What is your dream job? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your dream job? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your dream job?  (Read 3691 times)
Rooney
United States

« on: July 24, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »

Radio talk show host
Rooney
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:10 PM »

Though realistically, I would most like to be a U.S. history or government teacher considering it's always been one of my favorite subjects, I've done exceedingly well in all those classes, and I have a nice enough, but strict personality IRL to be able to do it. I'm also pretty adamant about journalism, to, only it's increasingly difficult to get a high-up, dream job involving that.
Becoming a history teacher is no small task, especially in Ohio. If you intend to become a social sciences teacher make sure you play football in either high school or college. Schools need football coaches more than competent history teachers. Either coach football or get another degree in special education (as I did). There is a huge glut of social studies teachers but always a need for special education teachers. I do not say this to discourage you, for the world always needs good history teachers, but to tell you what to expect when you try to get a teaching job. I've been in teaching for a decade now and I know a little about the job market.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies