Oldiesfreak1856 vs. Jimmy Carter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:19:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Oldiesfreak1856 vs. Jimmy Carter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Oldiesfreak1856 vs. Jimmy Carter
Oldiesfreak1856/Oldiesfreak1856

Oldiesfreak1856/Carter

Carter/Oldiesfreak1856

Carter/Carter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Oldiesfreak1856 vs. Jimmy Carter  (Read 2328 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »

Carter/Carter
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:34:52 PM »

The fourth- or fifth-worst President since World War II (normal).
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 03:39:09 PM »

Option 4.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »

Fixed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »

Narrow Carter victory.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 05:04:28 PM »

Go AWAY, Oldiesfreak.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

Don't get me wrong; Jimmy Carter is a great man, but he was an absolutely dreadful president.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »

An honorable former President whose hard work and charity has benefited the lives of millions around the globe in the past 35 years vs a sexist, racist, dim-witted hack. Hard sell.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 09:40:53 PM »

Not, however, the worst since World War II.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »

An honorable former President whose hard work and charity has benefited the lives of millions around the globe in the past 35 years vs a sexist, racist, dim-witted hack. Hard sell.
But muh inflation
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:16 AM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 08:42:07 AM »

Have you not read my posts?  I'm very much against racism and sexism.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »

Yes.  I am prolife and oppose abortion except to save the mother's life.  Allowing abortion in cases of rape and incest sends the message to men that they can use women however they want sexually without consequence.  It essentially is the ultimate objectification of women. 

How is making a woman have her rapist's baby a punishment for the rapist and not the woman?
It's not a punishment for either one.  It making sure that the rapist bears responsibility for impregnating the woman he raped.  If the woman can simply get an abortion, then it absolves the rapist for any responsibility toward abusing the woman and conceiving that child.  Since many rapes go unreported, it's quite possible that the rapist may not even face any legal responsibility for it.  If the rapist didn't want to impregnate the woman, then he shouldn't have raped the woman in the first place.  (He shouldn't have anyway, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »

Same reason most racial minorities are Democrats: because they've been brainwashed by Dems that the GOP is racist.  Vietnamese-Americans are an exception to this, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of Chinese-Americans, Korean-Americans, or Cambodian-Americans that are Republican.

Translation: These minorities are so stupid. Why can't they do what's good for them?

I also forgot to add in my post above: homophobic.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 06:26:49 PM »

Yes.  I am prolife and oppose abortion except to save the mother's life.  Allowing abortion in cases of rape and incest sends the message to men that they can use women however they want sexually without consequence.  It essentially is the ultimate objectification of women. 

How is making a woman have her rapist's baby a punishment for the rapist and not the woman?
It's not a punishment for either one.  It making sure that the rapist bears responsibility for impregnating the woman he raped.  If the woman can simply get an abortion, then it absolves the rapist for any responsibility toward abusing the woman and conceiving that child.  Since many rapes go unreported, it's quite possible that the rapist may not even face any legal responsibility for it.  If the rapist didn't want to impregnate the woman, then he shouldn't have raped the woman in the first place.  (He shouldn't have anyway, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion.)
I've explained countless times what I meant by this.  I hate rape (and sexism) as much as anyone, but allowing abortion in cases of rape reinforces sexism and the objectifying of women because it sends the message to rapists that they bear no responsibility if they impregnate the women they rape.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2014, 06:30:36 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Same reason most racial minorities are Democrats: because they've been brainwashed by Dems that the GOP is racist.  Vietnamese-Americans are an exception to this, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are a number of Chinese-Americans, Korean-Americans, or Cambodian-Americans that are Republican.

Translation: These minorities are so stupid. Why can't they do what's good for them?

I also forgot to add in my post above: homophobic.
That's not what I was saying.  I wasn't saying that minorities are stupid; I was simply saying that the Democrats have lied to them so long about "those racist Republicans" that they believe it.  Simply put, a lie repeated often enough eventually becomes accepted as the truth.  It's not that they're stupid, it's that so much of what they know about the GOP isn't true.

And as for homophobic, I have NOTHING against homosexuals as people.  I believe they are deserving of the exact same legal rights as any other American, but I don't think we need to redefine marriage in order to give them the same legal protections as a married couple.  Gay marriage is a language issue to me, not a civil rights issue.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 06:35:27 PM »

Carter is the sane choice.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

Imagen if Republicom partee founded in 1856 instead of 1854. Then weed hav oldiefreq1856 instead of oldiefreq1854
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »

I've explained countless times what I meant by this.  I hate rape (and sexism) as much as anyone, but allowing abortion in cases of rape reinforces sexism and the objectifying of women because it sends the message to rapists that they bear no responsibility if they impregnate the women they rape.

Not only are you  a vile human being, but it is quite clear that you do not understand sexism or the objectification of women. You posted in another thread that you are a virgin: please keep it that way and never attempt to court a woman so long as you hold despicable views in this vain.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 10:32:49 PM »

And as for homophobic, I have NOTHING against homosexuals as people.  I believe they are deserving of the exact same legal rights as any other American, but I don't think we need to redefine marriage in order to give them the same legal protections as a married couple.  Gay marriage is a language issue to me, not a civil rights issue.

I didn't think it was possible, but you just directly contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Furthermore, gay marriage is a civil rights issue to me and Marokai and Adam and Adam and Bedstuy and Verin and Flo and afleitch and a damn good lot of others, so you should probably step out of that debate.

Also you seem to be mentally ill. You should probably go see someone about that.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »

The third worst President since World War II (normal).
NHLiberal

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

Which 4 are below Carter for you? Obama, Bush Jr, Ford, and Nixon?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 02:13:04 AM »

Jimmy Carter is my friend.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: