Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:13:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)  (Read 8777 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2014, 11:26:46 PM »

As stated in my thread:

Endorsed for Governor

I have full faith and confidence in Archduke Fitzgerald taking over and will be endorsing him for Governor.

So I ended up finding some posts of yours of you commending and endorsing me. Does that mean 3 months later you still hold that same view? I don't think so, and the same applies to me. I don't view you in the same high regard like I did a few months ago, just like you don't hold me in high regard anymore, either.

So let's stop pretending here. In politics, stuff can change with the snap of a finger. So yes, some of my political views and party favoritism may have changed over the past few months, but please do not hold that against me.

This region has been thriving very well under my leadership, and it's a shame you want to see an end to that. You care more about your own self-interests than you do about our region.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

You are indeed correct Governor, your inactivity during the most crucial time in our regions history made me lose faith in you. Your disregard for any dissent and smugness thinking that since the region is overwhelmingly Laborite, you are safe, says a man with a 14% regional approval rating. So yes, you are correct, my view has changed.
I have done nothing but work to bring the Midwest together and to bring Atlasia together, I haven't changed, but you sure have.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »

My fellow Midwesterners,
As you know the Althing elections are coming to a close. I encourage those who have not voted to do so. Also, the recall election is coming up shortly. The Midwest has a choice, lies, fear, and the stagnant no idea status quo or an idea oriented, unifying, change. I do hope that you will vote "Yes" for the recall and myself for the Governorship.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

I would like to thank all of those in the Midwest who showed there confidence in me by electing me to another term in the Althing. I will continue my hard for the people of the Midwest. I will continue to push for legislation that supports Midwesterners live in a secure, green, and united Midwest.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2014, 12:01:49 AM »

My fellow Midwesterners,
I am relieved that the recall process is over. I apologize for not being more active during the recall due to medical issues which are still being worked out. Although the Yes campaign received more votes for a recall, we did not make the threshold. I respect the turnout and will not pursue any further action against the Governor, although I do believe that he needs take the results seriously. I will also not seek to run in the next gubernatorial election. At this point in time I will continue to pursue my agenda from the Althing. While dealing with my personal business.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »

I would like to thank the Althing for it's warm endorsement of two of my pieces of legislation recently, and hope they will pass with ease. I will also be looking to introduce more legislation in the next few days. This legislation I largely aim at helping tackling the high unemployment in the region.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »

I would first like to congratulate all those who were elected to the At-Large Senate Seats in the Election. With the Election of Archduke Cris to the Senate, Representative Vega will take over the role in the interim. A special election will be called soon. I would like to announce that I will not be running for the Archduke position in the Special Election. This is for a large array of reasons.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2014, 08:03:18 AM »

Statement on Vega

I was saddened this morning to here of the resignation of Vega from the Althing. He was a great legislator and someone I considered to be a friend. However, his actions were inexcusable and I and I am glad he took responsibility for his actions.

I have also decided to stay in the Althing and continue my stated position of not running for Archduke. I do believe that the staying in the position I love is the best thing for me to do at this time. I do encourage Midwesterners to get engaged and run for the position.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2015, 09:24:35 PM »

My Fellow Midwesterners,
Today we saw Archduke make the arduous trip to Nyman to fill his seat as a Senator. The Midwest will miss him. Currently the Midwest has no Archduke, and is short one representative. The Althing is currently voting for a PPT, which will assume the role of Archduke til the Election, I urge Representative Gass to vote and for the Governor to conclude the vote shortly, so we may have someone running the Althing. I have spoken with the Governor about finding a replacement for Representative Vega, he assured me that he has contacted Midwesterners and is waiting for a reply. I look forward to the Althing being a productive chamber working on tackling the important issues of the day.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2015, 08:59:19 PM »

After returning to the Althing, Gass has decided to cast his vote for Archduke for himself. Which is absolutely fine. This however, leaves us with a tie and no Archduke to break it. So I will change my vote to vote for Gass to be Archduke and remain in the Althing.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2015, 08:42:14 PM »

I am proud to kick off my re-election bid to the Althing. With the elections fast approaching, we find the Midwest in a bit of a crisis. We have numerous vacancies in the Althing, with the number now down to just one member with the election of Gass to the position of Archduke. I will continue on as a member of the Althing, proposing more legislation to help the less fortunate and stimulating job growth in the Midwest. I ask you to give me your trust for another term. I also encourage my fellow Midwesterners to also consider running for the Althing and for the Archduke. Competitive elections are what's best for the Midwest.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

Statement about recent events
I have been asked to run for Governor once again by citizens of the Midwest and Atlasians at-large. This comes as our Governor who vowed to change his ways has decided that doing nothing is his new course. Despite this, I will keep my word and not re-contest for the position. I do however, encourage my fellow Midwesterners to consider a bid for the Governorship, for the Archduke, and for the Althing.

Also, due to the fact that the vote was never finalized on the election of the President Pro-Tempore of the Althing, I have reached out to legal sources to see whether Representative Gass has legally stepped into the position or not, and if so, whether he may continue to vote as a member of the Althing, as the PPT would take over as Archduke.

This series of odd and strange events has led us to this predicament that we now face. However, I vow to keep an active voice in the Althing, helping to keep the chamber a float. I hope I can count on your vote in the upcoming election.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »

I did it in November last year, I'll do it again:

1. He said that he's not running.
2. I'm sad to not see a governor GAworth, and I hope you will consider to run in the future.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »

I am glad to see the Governor back and helping fill the vacancies we currently face. Now that the PPT election is closed, I encourage Representative Gass to swear in as Archduke. Also, I believe that with Gass being made interim Archduke, that he would not be allowed to vote in the Althing, thus creating a second vacant seat. However, the region does not have a CJO to clarify this issue for us. Another thing that if re-elected I will work to fix.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »

2. I'm sad to not see a governor GAworth, and I hope you will consider to run in the future.

Oh... I didn't see that in my original read through... Sad
GAworth
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »

Oh... I didn't see that in my original read through... Sad
Sorry to disappoint.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2015, 01:37:40 PM »

The Althing Election is coming upon us soon. The Althing is currently debating the Sanity in Recall Amendment and the Skills and Retraining Bill I introduced. In recent days I have introduced several pieces of legislation that will most likely come up in the next Althing. I would like to elaborate on them today.
1. The Cottage Industry Assistance Act - This bill will help our smallest businesses get set up and be able to help even more Midwesterners to work.
2. Sales Tax Exemption for Energy reducing Measures Bill - This bill would help Midwesterners reduce their energy demand and move away from the dependence on Fossil Fuels.
3. Please Govern Amendment - This would give the same standards to the Governor as the Members of the Althing have in our Constitution. Fairness and helping ensure a active Governor.
4. Midwest Health of Sex Workers Act - This bill would mandate monthly testing for STDs of Sex Workers in the Midwest. This insures that those engaging in the Sex Work Industry, both buyers and sellers are healthy and safe.
5. Heating Fuel Tax Reduction Bill - I am surprised not to see a similar bill already on the books. This bill would make it cheaper for Midwesterners to purchase Heating Fuel. This tax unfairly hurts the poor of the Midwest and making it cheaper will help reduce the strain and problems that come from be able to only purchase a limited amount of heating fuel.

I believe that these are sensible, fair minded, progressive pieces of legislation and encourage everyone to go to the Universal Althing Thread to read them in full. I hope that you agree with me and will give me another term to introduce more legislation for the Althing and to make sure these bills are allowed an advocate.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2015, 04:53:35 PM »

I wish to respond to various things today before the election gets underway.
Native Atlasian Protests - I understand and am indeed proud to see citizens protesting for better access to education and better employment opportunities. As a legislator, I have introduced several pieces of legislation that have/will aid in the stimulation of job growth on Reservations and improved living standards on reservations. I am currently working on specific legislation targeted at Reservations to drop for the new session.

Budget - The Midwest is coming up to when we need to work on a budget (in fact, that may have already passed). I have communicated with the Governor on this issue. However, I heard no feedback yet at this time. I will start work on introducing a new budget to the Althing in the next few days.

I hope that the people of the Midwest will come out to the polls and vote for those who work hard for the Midwest, to Make the Midwest Better.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »

Further on the Native Atlasian Protests. I plan on sitting down with tribal leaders to see how the funds from the Native Atlasian Revitalization Bill (https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=183757.msg3974130#msg3974130), I sponsored and saw passed, are being used by their Governments.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »

I'm so happy to see that you read my piece on Native Atlasians. Wish you the best of luck on the issue. Smiley
GAworth
United States

« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2015, 10:17:14 PM »

I'm so happy to see that you read my piece on Native Atlasians. Wish you the best of luck on the issue. Smiley
Absolutely I try to always keep up to date with what is coming out the GM's (and now Deputy GM's, congrats on that) Office.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2015, 10:28:39 PM »

Well I am pretty speechless today to find that no one is running for the Archduke election starting tomorrow. I encourage those on the fence of maybe giving a go for the seat or a stab at the Althing.

What I really came here for was the redrafts by the Governor.
I support his redraft of the Sovereignty Resolution.
I will not, however, support the redraft of the Minimum Wage Bill, as stated in the Althing, quarterly adjustments are not the way to handle the changes to wages in the Midwest, providing to much uncertainty will only hinder job growth.
I am saddened, but not necessarily against the Governor's redraft of the MECF. I am however, waiting with bated breath for the Governors budget that he is saying this would impact. As the sponsor of the Bill that created a surplus of over $40 Billion, I am interested to see how this next budget is presented. I am more than willing to work with the Governor on the Budget if he so wishes.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »

My fellow Midwesterners,
The polls are open, I would humbly ask for your vote in the election. I am a legislator who works with all sides of the Aisle, who has worked hard for the Midwest, to make it a better, stronger place, and one who has committed to work in the Althing. Thank you for listening and let's do it again.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »

Endorsed.

And if someone writes you in for Archduke, would you accept?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »

Endorsed.

And if someone writes you in for Archduke, would you accept?
I have not decided. My preference would be to stay in the Althing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies