The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:20:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56626 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: February 26, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

I'm going to see "Kingsman" this weekend, but the last movie I saw was "The Imitation Game". I had expected it to be good, but somewhat bland movie from what I had heard about it, and the critic that it ignored his chemical castration, and that it would be a somewhat feel good film about a man beating his asbergers to save the world for Nazism (let's be honest I had low expectations).

spoiler

Instead it was a movie who showed a man serving his country, making choice for it which would haunt him the rest of his short life, only to be thrown for the wolves when his country no more needed him.

Of course the point was somewhat subtle, in that it wasn't yelled from the town squire with a megaphone.   
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:01:20 AM »

i just saw Selma. It was a quite good movie, but honestly the whole "it clearly deserve an Oscar" was a whole bunch of bullsh**t. The Imitation Game, Birdman and The Theory of Everything was all better and including the actors in these movies.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies