The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:43:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Present Israel-Palestine Conflict Thread  (Read 66658 times)
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Isn't this the problem? People keep valuing the death of "their own" as more important. Let's reverse the situation. What if Mexico destroyed some US border towns because some Americans fired rockets at them? I'm sure the "minutemen" would probably escalate things and retaliate. Then Mexico retaliates. It just seems like this crisis is so human.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »

Israelis should do what European powers did, and stop occupying territory. That is not to condone terrorism against French Algerians or Israeli civilians. I'm just saying there is a precedence for taking the high road and leaving, rather than perpetually fighting to hold onto occupied territory.

By the standards of a western democracy, Israel's current actions are horrible and disgusting.
I totally don't understand how this is just a "known" thing.  How do you think a European country would act in the same situation?  Do you guys REALLY think Germany would send an angry letter if missiles were launched at their civilians every few days (and that's during the "cold" part of the conflict)?  Or if there were tunnels built (that again cost many millions and use child slave labor to construct where hundreds have died) for the sole purpose of kidnapping/murdering your civilians?  What action(s) have Western democracies done to make people think they wouldn't take action in such a scenario.

I don't deny that a European country could react in a similarly disgusting manner. It's probably more likely than not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies