How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:47:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Americans Feel About Religious Groups: The Jews Rated the Highest  (Read 1289 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 25, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »

Yet when looking at the rate of religiously-motivated hate crimes in this country, Jewish victims make up about 62% overall. I suppose what we can take away from this is that the number of people who hate Jews has shrunk drastically, but those who still hate Jews REALLY hate Jews, enough to actually do something about their hate.

I also wonder how many anti-Muslim bias crimes were labeled under race rather than religion.

Surely this is because Jews are the most common non-Christian religions in America, rather than Muslims or Sikhs who have little market penetration? I wonder what the stats are by percentage - what X % of Jews/Muslims etc. were targeted in hate crimes.

On this I can only add the Southern Poverty Law Center has reported the number of hate crimes against Sikhs skyrocketed after 9/11; unsurprisingly, most could be traced back to the attackers' ignorant assumption the "towelheads" were Muslims. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies