Opinion of the Russian seperatist rebels in Ukraine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:03:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Russian seperatist rebels in Ukraine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Russian seperatist rebels in Ukraine
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 98

Author Topic: Opinion of the Russian seperatist rebels in Ukraine  (Read 3088 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: July 18, 2014, 09:32:14 AM »

Russia had a claim to the Crimea, but that was about it. As soon as these guys declared a "People's Republic", I realized that they have lost it. The Russians have given up hope on them as well, it appears.

No, they didn't.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:35:01 AM »

Awful, although I really don't think you can plausibly argue that Euromaidan forces are much better, given that they don't seem to have much of a problem burning people alive.

I don't see how you can possibly draw such a conclusion from the article you provided:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clearly, not only were these not "helpless" civilians, which, while I understand you never said such a thing, changes the facts of the matter considerably, but it is stated that the "Euromaidan forces" you object to made an effort to rescue the people inside the building, the presumed people who has been shooting to them beforehand. And, of course, nowhere in the article does it mention that they intended to burn these people to death. I mean, I am at a loss here. How do you read this and conclude "they don't have much of a problem burning people alive"?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 02:12:35 AM »

Brave leftist warriors don't let facts get in the way of a good talking point.

The same way Snowstalker basically believes the entire Ukrainian government and anti-separatist fighters are neo-Nazis which in terms of percentages is equivalent to claiming that all Greek voters are neo-Nazis because of Golden Dawn support.

Well, yes, but rarely does one post an article that quite clearly contradicts them without being completely brain-dead. And TNF has never struck me as quite that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies