Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:29:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170558 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »

Truly a well-balanced individual here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2014, 10:12:48 PM »

What is your goal, Bushie?  What is a job that will be good enough that you won't immediately start looking for another job?  Is the goal to get a CADD job, and any other job you take will be an interim step towards getting that CADD job?

I would ideally like to have a CAD job.  Yet, everybody requires x years of experience.  How does one gain the experience if nobody wants to give you the experience?  I'll take any office job, but I'd really like a CAD job.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »

Bushie, just make sure you don't try to love on kids while on the job.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »

Bushie, just make sure you don't try to love on kids while on the job.

That would solve his problems once and for all, though.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2014, 10:36:32 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2014, 10:39:07 PM by Passing Through a Screen Door »

A thought that occurred to me is that a pizza or Jimmy John's delivery job might be decent for Bushie. You can work part time with very flexible hours so he can't use the excuse of having to look for other jobs, it's mostly driving, and even he can walk up carrying that to someone's doorstep. And while the pay isn't great they can make good money with tips, my brother working at Jimmy John's delivery is probably making more than Bushie did at his last call center job with his tips included. And I don't know if Tulsa is the same but in Minneapolis many have the only qualification that you have a car and a driver's license.

But then I realized Bushie would probably get fired after a few weeks due to how unreliable he is and how he'd be constantly calling in because of his headache or stomachache. But hey, worth a few weeks pay.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

A thought that occurred to me is that a pizza or Jimmy John's delivery job might be decent for Bushie. You can work part time with very flexible hours so he can't use the excuse of having to look for other jobs, it's mostly driving, and even he can walk up carrying that to someone's doorstep. And while the pay isn't great they can make good money with tips, my brother working at Jimmy John's delivery is probably making more than Bushie did at his last call center job with his tips included. And I don't know if Tulsa is the same but in Minneapolis many have the only qualification that you have a car and a driver's license.

As long as there's never an inch of snow, he'd be OK.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2014, 10:58:46 PM »

What is your goal, Bushie?  What is a job that will be good enough that you won't immediately start looking for another job?  Is the goal to get a CADD job, and any other job you take will be an interim step towards getting that CADD job?

I would ideally like to have a CAD job.  Yet, everybody requires x years of experience.  How does one gain the experience if nobody wants to give you the experience?  I'll take any office job, but I'd really like a CAD job.

OK, but that doesn't answer my question.  If you take an office job, are you going to keep looking for a CAD job in your free time (and potentially quit that office job like you just did the call center, in order to spend more time looking)?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

As long as there's never an inch of snow, he'd be OK.

He'd just go to the customer's house the day beforehand to be on the safe side.

Utah Airport Sleepover Fun Time...oh the memories...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:02 AM »

The issue there is still interaction with customers.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2014, 12:51:08 AM »

...getting the pizza there on time? ...dealing with small change? driving...
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2014, 01:57:45 AM »

Meh, who ever really interacts with their pizza delivery guy?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »

So far as the pizza delivery guy is concerned, way too many people.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2014, 02:14:16 AM »

Do pizza delivery guys spend 100% of their job delivering pizzas?  If it's a slow day with deliveries, then are they ever asked to actually participate in the making of the pizzas?  Because we are talking about someone who needs assistance for spaghetti.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2014, 02:39:53 AM »

Do pizza delivery guys spend 100% of their job delivering pizzas?  If it's a slow day with deliveries, then are they ever asked to actually participate in the making of the pizzas?  Because we are talking about someone who needs assistance for spaghetti.

I'm pretty sure he could avoid actually having to cook anything.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2014, 06:25:24 AM »

A lot of people... at least according to the movies I've seen.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »

MODERATE!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2014, 07:01:10 AM »

Bushie, did you talk to the people at the South Bryant Campus about the CADD certificate yet?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2014, 07:18:29 AM »

Bushie, did you talk to the people at the South Bryant Campus about the CADD certificate yet?

I just want to know if it's a CAD certificate or a CADD certificate.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2014, 07:19:23 AM »

I just want to know if it's a CAD certificate or a CADD certificate.

It's CADD when you flunked with a D like Bushie did.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »

At least he should have time to contact them about the certificate now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »

I plan to contact them today.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2014, 08:08:24 AM »

I plan to contact them today.

Certainly a good idea. I'm sure you'll find more employers in that field willing to consider you once you can actually prove your competence in CADD.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »

Bushie, how are you today? You've been through a lot in the last few days. Hope you're ok.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »

Still want to know what actually went down with Allison...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2014, 02:24:15 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Still got an answering machine for the certificate lady.  I left a message explaining what I'm wanting, so now I have to wait some more.  It frustrates me because I called on this two weeks ago and got the same answering machine.  You all want answers and I want answers.  I'll call again Friday if I haven't heard anything.

The only answer I've gotten so far is from Russ Powers himself by email a week ago or so saying that I do have a certificate waiting, and to contact the person in charge.  He said the location of the certificate should not affect my employment.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies