Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:00:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern?  (Read 18426 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: January 11, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »

with the governors we elect in  MI,  MD, MA, OH will give us the electoral strength to break the GOP in the House, finally.
Um.. who?

Democrats arent winning OH

They probably cant win MA with Baker

Michigan is a stretch

Maryland's Democrat Party is not seriously contesting 2018.

I find your optimism brightening, though.

lol I agree with Ohio and Massachusetts but your dismissal of dem chances in Michigan and Maryland is hilarious.

It's a bit far out to make any reasonable predictions anyway. 4 years ago, I don't think any of us assumed that Corbett would be the only defeated GOP incumbent and Brownback was heavily at risk. If we have a GOP President, I don't see how we don't have at least a 50/50 shot in Michigan and Ohio. (Maryland and Massachusetts are more dependent on how Hogan and Baker's terms go.)
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:50:19 PM »

with the governors we elect in  MI,  MD, MA, OH will give us the electoral strength to break the GOP in the House, finally.
Um.. who?

Democrats arent winning OH

They probably cant win MA with Baker

Michigan is a stretch

Maryland's Democrat Party is not seriously contesting 2018.

I find your optimism brightening, though.

lol I agree with Ohio and Massachusetts but your dismissal of dem chances in Michigan and Maryland is hilarious.

It's a bit far out to make any reasonable predictions anyway. 4 years ago, I don't think any of us assumed that Corbett would be the only defeated GOP incumbent and Brownback was heavily at risk. If we have a GOP President, I don't see how we don't have at least a 50/50 shot in Michigan and Ohio. (Maryland and Massachusetts are more dependent on how Hogan and Baker's terms go.)

My point is that 2018 would be, generally, a very hard year for dems in Ohio and Massachusetts has a history of liking Republican moderates as Governor while Maryland has no indication of liking Republicans, incumbents especially, and Michigan is very strongly democratic statewide so saying that it's a "stretch" for them to win there is just downplaying their chances.

If it's a strong Dem year (a possibility if there's a GOP President), then they stand a good chance at winning those states. In 2006, Democrats knocked off the not-unpopular Elrich and would've beaten Romney if he ran.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies