Smack Ain't Whack Act of 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:59:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Smack Ain't Whack Act of 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Smack Ain't Whack Act of 2014  (Read 5003 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: July 22, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »

While it's probably true that heroin administered by the government would be safer, making it available to everyone easily would also increase the total amount used, so the number of people killed might increase even if the percentage goes right down.

I say might because I don't know the specifics about heroin or any other drug, but the general principle applies.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »

I'm not really much of a regionalist apart from for game purposes, so I don't see why, if something is a bad idea federally it becomes a good idea regionally. Though I might support this just to give something for regional governments to do (As I think has become clear, it's these type of issues, like dogs and polygamy, that provoke the most activity).

More importantly, this section seems poorly worded:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

For one thing that would stop sports clubs from screening their employees, and it might even make it impossible to fire an incompetent employee, if their incompetence is related to drug use.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

I don't think any organization should be able to screen their employees for drug use. That's not any of your boss' business, so long as you aren't doing it during work hours.

At the very least in a sport like cycling or athletics or football or rugby it is.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »

Yeah, that's better Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: