I'm Leaving...For Now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm Leaving...For Now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm Leaving...For Now  (Read 7338 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »

Anyone who feels that they need to pray about what to do on an internet forum clearly needs to break from said internet forum, and I'm glad that Oldies realizes this.

Goodbye.

Yep.

I am not one who will take the moment to heckle over this, given that Oldies feels so strongly about the forum.  While he does have a more than somewhat flawed perspective on the modern parties (or hell, like a lot of you, even a flawed perspective on the past), he has always brought a fascinating if even misguided view of the world.

Admit it, whether you like the guy or not there's going to be a part of this forum that feels empty without his contributions.

-Mechaman.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 08:21:12 AM »

Admit it, whether you like the guy or not there's going to be a part of this forum that feels empty without his contributions.

No. Just no.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »

Who are you again?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2014, 09:03:01 AM »

No. Just no.

Oh come on man!  Surely you can admit that there is a part of you that enjoys his whole "THE REPUBLICANS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE SLAVES AND THE DEMOCRATS HATE TEH BLACKS!" act that he pulls constantly.  Even if he applies this very flawed view to modern day politics, it's always worth the few laughs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »

No. Just no.

Oh come on man!  Surely you can admit that there is a part of you that enjoys his whole "THE REPUBLICANS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEED THE SLAVES AND THE DEMOCRATS HATE TEH BLACKS!" act that he pulls constantly.  Even if he applies this very flawed view to modern day politics, it's always worth the few laughs.

No, its irritating and pathetic, but not even a chuckle over here.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

Don't leave Oldiesfreak!! Sad
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »

I'm not a fan of leaving threads, but there's no need to bully the guy on his way out... Come on, people.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »

Over the past few days, I've been thinking and praying about this, and I've decided to be leaving the forum, at least for now.  I don't know whether I'll be back, but I seriously need to break for a while.

What?

It's an American thing.

"God, I know you're really busy comforting the families of the downed airliner, working to guide the people of Israel towards peace in their conflict, and helping the millions in this country with cancer deal with their disease. But if you have a free minute, I'm having trouble with this message board on the Internet..."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »

Well, presumably God is magical enough that he can do an infinite number of things at a time right?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »

I for one will miss Oldies. Sure his view isn't correct, but I find his contributions humorous, and I don't feel he ever meant harm to anyone, even with his warped views. His views on abortion and rape were clearly wrong, but I don't believe those were based on malice towards rape victims, they were simply based on ignorance. This isn't to excuse ignorance, but I don't believe Oldies stated his flawed perspective based on hatred or bigotry, at least intentionally.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »

I for one will miss Oldies. Sure his view isn't correct, but I find his contributions humorous, and I don't feel he ever meant harm to anyone, even with his warped views. His views on abortion and rape were clearly wrong, but I don't believe those were based on malice towards rape victims, they were simply based on ignorance. This isn't to excuse ignorance, but I don't believe Oldies stated his flawed perspective based on hatred or bigotry, at least intentionally.

This
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »

I tend to agree with what Matt said. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

Looks like he is back posting, unfortunately.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »

Looks like he is back posting, unfortunately.

He cried towards the heavens, "Dear God, should I quit posting on this internet forum I post on a lot?" And God replied unto him, "Yes, my son, stop posting, but be sure to return two days later so that you can cast your vote in the Fantasy Elections on that internet forum, before then leaving again." And so it was.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 09:48:44 PM »

Did we just lose 25% of our blacks?  : (
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »

I'm not a fan of leaving threads, but there's no need to bully the guy on his way out... Come on, people.

If anybody were ever true to their word about these types of threads (lol), then it shouldn't even matter what people say about them in their thread... they've already gone, right?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »

If anybody were ever true to their word about these types of threads (lol), then it shouldn't even matter what people say about them in their thread... they've already gone, right?

However, that's clearly not applicable here:

Over the past few days, I've been thinking and praying about this, and I've decided to be leaving the forum, at least for now.  I don't know whether I'll be back, but I seriously need to break for a while.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:55 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2014, 03:55:55 PM by Sawx »

Come on, guys, it's Atlas. Oldies will be back. It gets boring without any Rs here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »

However, that's clearly not applicable here:

Well duh.  I made that post after it was already clear that he had already come back.  It was more of a general statement that we don't need to be so prissy about insulting posters who say they're leaving.

Oldies should be discouraged from coming back.  He is a terrible poster, and the forum is better off with him gone.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »

NHLiberal

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »

He's back...