The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:43:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56691 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 09, 2015, 10:37:51 PM »

Finally got around to watching Ladyhawke after been wanting to watch it for tons of years.

Overall it was pretty well done. Richard Donner in his prime and one of the better fantasy films of the 80's. Prob the only film I have seen Rutger Hauer do a decent job in. It's amazing how young Matthew Broderick and Michelle Pffeifer was in it.

Wish it could have had a little more action but the story and acting was perfect.

And I loved the score. Most people loathe it but I admire it. Alan Parson project on steriods with some 80's coke thrown in Wink
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »

Watched Manhunter (1986,) recently and loved it.

It's Hannibal + Miami Vice.  It's young Michael Mann + young William Peterson, it's a lot of things mixed together to make an epic 80's flick. Such a shame it bombed in 1986 but in hindsight it was one of the more underrated films of that year.

TBH I prefer it more than Silence because it's nowhere as brutal or violent. Yes the violence is harsh and it's dark but it's much more a police/profiler film. It oddly enough inspired CSI to be possible so Peterson inspired his future job.

It also has one of the best 80's soundtracks too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsWq1MtI3vI
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies