Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:59:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170394 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »

Polnut, I will address one thing you mentioned.  I have already been diagnosed with OCD.  That happened when I was 11, it comes as part of my Tourettes.  I have had that all my life, and was diagnosed officially at age 11 after years of testing and evaluations, a lot of them mental.  I've also got a severe case of ADHD.  I don't run away from these issues, rather I tend to embrace them and thank God for giving them to me.  Yes, I thank God for a neurological disorder.  So, I have already been through mental evaluations.  I'm positive the doctors today would reveal the same issues.

It's not about diagnosing anything. It's about finding ways to work around these problems. Most of the advice people have given you has been sound, Bushie. You've consistently ignored their advice.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Still got an answering machine for the certificate lady.  I left a message explaining what I'm wanting, so now I have to wait some more.  It frustrates me because I called on this two weeks ago and got the same answering machine.  You all want answers and I want answers.  I'll call again Friday if I haven't heard anything.

The only answer I've gotten so far is from Russ Powers himself by email a week ago or so saying that I do have a certificate waiting, and to contact the person in charge.  He said the location of the certificate should not affect my employment.

How's Big Russ doing? I was hoping he'd pop up a few times in this season.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »

Just heard back from her and they will get the certificate in the mail to me in about a week.  So, I should get it sometime the latter half of next week or the following Monday (August 11).
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2014, 03:02:27 PM »

so did you contact metrotech?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »

Yes, and the answer is in my previous post.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »

Still got an answering machine for the certificate lady.  I left a message explaining what I'm wanting, so now I have to wait some more.  It frustrates me because I called on this two weeks ago and got the same answering machine.  You all want answers and I want answers.  I'll call again Friday if I haven't heard anything.

The only answer I've gotten so far is from Russ Powers himself by email a week ago or so saying that I do have a certificate waiting, and to contact the person in charge.  He said the location of the certificate should not affect my employment.

How's Big Russ doing? I was hoping he'd pop up a few times in this season.

He's doing fine.  He's getting ready for another school year that starts this coming Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:34 PM »

So, I went to the call center place this morning that I found.  I filled out an application that took me an hour and a half to complete only to find out they'll get back with me.  So, I wait for their phone call.  It does give me time to search for other jobs that are better fits.  I did not go to the 13:30 interview I had today, because as myself, J-Mann, and Smash all found out it was all sales.  That's a no-go even more than customer service.  I've got a staffing agency interview tomorrow at 13:00 for an IT position.  We'll see what comes of these.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2014, 03:48:57 PM »

has anyone mentioned it would be much more efficient to apply online?  oh yeah, almost everyone has suggested that...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »

has anyone mentioned it would be much more efficient to apply online?  oh yeah, almost everyone has suggested that...

I do that, too, but there are some cases where face-to-face interactions have not gone out of style.  How do you possibly get immediate interviews when you apply at home?  That kind of thing does happen.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »

has anyone mentioned it would be much more efficient to apply online?  oh yeah, almost everyone has suggested that...

Yeah but that's free, Walter.  Don't you know you're supposed to spend $58 to apply for a job anywhere?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »

I do that, too, but there are some cases where face-to-face interactions have not gone out of style.  How do you possibly get immediate interviews when you apply at home?  That kind of thing does happen.

No job that is going to be worth taking will be likely to give an immediate interview.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2014, 03:58:25 PM »

has anyone mentioned it would be much more efficient to apply online?  oh yeah, almost everyone has suggested that...

I do that, too, but there are some cases where face-to-face interactions have not gone out of style.  How do you possibly get immediate interviews when you apply at home?  That kind of thing does happen.

No job that is going to be worth taking will be likely to give an immediate interview.

That's the only job I applied for in person today.  I've applied for about 5-6 more online.  Have face-to-face interactions really gone obsolete?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »

I do that, too, but there are some cases where face-to-face interactions have not gone out of style.  How do you possibly get immediate interviews when you apply at home?  That kind of thing does happen.

That's the only job I applied for in person today.  I've applied for about 5-6 more online.  Have face-to-face interactions really gone obsolete?

That type of stuff might exist in the fly by night companies, the call centers, or if your looking for a retail or restaraunt type of job.  However, if you are looking for some office job, it really doesn't exist.

Granted it is a completely different company and area then what you would be doing, but I use to work in Manhattan for a major bank/financial firm.  You wouldn't get past security in the lobby if you didn't have someone from the company okay it.  This is the same in many companies in NYC.  You aren't going to be buzzed up by going to security and say hey I have a resume to drop off.  F

Any back office type of job you would potentially work in likely wouldn't have that type of stuff (though perhaps in the heart of downtown OKC or Tulsa, that type of security is possible).  However, even if you go into an office you would be extremely unlikely to get anywhere beyond handing your resume to a Receptionist which may or may not make it to a HR dept or hiring manager.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2014, 04:37:34 PM »

Maybe the breakup was mutual this time. Allison hasn't bashed Bushie at all on social media (unlike last time).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »

Just about 30 minutes ago, I have scored another interview for tomorrow.  I had to push the early interview tomorrow back to Thursday.  The interview I just received is at 11:00 and in the same area as the job I just left.  This means I have interviews tomorrow at 11:00 and 13:00 and Thursday at 9:00.  The 11:00 is directly with the company and 13:00 is with a staffing agency.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

That's the only job I applied for in person today.  I've applied for about 5-6 more online.  Have face-to-face interactions really gone obsolete?

That type of stuff might exist in the fly by night companies, the call centers, or if your looking for a retail or restaraunt type of job.  However, if you are looking for some office job, it really doesn't exist.

Granted it is a completely different company and area then what you would be doing, but I use to work in Manhattan for a major bank/financial firm.  You wouldn't get past security in the lobby if you didn't have someone from the company okay it.  This is the same in many companies in NYC.  You aren't going to be buzzed up by going to security and say hey I have a resume to drop off.  F

Any back office type of job you would potentially work in likely wouldn't have that type of stuff (though perhaps in the heart of downtown OKC or Tulsa, that type of security is possible).  However, even if you go into an office you would be extremely unlikely to get anywhere beyond handing your resume to a Receptionist which may or may not make it to a HR dept or hiring manager.

I can see your point and most of the jobs I have found don't do immediate interviews, but there are some that do.  Like you said, though, they are mostly the hole-in-the-wall companies.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2014, 05:11:30 PM »

I agree with this. Great companies are busy, and busy people making those great companies run can't drop everything to take an interview at a moment's notice. If you're looking for a career, expect the organization to have a hiring process that is lengthier than a handshake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2014, 05:13:33 PM »

I agree with this. Great companies are busy, and busy people making those great companies run can't drop everything to take an interview at a moment's notice. If you're looking for a career, expect the organization to have a hiring process that is lengthier than a handshake.

Good things come to those who wait.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »

Maybe the breakup was mutual this time. Allison hasn't bashed Bushie at all on social media (unlike last time).

Or she dumped him.  Or Bushie's telling the truth about her "I'm probably going to dump you by the end of next week" statement.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2014, 06:46:43 PM »

Or she dumped him.  Or Bushie's telling the truth about her "I'm probably going to dump you by the end of next week" statement.

Bushie said he's thinking about quitting his new job, Allison gave up on him. Sounds pretty simple.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »

Add to my interviews two job fairs.  A job fair on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 13:00 and another customer service job fair on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 9:00.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2014, 08:27:50 PM »

Add to my interviews two job fairs.  A job fair on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 13:00 and another customer service job fair on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 9:00.

No!!!!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »

Elle Oh Elle
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »

Bushie, I am not trying to "be negative" as you so often accuse people ITT of being, but why do you consistently and repeatedly seek out customer service jobs?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

Bushie, I am not trying to "be negative" as you so often accuse people ITT of being, but why do you consistently and repeatedly seek out customer service jobs?

The same reason he needs to seek mental health assistance. He's insane.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies