The Other Frontrunner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Other Frontrunner
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who is the likely Democratic Frontrunner if Hillary doesn't run?
Biden

O'Malley

Cuomo

Warner

Dean

Manchin

Webb

Schweitzer

Sanders

Kaine

Nixon

Klobuchar

Hickenlooper

Other

Chris Christie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: The Other Frontrunner  (Read 2494 times)
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 02:46:41 PM »

Biden. And I'd support him if my guys nominated someone like Cruz, too. Joe Biden is great.

It'd be worth it for four more years of great "Onion" articles and giving the GOP time to find a proper candidate (or just finally nominate one that was already present). My ideal matchup would probably be Rand vs. Biden or Christie vs. Biden.

Also, if you're including Christie in this poll, it's quite clearly a trollpoll and should be ignored.

Exactly. It's a joke about how everyone calls him a RINO
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »

I would guess Biden would have the polling lead, and he's definitely the most battle-tested and could probably easily hire top tier staff. But if only one female Senator/Governor ran and put together a decent campaign, I think they'd probably be co-frontrunner.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:16 PM »

Biden/Gillibrand
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »

Biden might lead polls at first, and would have a strong chance at the nomination.

But I think the Democratic party wants to nominate someone younger, and they want the milestone of first female President. Kirsten Gilibrand fits that profile, and has conventional qualifications and a record of suitably liberal accomplishments.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »

Biden would be the initial frontrunner, but I can see him losing to O'Malley. 

I can't see a rock losing to O'Malley in a non-Maryland electorate. He's at 2% in Maryland.

Biden might lead polls at first, and would have a strong chance at the nomination.

But I think the Democratic party wants to nominate someone younger, and they want the milestone of first female President. Kirsten Gilibrand fits that profile, and has conventional qualifications and a record of suitably liberal accomplishments.

These ^^^

I'd add that Klobuchar running as well as Gillibrand is then an issue. Who would become the "replacement" Hillary?
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 05:21:56 PM »

I think it'd be Biden. I'd probaly rank a Hillary-less field something like this in terms of strength but not likelihood of winning the nomination:

1. Biden
2. Cuomo
3. Warren
4. O'Malley
5. Warner
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »

Biden would be the initial frontrunner, but I can see him losing to O'Malley. 

I can't see a rock losing to O'Malley in a non-Maryland electorate. He's at 2% in Maryland.

These ^^^

I'd add that Klobuchar running as well as Gillibrand is then an issue. Who would become the "replacement" Hillary?
Gillibrand would be stronger. Klobuchar is too friendly with the NSA surveillance state, and her mannerisms would remind people of Palin.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »

Klobuchar is too friendly with the NSA surveillance state, and her mannerisms would remind people of Palin.

Huh
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies