The Pac. Homelessness combattement act. (Final Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:07:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Pac. Homelessness combattement act. (Final Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Pac. Homelessness combattement act. (Final Vote)  (Read 1646 times)
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:40:02 AM »
« edited: July 25, 2014, 11:50:36 PM by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »

1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis.  The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable.  The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.
[/quote]
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:26 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2014, 09:46:26 PM by Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin »

The Pac. Regional Homelessness Combattement act.
The Pacific Regional Government hereby calls itsself responsible for combatting and eliminating homelessness in the Pacific Region.
1. The Pacific Regional Government hereby assigns $1'000'000'000 (One Billion Dollars) granted by the Federal Government of the Republic of Atlasia in the Public Means Public Act (2014) to build housing units for homeless people in the Pacific Region.
2. Every homeless individual or family in the Pacific Region is to be given the option to move into a housing unit which must include a living room, a bedroom with beds, a bathroom, a refrigerator, and Wifi.
3. Each individual or family will be assigned a caseworker to meet with on a weekly basis.  The caseworker, who shall be employed by the Pacific Regional Government, will be responsible for helping each applicant find employment.
3. Each individual or family will be allowed to stay in their respective departments until the government determines that they are self-sustainable.  The caseworker may assist the applicants in finding a new home located anywhere in the Pacific Region.
4. The Pacific Regional Government will be responsible for compiling client-level data into the database, including the results of annual counts of the homeless derived from shelter and street surveys taken each January.

[/quote]
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »

We'll be getting the billion to fund this from the Federal Government.
I think that bill speaks for itsself - we will be building housing units for homeless, in turn hopefully combatting homlessness. Any opinions, critiques, stuff?
Plus Devin, you have not posted the whole bill - you missed the title, and the first sentence. I had, over clause 1, something like "The Pac Gov calls itsself responsible for combatting homlessness in the region" - that's an important part of the bill, at least to me.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:08:34 AM »

Very glad to see you guys putting forward a proposal for the money! Thanks for putting in the work on this. Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:36 AM »

After all, we're the ones that want the money Wink
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »

We'll be getting the billion to fund this from the Federal Government.
I think that bill speaks for itsself - we will be building housing units for homeless, in turn hopefully combatting homlessness. Any opinions, critiques, stuff?
Plus Devin, you have not posted the whole bill - you missed the title, and the first sentence. I had, over clause 1, something like "The Pac Gov calls itsself responsible for combatting homlessness in the region" - that's an important part of the bill, at least to me.
Ill fix it later today.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »

Its done. Also pardon my French, but why in the sam hell would they need wifi? If you're homeless that is probably down with buying a Ferrari on your important things list. Plenty of people get along fine without it.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:58 AM »

You know that it becomes increasingly difficult today to find a job, find a new apartment, do anything without the internet. How expensive is this, too? Not really.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »

You know that it becomes increasingly difficult today to find a job, find a new apartment, do anything without the internet. How expensive is this, too? Not really.
Don't most city Libraries offer free wifi?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »

I guess so, but I guess they also save your history. Plus, we're also talking of rural ares here, where they don't have this option...
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »

The Wi Fi needs to stay in the bill. Internet more now than ever becoming a necessity in our region's lifestyle.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »

Like some others here, I feel like WiFi should stay in the bill. The Internet is quite beneficial to searching for employment opportunities, which would surely combat homelessness.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »

Alright then it stays. Councillors a final vote is now open.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 06:36:33 PM »

Aye.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »

Aye.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 03:13:25 AM »

Sorry for being the one to nitpick, but I guess you can close that vote, so I can sign the bill into law and we'll be getting the money from the Federal Government.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »

The vote is now closed, and the bill has passed.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 02:37:17 PM »

Thank you Devin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies