Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:43:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Private Office and Legislative Office of Fmr. SoIA GAworth (TTFN)  (Read 8757 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »

Thank you, every vote counts.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:03 PM »

Excerpt from GAworth's rally in Ames, Iowa
"Good people of Mirth, my fellow Atlasians, thank you for attending! Ames is historically a politically important town, so today I wish to speak about Politics, not policies per say, but the State of our politics in general. Partisan fighting, feuding, and even intra-party squabbles are happening to frequently for the machine of politics to function. We see factionalism in our politics, this must end. I grew up in a Conservative household but later became a man of center left, I can see both sides of the issue, and respect it, genuinely respect the opposing opinion even if I completely disagree with it. We need Senators whom are willing, like  I did in the Althing, work with Federalists and Laborites alike to pass meaning, purposeful, sensible legislation. Now I know that many will bump me down the preference list because their Party is running more than one candidate, I ask them to lay aside the tribalism and vote for those whom you would honestly like to see in the Senate, not just the one with your Parties name next to it. I humbly ask for everyone's support, we have serious issues we need to face. So instead of tackling each in a game of political football, let's tackle the issues facing Atlasia. Let's make Atlasia strong!"
GAworth
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »

GAworth answered questions after the rally
Q: What do you think about the current revelations around the VP?
A: "Well I believe that the cabal around the VP is an example of a larger problem. People who try to take an active role in their elected positions suddenly get criticized for doing their job.
Q: So you support the VP taking over 13 slots?
A: "I do feel that 13 is a bit excessive, I feel that the VP should run a good number of them, say 8 maybe 10, however, power of bringing legislation should not be completely in the hands of one person, I also support Majority and Minority Leaders being established and having rights to manage slots, but that is a discussion for later."
Q: You stated the VP should not stand down, you still believe that?
A: "Absolutely."
GAworth
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

Statement on the Air strikes in Iraq
As previously stated in the debate, I have supported the use of air strikes in Iraq. I fully support the SoEA and President using force on the ISIS rebels. I do hope that the Senate is advised and provides any funds for the attacks. I do hope that the Senators were consulted, via PM or other means, before the strikes occurred. If elected I will support the strikes and peace in the Middle East.

Statement of the closing of the Political Tracker
I feel that the closure of the Tracker marks a sad day in Atlasia, when free press is put under fire because the coverage they give is not favorable to one side or individual. As for the bias argument, it is impossible to remove personal bias from whatever you write, I know I struggled with that during my time as Editor in Chief of the Record-Courier. It was a harmless poll, we all know Lumine meant no harm by it.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2014, 11:01:55 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since the Senate debate thread has been closed, I will answer this here. If we are talking bias in questions being asked, I think we can look no further. That aside, I believe that the rules proposed can be moderated to include both the VP and Speaker having power. The Senate has operated historically with the VP not running the day to day affairs of the Senate. The efforts of the VP to fulfill his job to the letter and remain active, which is appreciated, has created some push back. This is a great example, so clearly a meeting in the middle is required. If elected I will make sure that the Legislative Branch feels able to conduct its own affairs while not shutting out the Executive at every turn.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 08:09:40 PM »

Statement on Country of origin labeling
My fellow Atlasians, earlier today I visited Detroit, Michigan. I met many hardworking people just trying to earn enough to put food on the table. Detroit use to be  the example of Atlasian manufacturing, now we see many products coming to Atlasia, instead of made in Atlasia, including products made by Atlasian owned companies overseas. This is why I will propose a bill that will mandate country of origin labeling on all products sold in Atlasia, including products created by Atlasian owned companies, this will help buyers make a more informed decision on where their hard earned dollar goes and whether it rewards overseas outsourcing or rewards Atlasian companies making products in Atlasia. This is just one of the solutions I will bring to the Senate to help make Atlasia strong.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »

There are thousands of people without water in Detroit. How would you fix the problem so these people can drink water?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »

There are thousands of people without water in Detroit. How would you fix the problem so these people can drink water?

Well the problem is not truly infrastructural, it is an issue of payment. I would temporarily provide funds to the city, to avoid the water shut-offs, however, this will take a general re-vitalization of the cities economy to never return. This sadly is a symptom of a city that is collapsing and who's people have no means of meaningful employment. It will take a jobs plan, small business loans and grants, adult education, and general debt relief to the city to help get Detroit back up on her feet.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 03:01:50 PM »

GAworth continues bus tour
The Make Atlasia Strong Campaign Continues with a 3 day 27 Stop, 7 State, 2 Region Tour
Monday 8/11
7am-8am - Eggs and Issues - Levittown, New York
8:30am-9:30am - Politics and Pancakes - Jamaica, Queens, New York
10am - 11am - Meet and Greet - Bed-Sty, Brooklyn, New York
11:30am - 12:30pm - Meet and Greet - Astoria, Queens, New York
1pm - 2pm - Lunch and Leadership - Chinatown, Manhattan, New York
2:30pm - 3:30pm - Meet and Greet- Harlem, Manhattan, New York
4:00pm - 5:00pm - Tremont, Bronx, New York
6:00pm -7:00pm - Dinner and Debates - East Orange, New Jersey
8:30pm - 9:30pm - Meet and Greet - Trenton, New Jersey
Tuesday 8/12
7:00am-8:00am - Politics and Pancakes - Allentown, Pennsylvania
9:30am - 10:30am - Meet and Greet - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11:30am - 12:30pm - Lunch Meet and Greet - Wilmington, Delaware
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Meet and Greet - Dover, Delaware
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Chester, Maryland
5:30pm -6:30pm - Dinner and Debate - Baltimore, Maryland
7:00pm - 8:00pm - Meet and Greet - Columbia, Maryland
8:30pm - 9:30pm - Meet and Greet - Silver Springs, Maryland
9:45pm - 11:30pm - Fundraiser - Bethesda, Maryland
Wednesday 8/13
8am-9am - Politics and Pancakes - Arlington, Virginia
9:30am - 10:30am - Meet and Greet - Howard University, Nyman
10:30am - 11:00am - Meet and Greet - George Washington University, Nyman
11:30am - 12:30pm - Pork and Politics - Alexandria, Virginia
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Meet and Greet - Manassas, Virginia
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Meet and Greet - Fredricksburg, Virginia
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Meet and Greet - Richmond, Virginia
7:30pm - 8:30pm - Dinner and Debates - Newport News, Virginia
9:00pm - 10:00pm - Meet and Greet - Portsmouth, Virginia
GAworth
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »

Statement on Bicameralism
My Fellow Atlasians,
As you know I have come out as a supporter of a bicameral legislature since my return. I believe that the creation of a second chamber would make the government more complex, more interesting, and more like other models around the world. I do not necessarily agree with the fact that this requires a reduction of regions, I believe that this can be achieved with all 5 regions. A three region Atlasia, would need to disregard completely the current regions when being created, or else we see certain regions (Midwest, Pacific, Mideast) feeling like they are getting yanked around.
As for the composition of the lower chamber, the number can be debated, I believe that the real discussion is on method of election. I prefer STV districts, and have major reservations with party lists, that could only work in an MMP chamber in my opinion. I have stated previously how I believe we could prevent the issue of state to state jumping with regard to districts. I also think that seats should respect regional boundaries but should be based on population and not same for each region, like the American House. If we do not move to districts, then the current method for election is fine by me.
I brought up a point about the semi-presidentialism amendment during the debate in the Senate, I believe that actually the House should not be subject to the semi-presidentialism amendment, to help diversify the distinction between the two chambers. I also feel that the creation of Minority and Majority Leader Positions in both chambers are helpful. I feel that the Speaker of the House and Vice President should run the respective chamber with assistance (if necessary) from a Speaker Pro-Tempore or President Pro-Tempore. I do believe that all 4 (Speaker/President, SPT/PPT, Majority Leader, and Minority Leader) should all control slots for legislation, not equally but distributed between them.
In terms of separation of powers between the two chambers, I feel that the Senate should solely deal with appointments to cabinet/judiciary unless the Semi-Presidentialism Process is being used, then both chambers should have a say. The budget should start from the House. The house should not have control over redistricting, that should be left to the RG or SoFE.
More in the other category of bicameralism is committees, I believe that if two different versions are passed by each chamber then a conference committee should be created to rectify the differences. I also believe that committees should be regularly used and that not every member sits on every committee. The chamber can determine how many committees they have and how many members (say 25% max) can sit on them. Then the VP or Speaker select (through negotiation or adhering  to rules of the chamber on composition of committees) the members of the committees.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »

In regards to the Senate Directive, I support the directive. I believe that the Senators should not be paid so much money. However, instead of it being simply a directive that the next PPT can overturn, I support codifying it.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »

GAworth announces a continuation of his Bus tour on a 3 day 4 state tour of the South. (Don't worry metro Atlanta, I will return home by the end of the campaign)
Thursday 8/14
7am-8am - Eggs and Issues - Elizabeth City, North Carolina
10am - 11am - Meet and Greet - Rodanthe, North Carolina
11:45am - 1:00pm - Pork and Politics - Manteo, North Carolina
3:00pm - 4:00pm - Meet and Greet - Washington, North Carolina
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Pork and Politics - New Bern, North Carolina
7:00pm - 8:00pm - Meet and Greet - Jacksonville, North Carolina
9:00pm - 11:00pm - Fundraiser - Wilmington, North Carolina
Friday 8/15
7:00am - 8:00am - Grits w/ GAworth - Charleston, South Carolina
10:00am - 11:00am - Meet and Greet - Savannah, Georgia
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Pork and Politics - Darien, Georgia
2pm - 3pm - Meet and Greet - St. Mary's, Georgia
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Meet and Greet - Jacksonville, Florida
5:30pm - 6:30pm - St. Augustine, Florida
8:00pm - 9:00pm - Meet and Greet - Titusville, Florida
Saturday 8/16
7:00am-8:00am - Coffee w/ the Candidate - Little Havana, Miami, Florida
8:30am - 9:30am - Meet and Greet - Hollywood, Florida
11:30am - 12:30pm - Lunch and Leadership - Naples, Florida
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Meet and Greet - Fort Myers, Florida
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Meet and Greet - Venice, Florida
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Dinner and Debates - Saint Petersburg, Florida
7:00pm - 9:00pm - Rally - Tampa, Florida
GAworth
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 01:32:56 AM »

GAworth thanks The People's Party for the vote of endorsement.
This morning I was informed that I have received the endorsement of The People's Party along with Senator Cynic. I am truly humbled to have received the endorsement of the Party and encourage the members to strongly consider me for their second preference. I believe that I will work well with TPP Candidate Polnut on making Atlasia strong. Again thank you.
As you already know I am open to any questions at any time from any Atlasian.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:10 AM »

Congrats! Go The People well, sweet GAWorth!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 12:11:39 AM »

Statement on the shooting in Ferguson, MO
I was deeply saddened to see the shooting down of a young man earlier this week in Ferguson, MO. My heart goes out to his family and friends. I will comment on the events surrounding because they are under investigation. I fully condemn the looting and anti-social behavior that took place in response to his death. I hope that the sending in of the National Guard by the Mid-East Government (Lt. Gov. TJ . . . where is Riley?) will not escalate the tension. My friends, this brings up a wider conversation. The apparent criminalization of being a young black individual in Atlasia. This cannot be solved with legislation or budget ear marks. It requires a serious sitting down of communities and the telling of hard to hear truths, prejudices, and grievances. No more young people should have to die.
Thank you,
Fmr. SoIA GAworth
GAworth
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »

GAworth makes a statement on the changes in leadership in the Midwest, Pacific and Nyman.
I am sad to Governor Belano leave the Governor's Mansion of the Midwest, I always enjoyed working with him during my stint in the Althing. I have full faith and confidence in Archduke Fitzgerald taking over and will be endorsing him for Governor. I am excited to see my other Althing colleague, Cris, stepping up to Archduke. This will lead to a vacancy in the Althing, a place that is near and dear to my heart. As for the Pacific, well here we go again. A Senator leaves (I will get back to Tyrion in a minute), the Governor appoints himself, which I am not a fan of. I think Cranberry will be great, when he comes back to the Senate that is. Now we have a confused election for Governor . . . smh.
Now to Nyman, Vice President Winjammer's departure has caused much sadness in the GAworth for Senate campaign, he will be missed. Tyrion is a great replacement but the Senate will miss him.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:59 AM »

Thanks for the endorsement! Aside from the fact that me and Cris are from two completely different parties, our past record these past few months have shown we can work together greatly, and we'll continue to do that as Governor and Archduke, respectively. Arturo will be missed, but this is a great light forward now and a win for all of the other moderates in the region who don't support TNFs extremist agenda.

I agree with you on the Pacific situation, to, sort of. Cranberry really didn't have a lot of options on who he could have appointed to the Senate, but it seems strange that he would appoint himself. Windjammer has arguably been the most devastating departure in my time in Atlasia so far. He was the one who helped me start up in MW politics and all we can hope is that he returns soon.

It seems only right that I give you my endorsement, to. I love your platform as I've said before and personally, I vote party-line way too much as is lol. It's time for a change in that. Wink
GAworth
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »

I know that several of my fellow candidates and pundits have called for the Demilitarization of Police. This will not stop another Trayvon Martin or Michael Brown, so let's stop linking the two. I do support a reduction in the militarization of police. I do believe that vehicles and heavy equipment are needed to stop honest to god riots or mass shootings or terrorism. I do not believe that we should completely stripping the Police Forces of all equipment but should certainly not dole it out like candy.

Again, if you have questions for me, feel free to ask?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »

Regarding the demilitarization of Police, I have a personal idea that could help you. If you want this, GA, just tell me and I shall help you =)
GAworth
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2014, 11:23:36 AM »

Regarding the demilitarization of Police, I have a personal idea that could help you. If you want this, GA, just tell me and I shall help you =)
I am open to any idea any Atlasian has.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »

GAworth announces the continuation of his tour. Due to the recent changes in Leadership and upcoming Regional Elections, GAworth has moved to the Pacific and Midwest to campaign.
Sunday 8/17
12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch and Leadership - Los Angeles, California
2:30pm - 3:30pm - Meet and Greet - San Bernadino, California
7:00pm - 8:00pm - Meet and Greet - Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday 8/18
7:00am - 8:00am - Eggs and Issues - Salt Lake City, Utah
9:00am - 10:00am - Meet and Greet - Ogden, Utah
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Lunch and Leadership - Pocatello, Idaho
2:00pm - 3:00pm - Meet and Greet - Idaho Falls, Idaho
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Meet and Greet - Jackson, Wyoming
9:00pm - 10:00pm - Meet and Greet - Rock Springs, Wyoming
Tuesday 8/19
7:00am - 8:00am - Eggs and Issues - Cheyenne, Wyoming
9:00am-10:00am - Meet and Greet - Fort Collins, Colorado   
11:00am -12:00pm - Meet and Greet - Boulder, Colorado
1:00pm - 2:00pm - Meet and Greet - Denver, Colorado
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Meet and Greet - Colorado Springs, Colorado
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Dinner and Debate - Pueblo, Colorado
8:00pm - 9:00pm - Meet and Greet - Trinidad, Colorado
Wednesday 8/20
7:00am-8:00am - Politics and Pancakes - Albuquerque, New Mexico
10:00am - 11:00am - Meet and Greet - Santa Rosa, New Mexico
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Chili with the Candidate - Tucumcari, New Mexico
3:00pm - 4:00pm - Meet and Greet - Amarillo, Texas
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Meet and Greet - Pampa, Texas
8:00pm - 9:00pm - Meet and Greet -Elk City, Oklahoma
GAworth
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »

I wholeheartedly condemn the call for the resumption of terrorist activities, this happens when people feel that the politics has failed them. I hope that Atlasians will elect those to public office that will bring Atlasia together and Make Atlasia Strong
GAworth
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »

I wish to make a short statement on the nomination of Tyrion for VP.
I have worked with Tyrion and watched him do an fine job during his stints serving the pacific in various capacities. I believe that the Senate should not vote for Tyrion based on the merit of the candidate an not any political spat or balance of powers skirmish. These can be resolved by the Senate after the nomination.

A shameless political plug:
I ask the voters of Atlasia to look at my record and look at where I stand. I will/had vote(d) for Tyrion for the position of VP and if the nomination comes in front of me if I am elected.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »

GAworth announces final campaign tour

Thursday 8/21
8am - 9am - Politics and Pancakes - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
11am - 12pm - Pork and Politics - Tulsa, Oklahoma
5pm - 6pm - Dinner and Debate - East Point, Georgia
6:30pm - 7:30pm - Meet and Greet - Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia
8:30pm-9:30pm - Meet and Greet - Marietta, Georgia
10:00pm - 11:00pm - Meet and Greet - Acworth, Georgia
Friday 8/22
7am - 8am - Grits with GAworth - Asheville, North Carolina
9am - 10am - Meet and Greet - Cherokee, Eastern Cherokee Indian Reservation, North Carolina
12pm - 1pm - Pork and Politics - Maryville, Tennessee
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Meet and Greet - Knoxville, Tennessee
4:30pm - 5:30pm - Meet and Greet - Sparta, Tennessee
7:00pm - 8:00pm - Meet and Greet - Nashville, Tennessee
Saturday 8/23
7:00am - 8:00am - Pancakes and Politics - Kansas City, Kansas
9:00am - 10:00am - Meet and Greet - St. Joseph, Missouri
11:30am - 12:30pm - Meet and Greet - Nebraska City, Nebraska
1:30pm - 2:30pm - Meet and Greet - Lincoln, Nebraska
4:00pm - 5:00pm - Meet and Greet - Grand Island, Nebraska
8:00pm - 9:00pm - Meet and Greet - Yankton, South Dakota
Sunday 8/24
8:00am - 9:00am - Pancakes and Politics - Pierre, South Dakota
10:30am - 11:30am - Meet and Greet - Eagle Butte, South Dakota
2:00pm - 3:00pm - Meet and Greet - Cheesewhiz, South Dakota
3:30pm - 4:30pm - Meet and Greet - Spearfish, South Dakota
5:00pm - 6:00pm - Dinner and Debate - Sturgis, South Dakota
6:30pm - 8:00pm - Final Campaign Rally - Rapid City, South Dakota
GAworth
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2014, 09:05:56 PM »

I would vote for Tyrion and think the Senate should vote for him based on merit.

Yeah that was a typo before guys. My bad. Thanks Griff for pointing this out. This is what happens when you don't proof read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies