The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56718 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: December 26, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »

I saw a movie called The Book Thief last night on HBO.  I'd recommend it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »

The Mean Girls girls always did it for me as well.

I watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night on HBO.  Quirky.  It was a fantasy, or at least so fictitious that I had to suspend disbelief, but it was dryly humorous and captivating.  I'd watch it again.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »

I watched "Life of Pi" last night.  It was the first time I'd watched it in toto, although I have caught parts of it from time to time.  Intriguing.  I googled a few analyses and critiques afterward and I thought that they were all *way* overdone.  Or overthought.  Anyway, I think it was all happy ever after.  Try not to read too much into it.  It's a good story from the mind of a good storyteller.  I do like the nod toward plural religious affiliation, especially in such a user-friendly way.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »

I saw Gattaca last night.  Not bad.  I normally like science fiction, especially post-apocalyptic dystopia as in In Time, Mad Max, The Road, Logan's Run, Waterworld, and Wall-E.  Gattaca was sort of futuristic, but it was a bit too clean and much too overtly political.  Also, the early-60s suits, hairstyles, carstyles, and architecture were a bit of over-the-top kitsch.  Still, it was a decent watch.  It's from the late 90s.  I wonder why I'd never seen it before. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »

Tora! Tora! Tora! last night.  There were many Pearl Harbor movies on yesterday, and I watched quite a few of them, but that one was the last one and although I had seen it before, I really enjoyed the attention to detail, even though it probably takes some liberties regarding known historical facts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies