MUH TARIFFS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:47:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MUH TARIFFS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MUH TARIFFS  (Read 8320 times)
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« on: July 16, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »

I think most people would support their state if it seceded for whatever reason. I don't endorse Florida leaving the Union and would vote "no" in a referendum on the subject for a variety of reasons, but if the "yes" campaign wins out and we do secede in this hypothetical situation, I'm going to be a citizen of the Republic of Florida.

I agree with Del Tachi on the CSA being a world power if it left the Union in 2014, though I also have to give Cory credit-the CSA of the Civil War would not have survived, and had the south won the war, the slavery situation would have to be addressed by the 1880s, or a violent bloodbath could have broken out that would have made Reconstruction look good in comparison.
I agree with the first paragraph.

But honestly, the south seceding today would lose many important areas, and its economy would eventually go down the drain and probably be peacefully reannexed by the US.
The South today is already a major hub of sex slavery. The CSA would probably replace Russia as the world's human trafficing center.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:14:57 PM »

I think most people would support their state if it seceded for whatever reason. I don't endorse Florida leaving the Union and would vote "no" in a referendum on the subject for a variety of reasons, but if the "yes" campaign wins out and we do secede in this hypothetical situation, I'm going to be a citizen of the Republic of Florida.

I agree with Del Tachi on the CSA being a world power if it left the Union in 2014, though I also have to give Cory credit-the CSA of the Civil War would not have survived, and had the south won the war, the slavery situation would have to be addressed by the 1880s, or a violent bloodbath could have broken out that would have made Reconstruction look good in comparison.
I agree with the first paragraph.

But honestly, the south seceding today would lose many important areas, and its economy would eventually go down the drain and probably be peacefully reannexed by the US.
The South today is already a major hub of sex slavery. The CSA would probably replace Russia as the world's human trafficing center.
I wonder what they would do with their stretch of the Texan border.
If the kids fled into the CSA, I'd hate to know what would happen to them...
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 07:43:56 PM »

snip
Getting back to the original argument which seems to be ignored every time I try to clarify it: How is someone a defender of slavery for saying that they would defend their home against an invading army that is invading with the stated intent of NOT abolishing slavery?

Because tons of people in the real life South didn't? Quite a few people in places like West Virginia, East Tennessee, North Alabama, and the Texas hill country amoung other places supported the union. The truth is that the Confederates were just as likely in events like the Hill Country massacre to abuse their own White citizens as the north was. There was hardly any reason beyond supporting slavery to support the Slave states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies