1920 Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:35:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1920 Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will it be? The fresh face, the returning hero, the fighter, or Carter Glass?
Union Party: Senator Calvin Coolidge of Massachusetts and Senator Warren G. Harding of Ohio

Farmer-Labor Party: Fmr. President Eugene Debs of Indiana and Congressman Fiorello H. La Guardia of New York

Bull-Moose Party: Senate Minority Leader Robert M. La Follette of Wisconsin and Governor Gifford Pinchot of Pennsylvania

Populist Party: Senate Minority Leader Carter Glass of Virginia and Fmr. Governor Woodrow Wilson of New Jersey

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: 1920 Presidential Election  (Read 1598 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 18, 2014, 11:09:03 AM »

Fighting Bob!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »

X do you not want President La Guardia? Because that's basically the choice you're making here - him or Pinchot.

LaFollette wouldn't die in office, so why would Pinchot become President?  Besides, I'd rather LaGaurdia be Mayor of NYC and then get picked by someone else for VP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2014, 11:07:43 AM by X is Tywinning »

X do you not want President La Guardia? Because that's basically the choice you're making here - him or Pinchot.

LaFollette wouldn't die in office, so why would Pinchot become President?  Besides, I'd rather LaGaurdia be Mayor of NYC and then get picked by someone else for VP.

He dies in '25, Debs dies in '26.

If he LaFollette lost re-election, he'd die after his term ended.  Honestly, the Bull-Moose ticket is far stronger and more appealing to me.  You're free to vote for Debs, but I'm rooting for LaFollette this time around.  Besides, Debs' best days were long behind him by this point IRL while LaFollette was still going strong.  The only reason I can see to support Debs over LaFollette is party-line voting (since I usually vote Farmer-Labor) and that isn't enough for me.  Beyond which, I would argue that (especially given that we're co-running this) it is kinda bad form for either of us to be lobbying people to vote for a certain candidate like this.  People aren't under any obligation to support a candidate one of us supports and shouldn't be pressured to so.  I'm not saying that was your intention, but I just don't want either of us to accidentally move into that direction.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »

OK, I haven't forgotten about this - could somebody send me a PM of all the elections we're without maps on, and I'll try and get them done in the next few days?

Also has America admitted any new states?

I will later tonight or tomorrow evening at the absolute latest, sorry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies