MUH TARIFFS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MUH TARIFFS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MUH TARIFFS  (Read 8299 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 16, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
« edited: July 16, 2014, 05:43:00 PM by Simfan34 »

RINOs.

The Union forever! Hurrah, boys, hurrah!
Down with the traitors, up with the stars;
While we rally round the flag, boys, rally once again,
Shouting the battle cry of freedom!

EDIT: Also the video was apparently made by a "Henok Gugsa". Abeshas know what it's about. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »

The thread name is not funny.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »

I think most people would support their state if it seceded for whatever reason. I don't endorse Florida leaving the Union and would vote "no" in a referendum on the subject for a variety of reasons, but if the "yes" campaign wins out and we do secede in this hypothetical situation, I'm going to be a citizen of the Republic of Florida.

This is also silly. I feel no particular feeling towards New Jersey and would leave the state if it were to secede. I might act differently if New York City were to secede but I'm certainly not becoming a citizen of the "Republic of New York" or anything like that. I mean this is decidedly un-patriotic, it's not expected from a conservative.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »

I think most people would support their state if it seceded for whatever reason. I don't endorse Florida leaving the Union and would vote "no" in a referendum on the subject for a variety of reasons, but if the "yes" campaign wins out and we do secede in this hypothetical situation, I'm going to be a citizen of the Republic of Florida.

This is also silly. I feel no particular feeling towards New Jersey and would leave the state if it were to secede. I might act differently if New York City were to secede but I'm certainly not becoming a citizen of the "Republic of New York" or anything like that. I mean this is decidedly un-patriotic, it's not expected from a conservative.

I have no ill will towards the Union and I hope it never, ever comes apart again. But we are the United States of America-a collection of fifty states with a variety of customs, traditions, and histories that are unique. We root for our local sports teams. Why should we not root for our state first and foremost?

Why should I feel any attachment to my state? Being born in Mobile as compared to New York would not have made all that much difference when compared to if I had been born in, say, Accra. And who says we all root for local teams? The silliness of that comparison aside (at least in terms of acting as if they are similar), it's untrue.

From whom? Child refugees? Central American job-seekers? I agree illegal immigration is not a good thing, which is uncontroversial, but the idea that undocumented immigrants pose some active menace to society from which we must defend ourselves is well, offensive.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »

Where's Oldiesfreak when you need him?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies