Have you ever donated money to a politician, political campaign, or PAC? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:17:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever donated money to a politician, political campaign, or PAC? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever donated money to a politician, political campaign, or PAC?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Have you ever donated money to a politician, political campaign, or PAC?  (Read 3145 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: July 23, 2014, 05:04:02 PM »

Well?

I never have despite the amount of time I've spent thinking about politics. Anytime I consider it, I tend to jump to the conclusion that my donation money would be better spent giving to the Church or to charities than politicians, but maybe someday I'll be persuaded otherwise or give despite that. I also suspect that whoever I'd give the money to would only be using my support by giving lip service to issues I actually care about and not actually do a thing to make the world better in any tangible way.

How about you guys?

I still have a membership in the Conservative Party (5yr membership bought 3 years ago), but feel the same way as TJ.

Being involved in politics lets you see the lip service he alluded to up close and personal. I don't really see the point in being involved in mainstream politics anymore as I get older. The combination of immoral politicos, my views being pushed aside in favour of free market ideology, and the demands of family make it quite unpalatable.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:37 PM »

Even if they don't, I still mail in my contribution. The Postal Service can use the extra first-class mail volume, and I don't mind paying the extra $0.49 for the privilege of feeling like a cleverdick for a little while.

Better solution: Address the $0.02 to yourself and put the candidate's headquarters as the return address. Free mail.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies