Opinion of Switzerland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Switzerland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FC

HC

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Opinion of Switzerland  (Read 3539 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: July 24, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »

If we ignore the parasitic part of their economy, which have begun to make up a smaller part of their economy, I personal think Switzerland are a interesting experiment in creating government structure which are radical different from the rest of the world.
Yes the Swiss do come across as somewhat xenophobic, but sometimes the price of having a well functioning state is limiting immigration, while some people have a ideological problem with this, well that's not the Swiss' problem.

So all in all slightly more to the FC side than the HC side, simply because they show a different more decentral way to build a state, in a world where central government rules.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:59 AM »

Can't you people admire countries which are... a little more exciting and a little less bourgeois?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Should I be excited over Liberia, because they're so anti-bourgeois that there ran an warlord around with the name general Butt Naked?

Should I be excited over Venezuela because they run out of toilet paper?

Should I get excited over Greece, because... well because Greece are Greece and they can be called many thing but bourgeois are not one of them.

I like countries with low poverty, low corruption and trains and buses which run around the time you expect them. That may be "bourgeois".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies