The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:05:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Author Topic: The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread  (Read 66527 times)
MalaspinaGold

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: August 19, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Netanyahu has recalled the Israeli delegation.

Mind-numbingly stupid thing to do, especially considering it's likely that Hamas wasn't the group that shot the rockets (more likely PRC or one of the Jihadi groups.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #451 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:09 PM »

Does anyone know who was in the Israeli delegation?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2014, 04:22:26 AM »

Netanyahu has recalled the Israeli delegation.

Mind-numbingly stupid thing to do, especially considering it's likely that Hamas wasn't the group that shot the rockets (more likely PRC or one of the Jihadi groups.

It's still their territory and it's not like they're condemning it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »

Settlers' dogs attack Palestinian children.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »

You are literally posting from a website run by the Iranian government with support from Neo-Nazi website Veterans Today, that has in the past claimed that Israel and American Jews were behind 9/11.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2014, 05:45:24 PM »

You are literally posting from a website run by the Iranian government with support from Neo-Nazi website Veterans Today, that has in the past claimed that Israel and American Jews were behind 9/11.

Press TV and Russia Today are far more reliable sources than the Western Imperialist Propaganda™ you swallow on a daily basis, sheep.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:28 PM »

Press TV and Russia Today are far more reliable sources than the Western Imperialist Propaganda™ you swallow on a daily basis, sheep.
Excellent parody of a crazy person!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:47 PM »

The big news today is that following the Israeli assassination of three senior Hamas military officials, Hamas have lynched twenty one alleged informers.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #458 on: August 22, 2014, 01:53:01 PM »

The big news today is that following the Israeli assassination of three senior Hamas military officials, Hamas have lynched twenty one alleged informers.
Generally Israeli military law allows capital punishment at times of war with light of severe treason. I guess if 3 IDF generals would have been assassinated with their families thanks due treason at time of intense war and siege we might see executions too.

This is seriously turning into a circus, I'm not sure if there's anyone in the government who even knows what we want here.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2014, 04:40:15 PM »

Generally Israeli military law allows capital punishment at times of war with light of severe treason. I guess if 3 IDF generals would have been assassinated with their families thanks due treason at time of intense war and siege we might see executions too.

This is seriously turning into a circus, I'm not sure if there's anyone in the government who even knows what we want here.

I'm guessing there'd be trials with evidence presented and a verdict by jury, not a summary execution of all the accused.

Executing collaborators is no scandal. The speed with which Hamas finds and kills collaborators makes me think these are more likely just political opponents.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:20 PM »

There seems to be some confusion over the figures; different sources say 18 or 21.

This is seriously turning into a circus

Absolutely.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2014, 07:11:10 PM »

It turned into one the second the ceasefire agreement fell through.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »

On average, there has been a rocket fired every 10 minutes since the last ceasefire was broken by Hamas.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

http://blogs.forward.com/jj-goldberg/204268/an-israeli-novelists-cry-for-peace-a-rabbis-reply/?
There are two articles here: one is a transcript of a speech by David Grossman at a Peace rally, calling for a broad coalition against the growing extremism in Israeli politics and society.

The second one is by an Orthodox rabbi, Yuval Sherlow who seems to agree with Grossman's key points, but who argues that Grossman is turning off the Israeli public in some of his metaphors, and is thus digging himself into a deeper hole.

I personally agree with Grossman and his tone, though Sherlow is correct in arguing that it will take Israeli public support to seek a solution.

Also, old interview with a Hadash party member on why a one-state is unworkable
http://newvoices.org/2009/02/12/0036-4/
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

Reactionaries like you are a greater danger to society than Press TV, trust me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #465 on: August 23, 2014, 01:25:17 PM »

“The missiles that are now being launched against Israel, each and every missile constitutes a crime against humanity, whether it hits or misses, because it is directed at civilian targets,”
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

Vichy Palestine has been a joke for a while now.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: August 23, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »

Dude, you defend Nazi war criminals.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #468 on: August 23, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »

Good things they don't launch missiles but rather rockets...
Not to take a stand at the humanity of each side right now I think standing international law regarding wars is completely unfit to judge situations like these. Coded law designed to alleviate causalities in state-to-state wars is not fit to address a complicated situation like these. Warfare is sprinting ahead of law.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #469 on: August 23, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »

I don't recall you being particularly hot and bothered when UN schools were getting shelled. I think your problem is that you are more upset by a Palestinian rocket that kills zero Israeli civilians than you are by Israeli artillery that kills multiple Palestinian civilians because on some possibly subconscious level you view Israeli lives as being inherently more valuable.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #470 on: August 23, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »

I don't recall you being particularly hot and bothered when UN schools were getting shelled. I think your problem is that you are more upset by a Palestinian rocket that kills zero Israeli civilians than you are by Israeli artillery that kills multiple Palestinian civilians because on some possibly subconscious level you view Israeli lives as being inherently more valuable.

Or perhaps because one is a flat-out attempt to kill civilians, while the other is a belated response aimed at reducing enemy military capabilities.

Dude, you defend Nazi war criminals.

Which court found him guilty of war crimes? I think you need your meds checked.
You defend much worse.

Roll Eyes
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #471 on: August 23, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »

Who is this?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2014, 12:50:33 AM »

And you've always been more upset with da Juice than you have Hamas, despite Hamas being the one that keeps breaking the ceasefire...do you know how many more Gazans would be alive today if Hamas had not broken the first ceasefire?  A lot of Gazans know.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »

The only difference between a missile and a rocket is the presence of an internal guidance system.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2014, 02:30:22 PM »

And you've always been more upset with da Juice than you have Hamas, despite Hamas being the one that keeps breaking the ceasefire...do you know how many more Gazans would be alive today if Hamas had not broken the first ceasefire?  A lot of Gazans know.

I'm more upset with the people who have killed hundreds of civilians than I am with the people who have killed like three civilians.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies