9 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MN, WI, PR)
4th. Castro - 3 wins (TN, TX, AL)

"Today, this great journey comes to an end. It is sad that the energy to elect a president who will unite those in all 50 states is gone from this world, but it is the way things are, and it is time for me to leave this race. My endorsement goes to the only uniter left standing,  Brian Schweitzer!" - Julian Castro

(O'Malley elects not to make a speech)

"Thank you to the Americans Living Abroad for their gracious endorsement of my campaign! It is your continued support that will enable us to win in Illinois, in Hawaii, in North Carolina, and across the country as this primary season continues! Onward!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Thank you Mississippi, Kansas, and Mr. Castro for your great and amazing support of my campaign! Today, we stand much stronger than we did yesterday in terms of our ability to win the nomination, and it is only the beginning of the great successes that are to come! We will win this nomination, and we will slaughter President Santorum!" - Brian Schweitzer

"The Field is now down to the final three:"

1st. Schweitzer - 13 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL)
2nd. Gillibrand - 11 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA)

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

March 22nd, 2016 Primaries

The States of Washington and Wyoming go for Brian Schweitzer as expected:

Washington

Schweitzer: 41.7%
O'Malley: 30.6%
Gillibrand: 27.7%

Wyoming

Schweitzer: 50%
O'Malley: 29.3%
Gillibrand: 20.7%

However, in the state of Illinois, in an upset, Gillibrand will narrowly defeat O'Malley. This is a terrible loss for the O'Malley campaign.

Gillibrand: 37.1%
O'Malley: 36.3%
Schweitzer: 26.6%

New Standings:

1st. Schweitzer - 15 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY)
2nd. Gillibrand - 12 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL)

"While we did not get the victory we were hoping for tonight in Illinois, our campaign is not over no matter how much the pundits think it is, and we will make our comeback in my home state of Maryland on April 5, and in the other northern states voting later that month. The fact is, we came very close to a victory in Illinois, so myself and Gillibrand will benefit essentially equally from that state. And tonight does not change what we all know to be the truth, which is that I will be the nominee in the end!" - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you Illinois! Tonight, we showed again that breaking that glass ceiling is possible, that we can become the nominee of this party and lead this country to greatness! In the north we will crush O'Malley, and I am confident we can still beat Schweitzer as well! Onward to Victory!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Thank you Wyoming and Washington! Our big victories today, especially in Wyoming where we hit the 50% mark, show that america is ready to have what it needs in a president, which is a red-state progessive governor! On to Louisiana and North Carolina!" - Brian Schweitzer

Late March/April Primaries Schedule

Thursday, March 31st - Louisiana, Hawaii (caucus)

Tuesday, April 5th - Maryland, Utah, North Carolina

Tuesday, April 19th - Pennsylvania, Delaware, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »

March 31st, 2016 Primaries

"A Predictable Split in today's primaries. Louisiana goes for Schweitzer, Hawaii goes for Gillibrand!"

Louisiana

Schweitzer: 51.4%
Gillibrand: 25.6%
O'Malley: 23%

Hawaii

Gillibrand: 40.3%
O'Malley: 34.1%
Schweitzer: 25.6%

New Standings:

1st. Schweitzer - 16 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY, LA)
2nd. Gillibrand - 13 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI)

"Thank you Hawaii for the strong second place showing! In Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, we will make our huge comeback!" - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you Hawaii for the great victory! Today, we are yet another step closer to breaking that glass ceiling! The next stop is Maryland, where O'Malley will be defeated once and for all, and North Carolina, where Schweitzer's advantage will falter!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Thank you Louisiana for the enormous victory you have given me! It is because of you that my campaign remains very strong! We will win this nomination! On to North Carolina!" - Brian Schweitzer

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »

April 5th, 2016 Primaries

"Schweitzer meets his goals as he wins in North Carolina and Utah, while O'Malley wins Maryland by a larger margin than expected!"

North Carolina

Schweitzer: 36.4%
Gillibrand: 33.1%
O'Malley: 30.5%

Utah

Schweitzer: 59.7%
O'Malley: 25.9%
Gillibrand: 14.4%

Maryland

O'Malley: 48.4%
Gillibrand: 35.9%
Schweitzer: 15.7%

New Standings:

1st. Schweitzer - 18 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY, LA, NC, UT)
2nd. Gillibrand - 13 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI)
3rd. O'Malley - 10 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MN, WI, PR, MD)

"Thank you Maryland! You have given this campaign the lifeblood it needed, and the energy we need to take on and slaughter Gillibrand on the 19th, and then Schweitzer in the month of may! The pundits that continue to call us dead, they'll regret it! Onward to Victory!" - Martin O'Malley

"Well, a day of true disappointment with no way to construe it otherwise. A very sad day. I consider myself fully responsible for not even coming close in Maryland and not winning the critical state of North Carolina. I apologize fully to my campaign staff, and promise that better things will come on the 19th." - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Thank you Utah and North Carolina! Today, we are one big step closer to locking up this nomination! The primaries on the 19th are not our territory, true. But in the month of may we will conclude with a large and big sweep that will hand us this nomination!" - Brian Schweitzer

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #143 on: February 09, 2015, 11:22:46 PM »

April 19th, 2016 - The Northern Five

"Tonight, there are 3 victories for Kirsten Gillibrand, and 2 for Martin O'Malley!"

Delaware

O'Malley: 44%
Gillibrand: 37%

Rhode Island

Gillibrand: 47%
O'Malley: 37%
Schweitzer: 16%

Pennsylvania

O'Malley: 40%
Gillibrand: 36%

Connecticut

Gillibrand: 44%
O'Malley: 41%

New York

Gillibrand: 66%
O'Malley: 24%
Schweitzer: 10%

New Standings:

1st. Schweitzer - 18 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY, LA, NC, UT)
2nd. Gillibrand - 16 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI, NY, RI, CT)
3rd. O'Malley - 12 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MN, WI, PR, MD, DE, PA)

"Thank you Delaware and Pennsylvania for the great victories, and also Connecticut and Rhode Island where we were competitive! These accomplishments show that there remains true, real energy in this campaign! On to West Virginia!" - Martin O'Malley

(Schweitzer does not make a speech, as he did not campaign in the "northern five" states)

"Thank you Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. These much needed victories have given this campaign the real lifeblood that it needed, and enable us to finish this campaign strong! In the month of may we will have great successes, and it all begins at our next stop, the state of Indiana! Onward to Victory!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Even as April comes to a close, the primaries have not been resolved. Gillibrand clearly has a shot at defeating Schweitzer, while O'Malley's reason for staying in is more likely rooted in not wanting his endorsement to decide things as opposed to any actual path to winning. At this point, a broker convention seems very likely."

Final Primaries Schedule

Monday, May 9th - Indiana, West Virginia
Saturday, May 14th - Nebraska, Oregon
Wednesday, May 18th - Arkansas, Kentucky
Friday, May 27th - California, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, Montana

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 01:16:11 PM by Wulfric »

May 9th, 2016 Primaries

"O'Malley and Gillibrand will split tonight's primaries."

Indiana

Gillibrand: 36.4%
O'Malley: 33.1%
Schweitzer: 30.5%

West Virginia

O'Malley: 38%
Schweitzer: 31.4%
Gillibrand: 30.6%

New Standings:

2nd. Gillibrand - 17 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI, NY, RI, CT, IN)
3rd. O'Malley - 13 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MN, WI, PR, MD, DE, PA, WV)

"Thank you West Virginia for the 2nd place showing! Today's performance may not be the greatest, but in Nebraska, Oregon, Arkansas, and Kentucky we will win big!" - Brian Schweitzer

"Thank you West Virginia for the great victory! You are the reason why this campaign can continue, and this will not be the end of our successes! In Oregon and in Kentucky, we have a real path to victory that Schweitzer simply cannot crush!" Martin O'Malley

"Thank you Indiana for the great victory! Tonight, we continue to show that breaking the glass ceiling is possible, and every day my chances of winning this nomination climb higher and higher! In Oregon, in Kentucky, and on the 27th, we will win big and force Schweitzer to give up!" - Kirsten Gillibrand

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2015, 01:15:54 PM »

May 14th, 2016 Primaries

"Schweitzer wins Nebraska and Oregon!"

Nebraska

Schweitzer: 44%
Gillibrand: 30%
O'Malley: 26%

Oregon

Schweitzer: 36%
O'Malley: 33%
Gillibrand: 31%

May 18th, 2016 Primaries

"Schweitzer wins in Arkansas and Kentucky!"

Arkansas

Schweitzer: 49%
O'Malley: 26%
Gillibrand: 24%

Kentucky

Schweitzer: 38%
O'Malley: 28%

New Standings:

1st. Schweitzer - 22 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY, LA, NC, UT, NE, OR, AR, KY)
2nd. Gillibrand - 17 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI, NY, RI, CT, IN)

"Thank you Oregon for the strong second place showing! While the rest of the recent results do not bring us great joy, they do not signal an end! Our chance to win this nomination is still alive and well, and will greatly exceed expectations on the 27th!" - O'Malley

"Thank you Kentucky for the strong second place showing! This is the result we needed to keep us in the race for this nomination, and things will only get better in the future! On the 27th, we will crush the opposition, and then finish the job at the convention!" - Gillibrand

"Thank you Nebraska, Oregon, Arkansas, and Kentucky! Today, we clearly made up for the losses earlier this month, and have reestablished our frontrunner status! On the 27th, we will secure this nomination! Onward to Victory!" - Brian Schweitzer
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2015, 10:27:00 PM »

I can't wait to see the rainbow of a map this primary produces
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »

May 27th, 2016 - The Final Primaries

"An extremely disappointing result for anyone not supporting Schweitzer. Schweitzer received easy victories in his home state of Montana and in South Dakota, and even won by double digits in California! He also won by a narrow margin in New Mexico. New Jersey, however, has gone for Gillibrand."

New Jersey

Gillibrand: 45%
O'Malley: 40%

New Mexico

Schweitzer: 36.5%
Gillibrand: 30.5%

California

Schweitzer: 41.5%
Gillibrand: 31%
O'Malley: 27.5%

South Dakota

Schweitzer: 48%
Gillibrand: 19%

Montana

Schweitzer: 68%
O'Malley: 22%

-------------
Color Code for the Maps Below:

Blue 30%: Klobuchar win
Blue 90%: Castro win
Green 30%: O'Malley win
Green 90%: Cuomo win
Red 30%: Schweitzer win
Red 90%: Gillibrand win

Final Standings WITH Endorsements:

1st. Schweitzer - 26 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, TN, TX, AL, WA, WY, LA, NC, UT, NE, OR, AR, KY, CA, NM, SD, MT)
2nd. Gillibrand - 18 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, SC, VA, GA, DC, AA, IL, HI, NY, RI, CT, IN, NJ)

Final Standings WITHOUT Endorsements:

1st. Schweitzer - 23 wins (NV, OK, MO, AZ, CO, ID, AS, GU, KS, MS, WA, WY, LA, NC, UT, NE, OR, AR, KY, CA, NM, SD, MT)
2nd. Gillibrand - 15 wins (NH, VT, FL, MA, ME, AK, DC, AA, IL, HI, NY, RI, CT, IN, NJ)
3rd. O'Malley - 10 wins (IA, OH, MI, ND, NMI, VI, MD, DE, PA, WV)
4th. Castro - 3 wins (TX, TN, AL)
4th. Klobuchar - 3 wins (MN, WI, PR)
4th. Cuomo - 3 wins (SC, VA, GA)
7th. Others - 0 wins

Primary Map WITH Endorsements

Primary Map WITHOUT Endorsements

-------------------------------------------------------

"We had a great victory today in New Jersey, but the voice of the voters overall is clear, and Schweitzer has earned this nomination, and today I end my campaign and endorse him. It is sad that this country is still not ready to elect a woman to be president, but at least Schweitzer will be far better than Santorum." - Kirsten Gillibrand

"Our performances today were disappointing everywhere, and I agree with Senator Gillibrand that the voice of the voters is clear, and so I end my campaign and endorse Mr. Schweitzer. It is my hope that the party can unify after this period of division, and I hope Schweitzer is strong enough to crush Santorum in November." - Martin O'Malley

"Thank you to South Dakota, Montana, New Mexico, and California for the great victories, and to Gillibrand and O'Malley for the endorsements. Now, with the fight for the nomination finally over,  it is time to take the fight to Santorum and show him that he has lost the trust and confidence of this country. In November, we will have a great victory, and once I take office, the harm Santorum has done to this country will be completely and fully undone!" - Brian Schweitzer

"And so, the nomination goes to Schweitzer without a broker convention. Now, the general election against Santorum. Four years ago, Santorum won by a razor thin margin in the Popular Vote, and had to use the tiebreaker rules to win the EC. Now we shall see if he is any luckier the second time around....."

Next Time: Legislative Stuff, Schweitzer VP Pick, and GE Polling

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2015, 01:02:43 AM »

2016 - Legislative Stuff and Primary Aftermath

The January-November period of 2016 was without accomplishment in a legislative sense. Republicans were doing everything they could to make Kirk, Toomey, Rubio, and other vulnerable senators look as moderate as possible, and so weren't pushing for conservative ideals. And while Frudenthal and Mongiardo had gone along with repealing ObamaCare the year before, they weren't so keen to jump on an another conservative ideal in an election year. The Budget for the next fiscal year was passed in Mid-July, but it was identical to the previous budget.

In Late July, the democratic and republican conventions were held.

Santorum was easily renominated, with only 55 delegates refusing to support him, and Daniels was renominated by acclamation.

Shortly before the convention, Schweitzer announced that he had picked Kirsten Gillibrand to be his VP. This was praised in democratic circles and did much to repair party divisions, while republican historians pointed out what had happened the last time the democrats had nominated a woman for VP (The Reagan '84 landslide) as they laughed at the choice. In any case, only 24 delegates would refuse to support Schweitzer at the convention, and Gillibrand was nominated by acclamation.

--------

August 1, 2016 - Presidential Polling

Schweitzer/Gillibrand: 273
Santorum/Daniels: 188
Toss-Up: 77

Inclusive National:

Schweitzer/Gillibrand: 46.8%
Santorum/Daniels: 42.1%
Others: 2.1%
Undecided: 9%

Two-Way National:

Schweitzer/Gillibrand: 48.3%
Santorum/Daniels: 42.7%
Undecided: 9%

Colorado:

Schweitzer: 47%
Santorum: 46%

Iowa:

Schweitzer: 46%

Ohio:

Santorum: 44%

North Carolina:

Schweitzer: 45%

Florida:

Schweitzer: 46%
Santorum: 45%

Arizona:

Santorum: 50%
Schweitzer: 43%

Georgia:

Santorum: 49%
Schweitzer: 43%

Missouri:

Santorum: 49%
Schweitzer: 44%

NE-2:

Santorum: 48%
Schweitzer: 42%

Virginia:

Santorum: 41%

Pennsylvania:

Schweitzer: 47%

Wisconsin:

Santorum: 42%

New Hampshire:

ME-2:

Santorum: 42%

Nevada:

Schweitzer: 52%

Montana:

Santorum: 40%

Minnesota:

Santorum: 39%

Michigan:

Santorum: 38%

North Dakota:

Santorum: 52%

South Dakota:

Santorum: 51%

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »

August 1, 2016 - A Look at Gubernatorial Races

Utah (Safe R): 2010 Senate Nominee Sam Granato (D) vs. Gov. Gary Herbert (R)

Indiana (Likely R): 2010 Senate Nominee Brad Ellsworth (D) vs. Gov. Mike Pence (R)

Polling:

Pence: 49%
Ellsworth: 39%

West Virginia (Likely R): Fmr. Appointed Senator Carte Goodwin (D) vs. Att. Gen. Patrick Morrisey (R)

Polling:

Morrisey: 50%
Goodwin: 39%

North Dakota (Lean R): 2012 Senate Nominee Heidi Heitkamp (D) vs. Gov. Jack Dalrymple (R)

Pollling:

Dalrymple: 47%
Heitkamp: 42%

North Carolina (Lean R): Att. Gen. Roy Cooper (D) vs. Gov. Pat McCrory (R)

Polling:

McCrory: 48%
Cooper: 42%

New Hampshire (Toss-Up): Fmr. Portsmouth Mayor Steve Marchand (D) vs. Gov. Jeb Bradley (R)

Polling:

Bradley: 47%
Marchand: 44%

Missouri (Toss-Up): Treasurer Clint Zweifel (D) vs. Fmr. Missouri House Speaker Catherine Hanaway (R)

Polling:

Hanaway: 45%
Zweifel: 45%

Montana (Toss-Up): 2012 Gubernatorial Nominee Steve Bullock (D) vs. Gov. Rick Hill (R)

Polling:

Bullock: 46%
Hill: 45%

Washington (Toss-Up): Gov. Jay Inslee (D) vs. Rep. Dave Reichert (R)

Polling:

Inslee: 47%
Reichert: 45%

Vermont (Lean D): Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) vs. 2010 Gubernatorial Nominee Brian Dubie (R)

Polling:

Shumlin: 47%
Dubie: 40%

Delaware (Safe D): Fmr. Att. Gen. Beau Biden (D) vs. 2012 Gubernatorial Nominee Jeff Cragg (R)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies