Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:08:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169538 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 22, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »

Corporate worship?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1201 on: August 22, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »

Otherwise known as a church service.  Corporate Worship is when one worships with a group of people.  Individual Worship is when one worships by themselves.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1202 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »

What? So church is considered corporate worship all the time then?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1203 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »

Corporate Worship is the Update Meme of the Week.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1204 on: August 22, 2014, 03:40:09 PM »

Bushie, what is the style of worship at your church? Do you prefer hymnals or projection graphics? Have you had a chance to love on any Tulsa children?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1205 on: August 22, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »

What? So church is considered corporate worship all the time then?

Yes, although types of Protestantism other than Bushie's will often use less misleading/worrying adjectives, like 'common' or 'communal'.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1206 on: August 22, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »

Tomorrow begins Month 5 for me in Tulsa.  I can't believe I've been here for 1/3 of a year already.  I look forward to many more months and years in T-Town!!

BTW, nobody in Tulsa refers to Tulsa as T-Town..nobody..
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1207 on: August 22, 2014, 06:10:09 PM »

Corporate Worship is the Update Meme of the Week.

And the slogan of the 2016 Republican National Convention!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1208 on: August 22, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »

I'm enjoying a nice football game on a fine Friday evening.  It really helps me enjoy the weekend when I have a good job to go back to on Monday and knowing that my boss is pleased with my progress which makes me pleased with my progress.  For once, I have no employment worries at all.  This is the first time I have been able to truly say that in years, maybe ever.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1209 on: August 22, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »

I'm enjoying a nice football game on a fine Friday evening.  It really helps me enjoy the weekend when I have a good job to go back to on Monday and knowing that my boss is pleased with my progress which makes me pleased with my progress.  For once, I have no employment worries at all.  This is the first time I have been able to truly say that in years, maybe ever.

Ugh!  When does Bushie think for Bushie!?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1210 on: August 22, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »

In this instance, whether I'm pleased or not does not affect my continued employment.  It's his opinion that matters, not my own.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1211 on: August 22, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »

In this instance, whether I'm pleased or not does not affect my continued employment.  It's his opinion that matters, not my own.

I get it, but I think it would be wise for you to, rather than laugh together at mistakes, stand the **** up and let it be known to the office that your work is good... Damn good!  Then the office will think of you as not a good follower, but a future leader!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1212 on: August 22, 2014, 08:36:41 PM »

I get it, but I think it would be wise for you to, rather than laugh together at mistakes, stand the **** up and let it be known to the office that your work is good... Damn good!  Then the office will think of you as not a good follower, but a future leader!

I will say that independent of what my boss thinks, I do genuinely think I'm doing quite well.  I agree with his assessment that i need to pay more attention to detail and I would like to learn this stuff faster, but for the first 15 days, I am pleased.  I told my boss that Wednesday at lunch, I remarked to him that I think I'm doing pretty well.  I was relieved that he concurred for the most part.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1213 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »

As a longtime fan/reader/producer, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop (especially considering some of the subtle foreshadowing going on here). I can't help it I guess.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1214 on: August 22, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »

As a longtime fan/reader/producer, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop (especially considering some of the subtle foreshadowing going on here). I can't help it I guess.

Well, all I can say is bring your lunch.  You could be waiting a while!
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1215 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:11 PM »

Bushie sacrifices so much to those around him; he needs to think about himself for a change.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1216 on: August 22, 2014, 10:01:38 PM »

I think he is thinking for himself ... at this stage, his supervisor's thoughts are quite critical to his continuing success. How often have we seen Jeff fool himself into thinking he's doing a stellar job when he was really on the chopping block? Now he's soliciting his supervisor's feedback with regularity in order to keep tabs on his job stability, and we're criticizing him for it?

Keep doing what you're doing, Jeff. A lot can always happen, but I think you're doing the right things so far and have more potential with this job than any other you've held for years.

Now ... who's ready for an Update shirt? I'm thinking "Your argument just got tinkled on" on the back!

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1217 on: August 22, 2014, 10:02:23 PM »

Well, all I can say is bring your lunch.  You could be waiting a while!

I sure hope so, Bushie. I sure hope so.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1218 on: August 22, 2014, 10:06:22 PM »

I think he is thinking for himself ... at this stage, his supervisor's thoughts are quite critical to his continuing success. How often have we seen Jeff fool himself into thinking he's doing a stellar job when he was really on the chopping block? Now he's soliciting his supervisor's feedback with regularity in order to keep tabs on his job stability, and we're criticizing him for it?

Keep doing what you're doing, Jeff. A lot can always happen, but I think you're doing the right things so far and have more potential with this job than any other you've held for years.

Now ... who's ready for an Update shirt? I'm thinking "Your argument just got tinkled on" on the back!

That's simply amazing. It looks like Bushie got a special guest spot on Tom Goes to the Mayor!

Or maybe his head was inserted into the beginning of You Can't Do That on Television!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1219 on: August 23, 2014, 04:42:19 AM »

Oh its wonderful!!!   
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1220 on: August 23, 2014, 05:43:03 AM »

...WANT!

Plus supervisors don't like to be asked "am I doing this right?" All the time. There's a point where you're so supposed to know.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1221 on: August 23, 2014, 07:03:57 AM »

That logo is fantastic! I'd sport it on both a hat or t shirt!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1222 on: August 23, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »

...WANT!

Plus supervisors don't like to be asked "am I doing this right?" All the time. There's a point where you're so supposed to know.

I don't ask everyday.  I only ask maybe once every week to week and a half.  I've only asked twice in the first three weeks.  I know it's too much to do it any more than that, but like J-Mann said, it is good to ask occasionally how he feels.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1223 on: August 23, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: August 23, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »

Hey, guys, I am nearing the 10 pound weight loss mark.  I've lost officially 9.4 lbs coming in at 283.6.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies