NYC approves apartment building with separate entrance for poor people (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:47:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYC approves apartment building with separate entrance for poor people (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC approves apartment building with separate entrance for poor people  (Read 5557 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: July 21, 2014, 02:03:42 PM »

"No one ever said that the goal was full integration of these populations," said David Von Spreckelsen, senior vice president at Toll Brothers. "So now you have politicians talking about that, saying how horrible those back doors are. I think it's unfair to expect very high-income homeowners who paid a fortune to live in their building to have to be in the same boat as low-income renters, who are very fortunate to live in a new building in a great neighborhood."

http://gawker.com/nyc-approves-apartment-building-with-separate-entrance-1608352680

But you know, Same Love and all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »

I personally don’t want the gate to be built, but why should my street not be allowed to have one? It’s not just “for everyone.” People who live on the other side of town shouldn’t be allowed to simply walk down the street and stare at the houses.

...why?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:52:21 PM »

I wish I had air conditioning. Just saying.

However, I think many Americans have just become accustomed to a giant home.  You don't need 800 sq ft of space per person.

800 sq ft = giant home?!

800 per person. For a family of four that means 3200.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:39:52 PM »

Really? My home is 2300 square feet and that feels enormous considering only four people live in it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies