Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:03:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170280 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2014, 06:53:29 PM »

You have no job and not a nickel to your name and you take a four hour nap?  Now I want to Lol my life away cheering as you fail. You've earned that at least. Carry on.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

...wait, wait, wait.

Bushie quit a customer-based position in order to look for more suitable work? Aaaand he gets an interview for another customer-based position?

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »

Inks, I took the test and answered all the questions with the utmost honesty and here is the exact paragraph that was displayed after my test was scored:
----
Based on your responses, there is little to no indication of mental disorders. If however, you still feel the need to seek the guidance of a mental health professional do not hesitate to do so. Remember, the help of a mental health professional is not limited to the treatment of extreme disorders. A therapist or life coach can offer good advice to help with relationships (family therapy, couples therapy), self-esteem issues, and assertiveness training, as well as life and career coaching, among others. In essence, if you feel that you have not reached your full potential personally and career-wise, and are not fully content with yourself or your life, a therapist can offer a sympathetic ear and sound, practical advice in a non-judgmental atmosphere.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »

So basically Bushie has gone from scamming the call center out of money and not doing work all day to scamming his parents out of money and not doing work all day? Not sure why he feels better about ripping off his parents than he does about that call center, especially with how sympathetic a character Papa Bushie has been written as.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »

I'm starting to think that daily life in Oklahoma - from birth until death - is just everybody scamming one another in some way all day every day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »

Stop feeling bad for Papa and Momma.  They're the two most financially inept people I've ever heard of. It's hard to believe they are real.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »

My God, how ridiculously controlling does Inks sound? "Do as I say or you have problems." Not moderating must be driving him crazy.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:16 PM »

Inks, I took the test and answered all the questions with the utmost honesty and here is the exact paragraph that was displayed after my test was scored:
----
Based on your responses, there is little to no indication of mental disorders. If however, you still feel the need to seek the guidance of a mental health professional do not hesitate to do so. Remember, the help of a mental health professional is not limited to the treatment of extreme disorders. A therapist or life coach can offer good advice to help with relationships (family therapy, couples therapy), self-esteem issues, and assertiveness training, as well as life and career coaching, among others. In essence, if you feel that you have not reached your full potential personally and career-wise, and are not fully content with yourself or your life, a therapist can offer a sympathetic ear and sound, practical advice in a non-judgmental atmosphere.

... I don't believe you.

I consider myself to be a fairly balanced person with the same foibles  etc etc I answered honestly and I apparently have symptoms of PTSD, generalised anxiety disorder and Agorophobia without panic disorder.

Generally, self-diagnosis is a very problematic habit, because if you're afraid of the outcome, you answer to make sure you get the result you want. Plus it's usually bollocks.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »

Also, it's no surprise that Bushie's brother and sister-in-law have had enough of him.  He's been pissing away their inheritance for years.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2014, 07:22:36 PM by Senator Griffin (LAB-NB) »

Jeff, what is the harm in seeing a mental health professional? If you're truly fine, as you insist, the doctor will simply confirm this. How could that possibly be a bad thing?

It's just the cost, effort, and time to muster up the energy and courage to contact a mhp.  I know I am not mentally ill, as everybody who sees me in real life would vouch for, so I think it would be a total waste of said cost, time, and effort.

I'll cover the co-pay for you. That takes care of the cost. The effort is minimal. As for the time, it'll take 5 minutes to make an appointment and maybe a total of 2 hours to drive there, see the doctor, and drive back. You have 2 hours of free time M-F, I assure you, especially now that you're unemployed.

The people who see you in real life don't know the real you, unless you're just as candid about your lying and gullibility with everyone you meet, which I highly doubt.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks.  I'm not mentally ill as some on this forum seem to suggest.  I'm different, yes, but I'm not sick.

Yes you are. The whole premise of Update revolves around the almost certain reality that all is not well, and that's before we even address the characteristics of your personality manifested within it.

Don't have the time? Don't have the money? Liar. You literally just quit your job, so you have plenty of time. What happened to IndianCare? What happened to the attitude that you had $60 to waste on a fycking application for a federal job?

And don't even try to use the whole "people around me say I'm fine" shtick, because most of them likely don't ever see the real you. And of the ones who do, they seem to only reinforce your ignorant actions by encouraging them. Seriously, who would tell their 32 year-old man-child to quit a job they just procured, that's paying the bills and instead continue to run up a tab on their credit so he can "have enough time" to put in applications online and take 4-hour naps? The piss-poor availability of healthcare in your part of the country combined with the stigma of mental illness probably means that a good chunk of the people walking around you telling you how fine you are aren't fine themselves.

To do the things you do and think the way you do on these things, you are either the laziest person in the entire world, or you're mentally ill. And the first response for someone who is mentally ill is to deny, deny, deny. That's why we use to have more straight jackets and vans to carry off the ones who wouldn't or couldn't deal with it themselves.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »

Bushie, have you looked at what J-Mann and myself sent you regarding this job?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »

Seriously, I want you to get help, Bushie. I just don't know what other way to break through than by being an ass. Too many people in your real life apparently are not honest with you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2014, 07:27:21 PM »

Wow, over the span of this short season, I have been vilely insulted, called mentally ill, my parents have been insulted and reviled, my friends have been insulted and called mentally ill because they "don't see the real me."  I am not going to subject myself and the ones I love to this type of childish attacks.  You guys are completely pathetic.  You give no thought to how a person might feel.  You all seem to think you are 100% correct 100% of the time and that I am never correct.  You guys are just flat arrogant and wrong.  I have done nothing wrong and my parents and friends have done nothing wrong.

This ends the Update once and for all.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »

Run, run, run away. All of the real problems are the ones you create and/or refuse to acknowledge.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »

Even if you won't see a doctor, humor me and take this test. It's nothing like seeing a doctor, but it could help. Answer it all honestly. If you don't, it only shows that subconsciously (or even consciously) you really do need help: http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3040

I took this test on behalf of Bushie, using information divulged in Update over there years to use the response.

It diagnosed him as having

Major Depressive Disorder
Manic Episodes
Specific Phobias
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

If you guys and Bushie want to audit my results, here's a list of everything I said yes to. If there's some consensus that I was wrong to choose some of them, we can run the test again:

[quote]I feel trapped in a relationship that feels totally unsatisfying.

My partner and I have severe difficulty when it comes to communicating and solving problems together.

I am in a romantic relationship in which either my partner or I rely on the other as our sole source of emotional well-being and self-worth.

I felt very sad, unhappy and low for most of the day, nearly everyday.

I had severe trouble sleeping or slept too much.

I experienced cloudy thinking and had trouble concentrating.

I felt like I was moving more slowly than usual.

I unintentionally gained or lost more than five percent of my original body weight.

I have experienced episodes of the above symptoms on more than one occasion, with more than two months in between episodes.

I experienced an unusually elevated mood where I was extremely elated, happy, or energetic.

I took enormous risks such as having unprotected sex or spending extravagantly, without thinking about the possibility of negative consequences.

Distracting thoughts and ideas popped unwanted or too quickly in my head.

I experienced periods where it felt like everything I did was tremendously important - like the world depended on the success of my plans.

I experienced extreme unease and apprehension about a variety of situations and experiences.

I felt unusually restless, irritable, tense, or distractible.

I suffer from a long-term, extreme fear of an object or situation (such as spiders, heights, snakes or airplane travel, among others) and recognize that fear to be excessive or unreasonable.

The fear I experience in response to that object or situation interferes with my ability to function normally.

I avoid the situation or object whenever possible, and experience intense anxiety and/or panic when I can't avoid it.

I feel compelled to repetitively perform certain actions or rituals that have little practical merit.

I can't stop repeating the behaviors or mental acts.

Before making decisions or doing something important, I need an excessive amount of advice and reassurance from others.

I willingly relinquish control over my life to others.

I am afraid to express disagreement to my friends or loved ones for fear that they will get mad at me or stop supporting me.

I have very little faith in my ability to take care of myself or get things done without assistance.

When one relationship ends, I feel an urgent need to be in a new relationship as soon as possible.

I have episodes when I eat large amounts of food and feel that I cannot control how much I am eating.

I eat until I am uncomfortably full.

I behave impulsively and irresponsibly (go on impulsive spending sprees, have sex with strangers, abuse drugs or alcohol, or drive recklessly).

I had a persistent feeling that I possessed special powers or talents, or was in contact with God or another powerful figure.

My speech or thoughts were incoherent or overly rapid, without apparent cause.

I have had a great deal of difficulty concentrating on important tasks.

I just cannot seem to get organized.

I am often unable to bring projects I am working on to completion.

I have trouble concentrating on the details and/or make careless mistakes on work/school projects or other paperwork.[/quote[
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:36 PM »

^^^Bless you but duh
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2014, 07:48:14 PM »

The problem is that you think you're 100% correct, no one is. Not us, not you.

Informing you of your own past mistakes is not insulting you, informing you that the advice your parents have given you has been deterimental is not insulting them. It's fact. Disagree? Prove otherwise.

You spill this online for attention, and don't like it when you hear something you don't like and you have the gall to suggest that everyone else is being childish? Despite the tone of some, including me, you've been given consistently decent and solid advice. You've ignored it all, because you, you, not us, thought you knew better... and where has that got you?

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:29 PM »

Wow, over the span of this short season, I have been vilely insulted, called mentally ill, my parents have been insulted and reviled, my friends have been insulted and called mentally ill because they "don't see the real me."  I am not going to subject myself and the ones I love to this type of childish attacks.  You guys are completely pathetic.  You give no thought to how a person might feel.  You all seem to think you are 100% correct 100% of the time and that I am never correct.  You guys are just flat arrogant and wrong.  I have done nothing wrong and my parents and friends have done nothing wrong.

Wow, I only said your parents are financial morons. Which is factually correct.   Chill dude   
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2014, 07:52:04 PM »

RIP MOMMA BUSHIE RETIREMENT
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #244 on: July 28, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

Imagine all the wonderful train trips Papa could be taking right now if he didn't have to support his son to the grave.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #245 on: July 28, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »

What, specifically, do you guys think mental health folks can do for Bushie? He clearly has a lot of mental problems, but all of you put way too much faith in the ability of psychiatry to solve them. The fact is, in cases like Bushie, there's not much that can be done to fix him. The efficacy of many drugs and talk therapy is very much in doubt. He's never going to be able to hold a job. He just needs to limit the financial damage he causes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: July 28, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

I don't read this as regularly, though, so I'm sure I miss quite a bit here and there. The manic behavior is what's really hurting him. The anxiety only causes relatively minor issues in comparison (like fear of calling people, whether that be for work or to see about a CADD certificate).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #247 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:43 PM »

I'm almost starting to think the people for banning Bushie have a point.

It's pretty obvious the only way Update will go away is banning Bushie, and Bushie is using Update as an outlet. This means he isn't actually facing up to his very severe issues. If he didn't have it he might have to actual deal with his issues instead of soaking in the attention.

...But it's going to have to happen sooner or later anyway.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #248 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »

There's something that he's not telling us, and it's worrying that he's dealing with it by systematically cutting himself off from the rest of the world.

^^^^
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #249 on: July 28, 2014, 08:30:23 PM »

I actually don't feel like you have any sort of severe mental illness or need "that" kind of therapy, as I used to. Rather, your situations are most likely spurred by two things:

- An overwhelming midwestern optimism, where you want so badly to have a stereotypical "normal" life that you keep forcing yourself into situations that are either ill-planned or poor fits for who you really are. Think about it, and if it helps to see the cycle, go back and actually read all the previous Updates ... it's the same stories over and over again: rushed relationships, forced jobs and edification from those around you that dilutes the magnitude of your mistakes.

- I think you have a very powerful lazy streak, and even when you are well aware of the "correct" path (ie: keeping your job while looking for new ones, eating healthier, etc.), you take the easy way out. And, again, you're given a free pass by those closest to you. I'm not saying my parents wouldn't bail me out if I was struggling ... I'm saying mine would have had enough after the first time and would have expected me to learn from my mistakes.

You're not wrong all the time, Jeff ... CADD school has the potential to have been a good investment. There are little things here and there that you do well, and they're acknowledged. You just can't expect me or anyone else on the forum to cheer laziness or, when you have choices, your purposeful selection of the worse choice. If you want to be recognized for the things you do right, and if you want to be spoken to in a more-respectful manner, treat this community with the same recognition and respect in return.

You get some great advice from us at times, and when you throw it back in our faces or outright reject it, it's an even deeper level of disrespect than the surface-level insults that are shot across your bow from time to time. Some of us have been where you're at, made good choices and succeeded ... and we're trying to help you down that same path.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies