Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:26:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 171706 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2014, 11:25:53 PM »

If Bushie blows this gig due to tummyaches, I'm gonna lose my cool.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »

If Bushie blows this gig due to tummyaches, I'm gonna lose my cool.

Prepare yourself. I'm not sure he's ever gone to work for 90 days straight without an absence. As we all know, this won't end well. He will get a tummy ache or migraine and miss a day within the next few weeks, I fear.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2014, 12:29:25 AM »

Maybe he should get a portable radio and headphones while he drafts to listen to baseball. That seems to keep him settled.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »

I do hope we get some characterization on his boss and co-workers. Ever since Russ Powers et al were written off Update, it's been lacking in well developed supporting characters.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #579 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »

I am still wondering what happened with Allison. Bushie asked for her hand in marriage and then a week later it was over. Allison still seems friendly on Facebook, so it doesn't appear to be the same circumstances as last time. I think she was the one who ended it before Bushie even had the chance to propose.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #580 on: August 05, 2014, 12:44:10 AM »

I do hope we get some characterization on his boss and co-workers. Ever since Russ Powers et al were written off Update, it's been lacking in well developed supporting characters.

Writers tried desperately to add some weed toking black friends to the cast that shared Bushie's idealism, but a las the star of our show had some creative differences.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #581 on: August 05, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »

Does Allison know Bushie dumped her?  She's acting no differently on FB at all. Hmmmmm.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #582 on: August 05, 2014, 06:58:43 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am up and ready for Day 2.  No lingering effects from that Braum's Cheeseburger I had for supper yesterday.  Tonight will likely feature baseball as my main TV option.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #583 on: August 05, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »

Does Allison know Bushie dumped her?  She's acting no differently on FB at all. Hmmmmm.

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am up and ready for Day 2.  No lingering effects from that Braum's Cheeseburger I had for supper yesterday.  Tonight will likely feature baseball as my main TV option.

Yeah, she doesn't know she's dumped. Sad
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #584 on: August 05, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »

Maybe Bushie broke up with Allison in a fever dream.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #585 on: August 05, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »

I think Allison knows. Bushie did announce it publicly on his Facebook. But I think it's pretty certain that she dumped him this time around.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »

I think Allison knows. Bushie did announce it publicly on his Facebook. But I think it's pretty certain that she dumped him this time around.

Wonderful point.  I forgot he was professing his love like a new husband when she canned him.  Good memory.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »

Wonderful point.  I forgot he was professing his love like a new husband when she canned him.  Good memory.

Additionally, he had posted a few minutes before the announcement about how lovely of a brunch they had at Denny's and how he was looking forward to spending the rest of his life with her. Afterwards, that post was removed and Bushie posted about how they had parted ways.

So, yeah, she dumped him after brunch.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »

Pretty big decision on Allison's part. She's pretty much decided to be a spinster rather than get married and bring a Bushie Jr into this world.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »

Pretty big decision on Allison's part. She's pretty much decided to be a spinster rather than get married and bring a Bushie Jr into this world.

God-forbid until he has held steady employment for 2+ years, loses 80 pounds, and has a partner that wasn't rushed into a marriage.

Although it would be an interesting addendum to the Update. Especially if Tiffany(e) and the pregnancy scare were the route cause.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »

Does Bushie still live in the black neighborhood near the last call center?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »

Additionally, he had posted a few minutes before the announcement about how lovely of a brunch they had at Denny's and how he was looking forward to spending the rest of his life with her. Afterwards, that post was removed and Bushie posted about how they had parted ways.

So, yeah, she dumped him after brunch.

Yowza. I didn't know about that. I think either you're correct, or she said that she was considering their future together and he got scared at what that meant and ended things.

Either way, he's better off. You'll find the whale to your Jonah, Jeff ... just take your time and steady yourself in this new job that has definite career potential.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #592 on: August 05, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »

And boy what a whale she will be JMann.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #593 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »

Tiffanye was a more or less average weight, if I remember correctly. Of course those were the golden days when Bushie had stable employment and was only like 250 pounds. But with diet and exercise and showing up to work every day, he could become a catch again.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #594 on: August 05, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »

Rofl.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: August 05, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »

I'm home from a really good day. I am starting to pick things up better and my supervisor is pleased so far. He's a little hard on me just because he wants to make me think and learn quick. Tonight, I am going to watch the Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees on MLB Network, then get my shower and read my Bible after the game then go to bed right after the 22:00 news. I am looking forward to Day 3 beginning in about 14 hours from right now!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #596 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »

Maybe Allison discovered Update, and that helped scare her off?  Didn't Mondale try to send her a link to these threads some months ago?

He's a little hard on me just because he wants to make me think and learn quick.

Sounds like foreshadowing of trouble ahead.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #597 on: August 05, 2014, 05:55:52 PM »

Maybe Allison discovered Update, and that helped scare her off?  Didn't Mondale try to send her a link to these threads some months ago?

He's a little hard on me just because he wants to make me think and learn quick.

Sounds like foreshadowing of trouble ahead.

No, no trouble ahead, it's just his teaching style.  He told me at the end of the day he was pleased with my work so far.  One day at a time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: August 05, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »

I feel really good about where I'm at at work.  I'm learning the stuff quite nicely and I'm getting a good feel of what I'm looking at.  I'm still a little rusty after the 5 month hiatus, but I'm shaking that off.  Today was better than yesterday.  The last two hours of the day today were the best of the 16 hours I've worked thus far.  Tomorrow should be even better.  I'm still laying the foundation on which to build from.  My goal tomorrow is to finish the first drawing.  I'm well on my way to doing just that, so I should be able to finish it in 8 hours time.  As time goes on I will get faster at these drawings and a lot more efficient.  For now, I think I'm doing very well on the first drawing.  I've been working on it for 13 hours so far.  5 on Monday and 8 today.  What's slowing me down right now is I'm new and I'm double, triple, and even quadruple checking everything I do.  I do not want these drawings to come back and hit me in the face.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #599 on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »

Maybe he should get a portable radio and headphones while he drafts to listen to baseball. That seems to keep him settled.

"I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies