IDS 2: Help For Those Who Seriously Can't Help Themselves Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:38:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: Help For Those Who Seriously Can't Help Themselves Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: Help For Those Who Seriously Can't Help Themselves Act (Debating)  (Read 354 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: July 19, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »

I'm not opposed to funding research, though in all honesty I'm rather pessimistic about this bill as a whole because it doesn't seem to change what we do already.  Effectiveness needs to seriously be considered in weighing the costs.

A few other points I'd make is that we already allow parents to choose which schools their children go to, the anti-homelessness bill we passed a few months ago addresses mental care, and the Senate is working on an education bill that will affect children in need of mental care.  The details of that priorities will likely be expanded on in future legislation.

If the sponsor can convince me that this bill will amount to more than a legislative band-aid and is worth what ever the total cost will be, I will support it.  But, at the moment, I am inclined to veto this bill in its existing framework.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:24:22 PM »

In that case, there are no more bills to discuss.

Looks like I have to get that healthcare bill drafted soon, which is a little difficult for me now, but thankfully this is the end of the session...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies