The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56449 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: October 20, 2015, 02:19:30 PM »

The MARSian (in 3D).

Very nicely-done movie, which looks like a mix of "Gravity", "Cast Away" and "Dances with Wolves".

Including hot chick with glasses in the control room !
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:15:03 AM »

Er ist wieder da (Look Who's Back)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Damn, that movie was awesome. I laughed my ass off.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »

Er ist wieder da (Look Who's Back)

Damn, that movie was awesome. I laughed my ass off.

This is SO Tender.

I really recommend this movie to you guys (even though a lot of the fun is probably lost with English subtitles or dubbing).

I almost pissed into my pants during the scene when Hitler went on a road trip with the TV reporter to buy himself a new dog: While Hitler inspects various dogs, the TV reporter talks with the dog owner in the back to convince him that Hitler is a reliable friend of dogs. Suddenly, a small puppy starts to attack Hitler and bites him in his leg. After which Hitler gets angry, kicks the puppy away, pulls out his pistol and kills the puppy with a headshot.

The dog owner of course does not sell him one of his dogs and TV reporter and Hitler drive on.

While driving off, the TV-guy turns on the radio. A rapper uses words like "n". Hitler is amused at the "funny music" and wants to know why he's rapping about "ns". The TV guy explains to him that "n" is nowadays a friendly term in music and means "buddy" or "friend". To which Hitler replies: "What a bullsh*t, every dumbass knows that n is another word for Neger."

Silence.

5 seconds later, Hitler pulls out the corpse of the dead puppy crying "n !!!" to scare the driving TV reporter  - who almost crashes the car ... Tongue
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »

The following movie sounds worth watching:

10 Cloverfield Lane

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 01:54:25 AM »

Independence Day 2 (it was just released here a few days ago, contrary to the US)

It wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be, reading all the reviews in the last weeks about how it bombed in the US. The cinema was relatively packed here ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »

I saw roughly 70% of Passengers the other night (will probably finish it the next few days).

I already liked the movie when Chris Pratt walked through the spaceship and entered a room, introduced by the computer voice as "Welcome to our Vienna suite."

Also, I think it is perfectly normal what Pratt's character did with the woman after more than a year on the ship ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 03:33:44 AM »

I finally were able to see "Willkommen bei den Hartmanns" (Welcome to the Hartmanns), a German drama-comedy about a Nigerian refugee who's family got killed by Boko Haram and who gets "adopted" by a wealthy but increasingly disfunctional, but still very likeable, German family in Munich.

It started at the end of 2016 and was the most watched movie last year. I also found it to be one of the better movies I saw recently.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/video/2016/nov/02/german-refugee-comedy-trailer-for-new-film-willkommen-bei-den-hartmanns-video

"Mr. Hartmann, your 12-year old son has brought 5 prostitutes to our school gym."

"But headmaster ... he only wanted to make a hip-hop video."
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 12:12:56 AM »

Not a movie, but I started watching the new re-animated mystery/sci-fi/horror Twin Peaks series from the early 1990s ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies