Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:18:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170868 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:05 AM »

I thought the people on this show were supposed to be fats?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #701 on: August 09, 2014, 12:30:48 AM »

Who would watch a show filled with fat people? Most people on Big Brother are incredibly attractive and well built. Christine exists to fit the "nerdy girl" quota.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #702 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:34 AM »

Oh wait, nevermind. I confused 'Big Brother' with Bushie's other favorite show with the word 'big' in its title, 'Biggest Loser.' Carry on.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #703 on: August 09, 2014, 12:47:05 AM »

Any other information? Preferably in text form Tongue
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #704 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57:40 AM »

I read about the new job, Bushie, and I legitimately cheered. Keep it up. This could be the big game changer. You're doing great.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #705 on: August 09, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »

Good Saturday Morning!  I have a couple of errands to run this morning and then I need to do laundry this evening.  Then, tomorrow is church in the morning and the evening.  As of now, I plan to go in at 7:30 again on Monday and get off at 16:00.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #706 on: August 09, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »

I read about the new job, Bushie, and I legitimately cheered. Keep it up. This could be the big game changer. You're doing great.

Thanks, buddy!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #707 on: August 09, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »

Hmm, maybe I DID know what I was talking about when I said a job like this would be better for your skill set, psyche and happiness, huh?

I'm very glad to see such positive feelings about this job, Jeff. It doesn't seem as if you're trying to justify it, rationalize it or otherwise talk yourself into how happy you are. Keep sharpening the saw in the job, become that strong contributor that I know you can be, and then I think you'll have the energy and drive to work on some of the other things in your life that need an "Update."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: August 09, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »

J-Mann, you are absolutely correct.  I never really disagreed with you that I would be better suited for this type of work.  Like you said, with customer service I was trying to prop myself up and talk myself into something my heart just wasn't into.  I legitimately and genuinely like this job and don't have to talk myself into anything.  This past week it has been a joy to get up and go to work to do something I enjoy doing.  I know it's still early in this job, but I can already tell a big change for the better.  I'm excited about getting to live life as a normal single adult.  I also do hope to start working on other things I need to take care of.  The foundation of a solid faith in Christ and solid employment will definitely help in those efforts.  I will admit, my diet has been lousy this first week, but I'm hoping that with this new job and getting that fully established and solidified I can start making inroads with my eating habits.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #709 on: August 09, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »

Jmann, I'm not saying you were wrong in any career advice you gave Bushie, but but give him a while longer before you pat yourself on the back. He professes his undying love for every job during the first week. Let's see where we stand once the leaves start changing color.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #710 on: August 09, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »

bushie youve alluded to the fact that your boss gets frustrated with you?  is that true?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #711 on: August 09, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »

bushie youve alluded to the fact that your boss gets frustrated with you?  is that true?

Not really that frustrated.  He gets aggravated that I sometimes have to go over the same stuff, but he acknowledged yesterday that I am starting to pick that stuff up.  I've got no worries right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: August 09, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »

Jmann, I'm not saying you were wrong in any career advice you gave Bushie, but but give him a while longer before you pat yourself on the back. He professes his undying love for every job during the first week. Let's see where we stand once the leaves start changing color.

While that is true, I think J-Mann sees a difference in this one.  As do I.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: August 09, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »

You want to know something?  I haven't even touched an office phone at all in this first week.  I don't have to answer the phone and get cussed out by customers from dawn till dusk.  I leave work each evening now feeling like I've accomplished something and been productive.  Granted, time is the biggest sign here, but J-Mann and several others see a difference in my attitude in this job.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #714 on: August 09, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »

bushie cant you practice you cadd skills at home with the software on your computer?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: August 09, 2014, 11:45:26 AM »

bushie cant you practice you cadd skills at home with the software on your computer?

I can and I might while I watch my marathon of football/baseball today.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #716 on: August 09, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »

No golf?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: August 09, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »

No golf?

The only golf I usually ever watch is the Master's.  That's only because my uncle is usually in town during the time of the Master's and we watch it together.  I've never been a golf fan.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #718 on: August 09, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »

"Might" meaning "definitely won't"?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #719 on: August 09, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »

Agree 100 percent -- and I do think there's a difference with this one. For one thing, none of us are telling him it won't work. That alone provides a confidence boost. But I haven't gotten the sense that this is a complete "rose-colored glasses" scenario as were most of his previous new jobs.

No doubt, there's much that could happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #720 on: August 09, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »

Agree 100 percent -- and I do think there's a difference with this one. For one thing, none of us are telling him it won't work. That alone provides a confidence boost. But I haven't gotten the sense that this is a complete "rose-colored glasses" scenario as were most of his previous new jobs.

No doubt, there's much that could happen.

There's no doubt that time will definitely be the biggest judge of how things are going.  However, if I can have weeks like I just got finished with then I should have no problem in this place.  And, I have noticed that nobody is telling me it can't be done.  Everybody on here, on Facebook, and within my family has been very supportive throughout the entire week.  I can't expect to have great days every time I walk through the office door, because life is messy at times, but I can definitely have far more great days than bad days.  That IS under my control.  It also helps that I work with nice people, too.  I don't have any shady characters in with me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #721 on: August 09, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »

Week 1 was awesome.  I don't know how else I can put it.  Now, though, I am beginning to shift my focus to Week 2.  I am still going to enjoy the rest of my weekend, but my work focus is shifting to building on what I learned in Week 1 in Week 2 as well as improving on the things I need to improve on in this new week.  As good as Week 1 was, I am going to do everything I can to make Week 2 even better!!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »

Well, I do hope this works out for you, because this job is much more suited for you than the call center/sales route. I'm excited about Update's impending stability because it can only lead to a new lady! And since Jeffison died, I've been missing that.

Work hard and don't go to Braum's too often!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: August 09, 2014, 02:22:15 PM »

Thanks, Duke
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2014, 03:58:29 PM »

I just got home from an early dinner (The Delta Cafe) and a trip to the grocery store.  I'm having to rest my knee a little bit as it started hurting me in the store.  I still need to do laundry this evening, which I'll start in a little while.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies