The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:15:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56609 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: January 24, 2015, 11:56:06 PM »

I'm just finished Her.

What in the world did I just watch?
That was something else. I've now watched all but Gravity from last year's BP nominees, and I think that may have been the worst, and I had no interest in even seeing Gravity. Now I may have to just to see if there is a bottom.

Nebraska > Dallas Buyers Club > Philomena > American Hustle > 12 Years A Slave > Captain Phillips > Wolf of Wall Street > Her.

I loved the first 3 and thoroughly enjoyed the next 3.

Now I'm really surprised Saving Mr. Banks didn't get nominated despite the Disney connections.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 11:48:52 AM »

Aw man, you didn't like Her? I feel like we've been pretty much on the same page as far as movie opinions since you've been posting here, so that's surprising. I found it really delightful and surprising. I especially loved the production design and costume design and was really bummed that it didn't win anything for that.

I agree though that Saving Mr. Banks was weirdly snubbed. 

My brother watched it last night as well oddly enough and told me he loved it. We rarely agree on movies though, but given you, him and the critical acclaim, I may have to give that another try eventually. I think it was just too obscure. I was expecting something way deeper if they were going to force a concept like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies