Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 11:24:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170263 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »

I don't know Bushie's height, someone of his weight would likely need to eat over 3,000 calories per day to maintain current weight. He's probably not being honest in his count.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »

Here's an update for you:  After talking to Mom and Dad just now, I'm going to turn in my 3 days' notice first thing tomorrow and get started looking for a job full time.  This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.  They'll continue to support me in the mean time.  I am going to look primarily for non-call center jobs, but I'm going to keep my options open.  I'm going to go to church this evening here in a few minutes and then watch Big Brother, then I'll start the job search just after 20:00 tonight.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »

Team Cody all the way, BushOK.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »

I don't know Bushie's height, someone of his weight would likely need to eat over 3,000 calories per day to maintain current weight. He's probably not being honest in his count.

I did the (approximate) math awhile back: it was closer to 4,000. Which means that he should be losing a whole lot more than 1 pound per week if he's cutting out nearly 2,000 calories/day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »

I did the (approximate) math awhile back: it was closer to 4,000. Which means that he should be losing a whole lot more than 1 pound per week if he's cutting out nearly 2,000 calories/day.

I am 5'7 1/2 officially (I record it as 5' 8" on paperwork).

I am staying primarily between 2,000 and 2,300 kcal a day.  I am losing on average about 1-2 pounds a week.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »

Here's an update for you:  After talking to Mom and Dad just now, I'm going to turn in my 3 days' notice first thing tomorrow and get started looking for a job full time.  This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.  They'll continue to support me in the mean time.  I am going to look primarily for non-call center jobs, but I'm going to keep my options open.  I'm going to go to church this evening here in a few minutes and then watch Big Brother, then I'll start the job search just after 20:00 tonight.

Bushie, AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW: Who are you rooting for on Big Brother?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2014, 05:34:13 PM »

Not a bad pick.  I'm on Team Donny.  After him, I've got Jocasta and then Christine.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »

Not a bad pick.  I'm on Team Donny.  After him, I've got Jocasta and then Christine.

Oh man, I know you love pretty boys from New Jersey, Phil, but Cody is absolutely spineless. He looked like an absolute ***** for not putting up Caleb, just like he said he would. I could see Christine going far based on her alliances (and could even win if she flips just right), but I don't think Jocasta and Donny can last too much longer as pawns.

Personally, I like Nicole. She's not going to win, but I like her most as a person.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2014, 05:51:04 PM »

Are you moving back to OKC?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2014, 05:56:45 PM »

Sleeping bag in the train room! Sleeping bag in the train room!

ALL ABOARD THE BUSHIE EXPRESS
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »

So...Your lady left you because you got fired? Well.. now we know the story. Thanks Jeffie!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2014, 06:17:10 PM »

Here's an update for you:  After talking to Mom and Dad just now, I'm going to turn in my 3 days' notice first thing tomorrow and get started looking for a job full time.  This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.  

I didn't even notice this when I posted a bit earlier.

What the f[inks] is wrong with you!? Seriously? You are bipolar, Bushie. Go see a doctor. And before you do (or wish to deny or change the subject), read the past few days of conversation in regards to how you felt about this job then versus how you do now for verification.

People don't go around with pieces of paper and portfolios, wearing a suit and tie and turning in applications in-person anymore, Jeff Brown. You may choose to live in 1975 with the rest of your clan, but that's not the way the world works. Nothing is "hindering" you from sitting on your fat ass once you're off of work, submitting applications online and taking the prerequisite questionnaires - a.k.a. how you apply for jobs in 2014. I think you know this, but your parents don't, and you use it as a way to continue to milk money off of them. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it. Once again, you just don't want to work and instead prefer to suck off the teet of your parents.

Get the hint: they've already pushed you out of the house and now won't let you come back. They'd rather pay your way and keep you in another town at this point than have you return, because it's honestly probably cheaper that way (no $10s and $20s for ing Braum's runs everyday). They're getting tired of supporting a man who (by healthy Oklahoma standards) is halfway through his life. Jesus ing Christ.

DON'T QUIT YOUR JOB, YOU DOLT.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2014, 06:33:33 PM by J-Mann »

^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree. What happened to keeping this job while looking for another? According to you, they don't mind people taking time off, so when the time comes to take calls and interviews, they'd be fine with it.

I think has more to do with your fear of / inability to multitask, as predicted in your psychological profile. You didn't even do laundry yesterday, because ... baseball.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »

Also, don't turn in a notice. You know full well that a call canter isn't going to let you sit around and soak up more "training" money. You'll likely be walked out immediately.

Keep it until you find something else.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2014, 06:57:41 PM »

Why is Bushie quitting free money?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »

Bushie, please don't quit the job. You know you need the money. Look for a full time job while you're working there, but you cannot quit. You know that and we all know that. Please take our advice this time. Please.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »

RIP Call Center.

But seriously, Bushie, if this job is really as leisurely as you say it is, at least until you get your logins or whatever the hell they're waiting on, you have no excuse for not looking for a job while you're still working there. It's not like you're working 12 hour days at some mentally draining task like investment banking or doctoral research. You're currently being paid to listen to people talk on the phone. Hell, keep your cell phone with you and look for jobs on it while you're "sidejacking" or whatever it is.

Also, you should be looking up when every job fair in Tulsa and OKC is and penciling those in on your calendar. You should sign up for Meetup and look for networking events on there. If you're not on LinkedIn, create a profile on there too.

Stop dicking around. You've been going on about how you want to prove that you can keep a job and be successful at it; well this is not the way to go about it. You either need to go all in on this and be serious or you need to do what several people here have been telling you and just get on disability and live the corn syrup-filled life of a fat, lower-middle class Red State schmuck for another 20 or 30 years.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2014, 07:44:43 PM »

Jesus dick dude just tell the truth if you are go to do Update.  Last week Allison and the job are the two most important things in the universe and out of [Inks]ing no where you supposedly just up and ditch both?  You either need help or honesty with yourself. 

I'm with those that think that you got fired and Allison left you.  Your story just makes no sense. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »

You got fired from a sh**thole job?  Ugh. You

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »

Gee whiz, guys, calm down and take a chill pill.  I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.  I'm alright, and hopefully, I will get a better job soon.  Only I know all the intricacies of my situation.  You guys are free to have your opinions and voice them, but I know what I'm doing.  This may come as a surprise, but I do have a strong head on my shoulders and I am very cognizant of what's going on around me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

This job is just not worth it hindering me in my job search.

This job is not hindering you in your job search.  Here's what's hindering you in your job search:

It's a relaxing Saturday evening in progress. I've got one more baseball game to watch tonight - Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals. I will do my laundry after the game is over at 21:00 with the hopes of being in bed by 00:00. I will be going back to Lynn Lane Baptist Church tomorrow morning with Sunday School at 9:15 and the Morning Worship Service at 10:30. I am planning a Walmart run for tomorrow afternoon after church. I'm also getting excited about going back to work on Monday for Week 4!!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now, I am NOT (I repeat, NOT) saying that you have to give up all fun and focus all of your free time on finding a job, but to put the blame on why you can't find a job on your current job is just ludicrous.

You, as usual, did a complete turnaround.  We all predicted that you'd quit or get fired, and as usual, you got pissed off and started telling us not to doubt you and that this time would be different.  Heck, days ago you were saying this:

And now, like so many times before, you're prematurely throwing in the towel and becoming 100% dependent on your parents.  You're not cutting your spending habits significantly.  How can they still afford to support your lifestyle and all of your debt?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »

Gee whiz, guys, calm down and take a chill pill.  I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.  I'm alright, and hopefully, I will get a better job soon.  Only I know all the intricacies of my situation.  You guys are free to have your opinions and voice them, but I know what I'm doing.  This may come as a surprise, but I do have a strong head on my shoulders and I am very cognizant of what's going on around me.

No, Jeff, you don't know what you're doing.  People who know what they're doing aren't tens of thousands of dollars in debt yet refuse to keep a job (unless something illegal or highly unethical was going on).  If you were cognizant of what's going on, you wouldn't be 31 and broke, 100% dependent on your parents.

Wake up, man.  Your parents, while their intentions may be good, aren't giving you good advice.  They're enablers, and it's going to pass your financial ruin on to them, which will result in you having no cushion to rely on if a true emergency (as opposed to simply your need for Braum's and needless trips to "scout" jobs) ever arises.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »

I'm sorry, but your parent's advice so far has been terrible.

On the topic - both of these issue STINK to high heaven... there's a plot-twist coming.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.

Who's "her" in that sentence?  Whose financial situation has to do with your quitting?  Your parents?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »

I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.

Who's "her" in that sentence?  Whose financial situation has to do with your quitting?  Your parents?

Her means Mom.  She controls the checkbook.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies