Opinion of Ray Goldfield
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Ray Goldfield
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Ray Goldfield
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Opinion of Ray Goldfield  (Read 1918 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »

How am I wrong? Have you read his posts? He reads like a bad, bad stereotype.

I don't really care what he's posted, honestly. Implying that a persecuted minority "brings it upon themselves" is disgusting.

American Jews are not a persecuted minority.

Who said they were? You made no distinction between nationalities in your original post.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:20 AM »

No, I think blaming those who face bigotry for the bigotry is nasty. It's a classic aspect of antisemitism so I would watch it if I were you.

Kind of hard to be antisemitic when I'm Jewish myself. And he doesn't face any bigotry.

No, it is not at all hard to be antisemitic and Jewish at the same time. And anyway I can't know who you are so it's a lame argument to use on the internet. Secondly, for precisely the same reasons you have no idea what bigotry he does or does not face.

Antonio made the point pretty concisely.

Hmm, actually I'd say it's quite hard, if not impossible to be Jewish and a genuine anti semite. Unless you have adopted the view that any criticism of Israel or their supporters is antisemitic.

Also, I don't think you realize just how easy it is to be Jewish in this country.

You need to read up more. Why don't you start at Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-hating_Jew

I don't think you realize how insanely privileged it is to assume that everyone else encounters the same issues as you do. It's possible that this poster does not suffer a bit due to his Jewishness. But it's also possible that he does. It's possible that he suffers not from things he experiences directly but through what happens to his family or friends. But it really isn't up to you to decide for him on the basis that you claim to be Jewish.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »

No, I think blaming those who face bigotry for the bigotry is nasty. It's a classic aspect of antisemitism so I would watch it if I were you.

Kind of hard to be antisemitic when I'm Jewish myself. And he doesn't face any bigotry.

No, it is not at all hard to be antisemitic and Jewish at the same time. And anyway I can't know who you are so it's a lame argument to use on the internet. Secondly, for precisely the same reasons you have no idea what bigotry he does or does not face.

Hmm, actually I'd say it's quite hard, if not impossible to be Jewish and a genuine anti semite. Unless you have adopted the view that any criticism of Israel or their supporters is antisemitic.

Also, I don't think you realize just how easy it is to be Jewish in this country.

I don't think you realize how insanely privileged it is to assume that everyone else encounters the same issues as you do. It's possible that this poster does not suffer a bit due to his Jewishness. But it's also possible that he does. It's possible that he suffers not from things he experiences directly but through what happens to his family or friends. But it really isn't up to you to decide for him on the basis that you claim to be Jewish.

Typical. Because I call out my own people on their hypocrisy and overuse of the victim card, I must be a "self-hater". Give me a break.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 09:45:41 AM »

Then he's a FF
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »

Typical. Because I call out my own people on their hypocrisy and overuse of the victim card, I must be a "self-hater". Give me a break.

You having reading comprehension issues? You weren't accused of being a "self-hater". The point is simply that you shouldn't universally judge others based on your own experiences.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »

You having reading comprehension issues? You weren't accused of being a "self-hater". The point is simply that you shouldn't universally judge others based on your own experiences.

I clearly was accused of being a self hater. I have also had my background brought into question all because I made a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment about someone who fits many modern Jewish stereotypes.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »

Ugh
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »

You could easily be lying about your religion, a self-hating Jew, or one of those awful people who goes around claiming to be Jewish when they're really just a Christian trying to convert actual Jews.  Regardless of which of those three you are, the more pressing question is why I haven't put you on ignore yet.  Fortunately, I can easily fix that right now.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 10:05:28 AM »

You could easily be lying about your religion, a self-hating Jew, or one of those awful people who goes around claiming to be Jewish when they're really just a Christian trying to convert actual Jews.  Regardless of which of those three you are, the more pressing question is why I haven't put you on ignore yet.  Fortunately, I can easily fix that right now.

I'm none of those three, but have at it.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »

I never heard of him or read any of his posts yet.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 01:09:17 PM »

I clearly was accused of being a self hater. I have also had my background brought into question all because I made a somewhat tongue-in-cheek comment about someone who fits many modern Jewish stereotypes.

Huh. You're not being accused of that. I'm just refuting your proposition that it is impossible to voice anti-semitic opinions while being Jewish.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies