Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:45:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 169556 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »

Last week Allison and the job are the two most important things in the universe and out of [Inks]ing no where you supposedly just up and ditch both?

Not only that, but anyone who suggested that the job wasn't a good fit for him was being "negative", and he didn't want to hear any negativity about it.  That's the typical Bushie pattern.  Whatever he's decided on today is absolutely right, and no one is allowed to question the wisdom of his decision.  Then tomorrow, he changes his mind, does something completely different, and whatever the new decision is is absolutely right, and anyone who questions the wisdom of that is being mean.

The whole thing is rather Orwellian.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:57 PM »

Gee whiz, guys, calm down and take a chill pill.  I'm only doing this after consulting with my parents and letting her take stock of her financial situation.  I'm alright, and hopefully, I will get a better job soon.  Only I know all the intricacies of my situation.  You guys are free to have your opinions and voice them, but I know what I'm doing.  This may come as a surprise, but I do have a strong head on my shoulders and I am very cognizant of what's going on around me.

It wouldn't come as a surprise. It would come as an M. Night Shyamalan-in-his-prime plot twist.

If we don't know the situation, then inform us. Either you were fired already, or you're preparing to make another bonehead move. We've told you all along to keep this and find something else in the meantime. The only reasons that would fall through would be either you've already been relieved of your duties there, or you have a total inability to do two simple things at once.

Admit it. You were fired, Allison dumped you as a result, and now it's Mr. and Mrs. Magoo to the rescue yet again.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »

The honest truth:  I have not been fired.  However, I will go into work in the morning and turn in my 3-days notice, under the full readiness that they may walk me out.  The thing with giving my notice is to be courteous.  I will go in and be prepared to stay all day, if that's what they want.  I am prepared for whatever happens.

The fact is I can't look for a job effectively when I'm working 8-5 with a 30-minute lunch, have no access to my cell phone while I'm on the floor itself.  Yes, I can call them back during lunch, but it's likely their lunch hour, as well.  The policies for phone use is different on the floor side-jacking or taking calls than it is in the classroom.  I look for most jobs online, but the employers generally call me to set up an interview.  I also go out and look for jobs, which is not obsolete.  Ever heard of temp agencies?   I basically don't want my hands tied while trying to play ball, if you will.

Yes, Inks, I know exactly what I'm doing.  You are free to question that, but you will not change my mind.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »

The honest truth:  I have not been fired.  However, I will go into work in the morning and turn in my 3-days notice, under the full readiness that they may walk me out.  The thing with giving my notice is to be courteous.  I will go in and be prepared to stay all day, if that's what they want.  I am prepared for whatever happens.

The fact is I can't look for a job effectively when I'm working 8-5 with a 30-minute lunch, have no access to my cell phone while I'm on the floor itself.  Yes, I can call them back during lunch, but it's likely their lunch hour, as well.  The policies for phone use is different on the floor side-jacking or taking calls than it is in the classroom.  I look for most jobs online, but the employers generally call me to set up an interview.  I also go out and look for jobs, which is not obsolete.  Ever heard of temp agencies?   I basically don't want my hands tied while trying to play ball, if you will.

Yes, Inks, I know exactly what I'm doing.  You are free to question that, but you will not change my mind.

Bushie, apply online, keep yourjob.  You get a call from a potential employer call back when you have time, and set up an interview. Take a half day like you did when you were sick last week, go to interview and go to work late orning early afternoon.  This shouldn't be a hard concept. 
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »

If you want employers to contact you via email, there's usually an option on applications indicating that. Most employers are well aware that a prospective employee probably cannot immediately take their phone call while they're at work.

If you call them on your lunch hour, any HR person worth their salt will pick up the phone, even if they are at lunch. And when they do, you schedule your interview and then very courteously request that in the future (s)he contact you via email.

Hell, if you get a call, just pretend you're going to the bathroom or something. That's allowed isn't it? You're seriously telling me that this makes it impossible for you to look for a job?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »

Bushie's words from nine days ago:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191988.msg4237186#msg4237186

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And then the next day:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191988.msg4238112#msg4238112

You must be logged in to read this quote.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »

Three days' notice isn't courtesy -- it's insulting. If you were important to an organization's operation, you would do them harm with such short notice. Where you're nothing to this organization, you will be let go immediately -- you'll find that the money isn't thrown around quite as liberally as you've been led to believe.

So if you want another three days' pay, don't say anything till Wednesday. Better yet, just stay there. If an employer is interested in interviewing you, they'll leave a message. Then you can get back to them during your lunch break (it wouldn't hurt you to miss a meal). THAT'S HOW A LOT OF PEOPLE DO IT, JEFF. TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME TRUST ME I AM EXPONENTIALLY MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN YOU AND TELLING YOU THAT IT'S OK NOT TO PICK UP IMMEDIATELY WHEN A PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER CALLS.

You are hurting your parents more than anyone with this utterly foolish move, because, once again, they'll have to foot 100% of the bills for their inept 32-year-old son. That's not to say they're not the worst enablers I've ever seen ... they're bad. But if YOU want to help THEM, as you shallowly claim all the time, then keep your damn job and act like a normal adult male who is capable of juggling two simple tasks at once.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »

You know what guys, I don't have to listen to this crap anymore.  I'm going back to politics for a while.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2014, 09:04:36 PM »

Jesus. H. F#$%ing. Christ.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:56 PM »

Please, god, no. Spare us.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2014, 09:18:28 PM »

You know what guys, I don't have to listen to this crap anymore.  I'm going back to politics for a while.

I tell you what, Rockefeller -- since you've got such a great head on your shoulders, show us all how it's done. I mean, that's what you've been doing for years, right? Teaching each and every one of us here how to be successful. You've conquered obesity, pull in six figures a year, landed your dream girl and set your family on a path toward comfortable retirement. Right? RIGHT?

Jeff, we're the ones who put up with crap. Your crap. Your ridiculous mockery of a normal life. And some of us put time and effort into legitimately trying to help your worthless butt, only to have our advice rejected over and over again because you think you're smarter than everyone in the room. How's that working out for you?

You actually had a reasonable plan -- to keep your current job while looking for a new one, but for some reason, you've given up YET AGAIN. And doing so makes no sense. It's like you pick the absolute most-illogical path forward and take it in spite of the common sense and experience of others screaming otherwise.

Since you're a hotshot salesman now and hotshot salesmen like to take risks, I'll make you a bet, Jeff. I'm employed more than full time, since I'm on a corporate executive team. I'm in the middle of a move and am trying to manage the sale of a house. I have a long-term relationship, family and friends that I try to put above my own leisure time. In other words, I have a life.

I'll keep doing that life, and also apply for entry level jobs in Tulsa. S[hit] jobs like entry-level accounting and things like that. CADD jobs, even. I'm totally not qualified. I don't even live there, so there's no way I could do an on-site interview. Hell, I can't even get back to potential employers in a reasonable amount of time, because of the whole managing-a-life thing.

So here's the bet -- you keep your job now and do what you told us you'd do: apply for other things. And if you find something and land a better spot before I do, I'll buy you a month's worth of personal training / nutritional guidance / life coaching ... whatever we determine is best and most-achievable to you.

If I land a job in Tulsa before you, then you never post another inane and self-deluded rambling on this or any other site again. Because it's too goddamn frustrating when some of us have legitimately tried to help you to repeatedly see the same cycle of failure.

You know you're doing the wrong thing, and yet you pat yourself on the back for it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »

Bushie, with all due respect you need to learn to face your issues and not go run and hide, as well as how to take criticism.  We are making an attempt to help get you out of a situation that has often been self inflicted.  However, instead of learning from your mistakes, listening to others, and taking heed of others advice and yes criticism, you don't.  You get all defensive, ignore otherr peoples advice, refuse to make any changes, refuse to learn from your mistakes job wise and healthwise  or any of that.

You have a bunch of people here giving you advice, giving you pointers, and instead of taking that advice, you do the opposite and expect everyone to simply accept it and not question you or say it was wrong.  It is quite frustrating when we have tried to help you, some going way above and beyond (J-Mann in particular) and it simply gets ignored

On top of that, look at your recent posts about this job and your situation.  Does it make any sense for things to change that quickly multiple times over a short period of time??  At first I thought you may have been not telling the whole truth to us or simply lying because you didn't want to hear it.  Now, I think it is bigger than that.  You simply aren't being honest with yourself, so instead you decide to come up and latch on to every excuse possible.

Yoy are dead broke, DEAD BROKE, and yes you are in a job that is a bad fit and likely won't last.  That means you hunt for another job, send resumes in the evening, try to find another one.  It doesn't mean you quit.  Work and get the $$ while you can.  You have no $$$$.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »

Now that he's broken up with Allison, I guess the plans to move to Kenya are back on?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Basically, folks, I am listening to all of your concerns and I am mulling over all of my options right now.  You guys are bringing up valid arguments and I've spent the past little while trying to talk myself into hanging onto the job and at least trying to look in the evenings and do what has been discussed here.  I'm also mulling over my options if I take my parents' advice to quit, figuring out what my first moves would be.  I have already found one job fair I can go to anytime this week Tuesday-Friday.  Then again, if I held onto this job, at least I would have a paycheck coming in.  It is money in the bank for now and I can get on the phones and do the best I can.  There are pros and cons to both decisions.  The cons of hanging onto this job is I might potentially miss out on some opportunities just by not being available to interview at a moment's notice.  The cons of quitting is that I run the risk of being out of a job for quite some time.  The pros of hanging onto this job is the aforementioned paycheck, but also that some employers prefer someone who already is working as opposed to someone who is sitting at home during the day looking.  The pros of quitting now is I can go all-in on the job search immediately once I get home.  I have a big decision to make.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:01 PM »

Basically, folks, I am listening to all of your concerns and I am mulling over all of my options right now.  You guys are bringing up valid arguments and I've spent the past little while trying to talk myself into hanging onto the job and at least trying to look in the evenings and do what has been discussed here.  I'm also mulling over my options if I take my parents' advice to quit, figuring out what my first moves would be.  I have already found one job fair I can go to anytime this week Tuesday-Friday.  Then again, if I held onto this job, at least I would have a paycheck coming in.  It is money in the bank for now and I can get on the phones and do the best I can.  There are pros and cons to both decisions.  The cons of hanging onto this job is I might potentially miss out on some opportunities just by not being available to interview at a moment's notice.  The cons of quitting is that I run the risk of being out of a job for quite some time.  The pros of hanging onto this job is the aforementioned paycheck, but also that some employers prefer someone who already is working as opposed to someone who is sitting at home during the day looking.  The pros of quitting now is I can go all-in on the job search immediately once I get home.  I have a big decision to make.

No one interviews on "a moment's notice" for jobs. You could "go all-in on the job search" already if you didn't spend all your evenings and weekends watching baseball and visiting your parents all the time.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:14 PM »

If you were cognizant of what's going on, you wouldn't be 31 and broke, 100% dependent on your parents.
Bushie is 32.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »

One thing I always do when mulling over options... remove yourself and imagine a friend is asking your advice and think on it through the prism of common sense.

Imagine if someone came to you and said "I'm quitting my current job, because I need to look for a job". Be critical... because critical advice is what true friends do, not agree with and reinforce bad decisions.

It's called being an adult...  
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:08 PM »

Bushie, you don't have any options.

You either stay at that job, apply for other jobs online, and take time off for interviews. Or you leap into the empty pool of your parent's safety net and swim in your own blood.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »

Submitted for your approval, two men, J-Mann and Inks, lead a ring of posters who try to give advice to a man trying to improve his own life. Little do they realize that not only is the advice they give ignored, they have been repeating themselves in an endless cycle for years. Little do these men realize, they have not logged onto just any internet forum, they have logged on permanently to the Twilight Zone.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:27 PM »

No one interviews on "a moment's notice" for jobs. You could "go all-in on the job search" already if you didn't spend all your evenings and weekends watching baseball and visiting your parents all the time.

Hell, he could apply for jobs as he has the baseball game.  Also, exactly right on  the moments notice thing.  That simply isn't done.  If someone is calling you for an inerview it isn't like they are going to have the position filled by the next day.  You call back, set up a time within a few days, take a half day and go to the interview.  That is how it works Bushie, that is what employers do.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »

Submitted for your approval, two men, J-Mann and Inks, lead a ring of posters who try to give advice to a man trying to improve his own life. Little do they realize that not only is the advice they give ignored, they have been repeating themselves in an endless cycle for years. Little do these men realize, they have not logged onto just any internet forum, they have logged on permanently to the Twilight Zone.

Literally LOLed. I suppose the fact that I've been posting the same advice here over and over again for years only to have it ignored makes me crazier than Bushie.

Basically, folks, I am listening to all of your concerns and I am mulling over all of my options right now.  You guys are bringing up valid arguments and I've spent the past little while trying to talk myself into hanging onto the job and at least trying to look in the evenings and do what has been discussed here.  I'm also mulling over my options if I take my parents' advice to quit, figuring out what my first moves would be.  I have already found one job fair I can go to anytime this week Tuesday-Friday.  Then again, if I held onto this job, at least I would have a paycheck coming in.  It is money in the bank for now and I can get on the phones and do the best I can.  There are pros and cons to both decisions.  The cons of hanging onto this job is I might potentially miss out on some opportunities just by not being available to interview at a moment's notice. The cons of quitting is that I run the risk of being out of a job for quite some time.  The pros of hanging onto this job is the aforementioned paycheck, but also that some employers prefer someone who already is working as opposed to someone who is sitting at home during the day looking.  The pros of quitting now is I can go all-in on the job search immediately once I get home. I have a big decision to make.

Hell, he could apply for jobs as he has the baseball game.  Also, exactly right on  the moments notice thing.  That simply isn't done.  If someone is calling you for an inerview it isn't like they are going to have the position filled by the next day.  You call back, set up a time within a few days, take a half day and go to the interview.  That is how it works Bushie, that is what employers do.

This is correct. If employers are interested in you, they'll work with you to schedule interviews. Good HR folks will make calls after-hours, too.

The jobs that allow or demand interviews on a moment's notice are the jobs like the one you have now. Easy in, easy out.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2014, 10:37:25 PM »

I tell you what, Rockefeller -- since you've got such a great head on your shoulders, show us all how it's done. I mean, that's what you've been doing for years, right? Teaching each and every one of us here how to be successful. You've conquered obesity, pull in six figures a year, landed your dream girl and set your family on a path toward comfortable retirement. Right? RIGHT?

Jeff, we're the ones who put up with crap. Your crap. Your ridiculous mockery of a normal life. And some of us put time and effort into legitimately trying to help your worthless butt, only to have our advice rejected over and over again because you think you're smarter than everyone in the room. How's that working out for you?

You actually had a reasonable plan -- to keep your current job while looking for a new one, but for some reason, you've given up YET AGAIN. And doing so makes no sense. It's like you pick the absolute most-illogical path forward and take it in spite of the common sense and experience of others screaming otherwise.

Since you're a hotshot salesman now and hotshot salesmen like to take risks, I'll make you a bet, Jeff. I'm employed more than full time, since I'm on a corporate executive team. I'm in the middle of a move and am trying to manage the sale of a house. I have a long-term relationship, family and friends that I try to put above my own leisure time. In other words, I have a life.

I'll keep doing that life, and also apply for entry level jobs in Tulsa. S[hit] jobs like entry-level accounting and things like that. CADD jobs, even. I'm totally not qualified. I don't even live there, so there's no way I could do an on-site interview. Hell, I can't even get back to potential employers in a reasonable amount of time, because of the whole managing-a-life thing.

So here's the bet -- you keep your job now and do what you told us you'd do: apply for other things. And if you find something and land a better spot before I do, I'll buy you a month's worth of personal training / nutritional guidance / life coaching ... whatever we determine is best and most-achievable to you.

If I land a job in Tulsa before you, then you never post another inane and self-deluded rambling on this or any other site again. Because it's too goddamn frustrating when some of us have legitimately tried to help you to repeatedly see the same cycle of failure.

You know you're doing the wrong thing, and yet you pat yourself on the back for it.

I love how this just got glossed over and this is literally the best opportunity Bushie's had for a long time.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »

The sad thing is, Bushie's not going to spend full time looking for a job once he leaves this one (assuming he isn't already gone and this is just another cover story.) He'll go back to his watching 12 hours of baseball some days and taking six hour naps the other days lifestyle, or explain how he can't do anything tomorrow because his cousin's roommate's brother's daughter is having her 7th birthday that he has to go to.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2014, 11:24:32 PM »

Holy effing crap Sherlock, YOU THINK?!

Jeff, it's freaking amazing that you have to drive a quarter mile to do your laundry but you refuse to join the rest of the world and use the internet in your job search.  And who the hell goes to job fairs anymore other than college students in the multi-purpose room?!

This is an abysmal decision, dude.  If you stick with the job, at least you'll be motivated to continue to search for something better and get off the phones.  Quit, and you'll be content to live off your parent's money and watch baseball/eat Braum's/sleep/Update us all day.  You know it's true... so just make the decision to stick with this until you find a better position. 

And if you truly want to sit around all day, just GET ON THE DAMN DOLE AND LEAVE MOM AND DAD'S CHECKBOOK ALONE!!!  Believe me, there are millions of us out there that don't even care if you live off the government.  We are called Democrats and you happen to be one! 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2014, 11:29:40 PM »

Believe me, there are millions of us out there that don't even care if you live off the government.  We are called Democrats and you happen to be one

Sort of.  Oddly, he's already endorsed Christie for president:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=182005.0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies