Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:30:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80
Author Topic: Update XVI: Sidejackin' it in the Train Room.  (Read 170518 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »

Bushie, I am not trying to "be negative" as you so often accuse people ITT of being, but why do you consistently and repeatedly seek out customer service jobs?

Realistically, they are the only types of employers that would hire someone with Bushie's work record.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »

Bushie did you tell Allison that you were thinking about leaving this last job you had before you guys broke it off?

Also does the original wedding date come back into play if you guys decide to get back together in the fall?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2014, 09:32:27 PM »

Bushie, I am not trying to "be negative" as you so often accuse people ITT of being, but why do you consistently and repeatedly seek out customer service jobs?

Realistically, they are the only types of employers that would hire someone with Bushie's work record.

Which is another reason I tend to gravitate toward those jobs.  I know my job record sucks and while I still try for the really good jobs, I know call centers will mostly be there.

Heck, I know that if push come to shove and I'm out for too long without a job, I could go running back into the arms of the call center I just left and I'd be hired on the spot.  Naturally, I don't want to do that and I don't expect to have to do that, but it is the safety net of all safety nets.  It will make staying in Tulsa much easier if things go horribly wrong.  Like I said, I don't want to do that, and I left there for a reason, but it will be there for me if I need it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2014, 09:34:41 PM »

Bushie did you tell Allison that you were thinking about leaving this last job you had before you guys broke it off?

Also does the original wedding date come back into play if you guys decide to get back together in the fall?

I did not tell her of my plans to leaving, because at the time we broke up I was still planning on going to work Monday.  It wasn't until Sunday evening that my mind changed.  We broke up on Saturday.

I highly doubt we'll get back together and if we did I think the original date would then be too soon.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2014, 09:35:28 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2014, 09:38:33 PM by Eraserhead »

Which is another reason I tend to gravitate toward those jobs.  I know my job record sucks and while I still try for the really good jobs, I know call centers will mostly be there.

Heck, I know that if push come to shove and I'm out for too long without a job, I could go running back into the arms of the call center I just left and I'd be hired on the spot.  Naturally, I don't want to do that and I don't expect to have to do that, but it is the safety net of all safety nets.  It will make staying in Tulsa much easier if things go horribly wrong.  Like I said, I don't want to do that, and I left there for a reason, but it will be there for me if I need it.

What was the last straw for you with that place? Something must happened because you seemed committed to sticking with it for a while.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »

I did not tell her of my plans to leaving, because at the time we broke up I was still planning on going to work Monday.  It wasn't until Sunday evening that my mind changed.  We broke up on Saturday.

I highly doubt we'll get back together and if we did I think the original date would then be too soon.

RIP JOB

RIP JEFFISON, MY FAVORITE POWER COUPLE Sad
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2014, 09:44:24 PM »

Yup, Jeffison was truly the best relationship we've had in this series so far. RIP. Sad

Bushie's relationships, ranked:

3. Susan
2. Tiffanye
1. Allison
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »

What's the longest relationship Bushie's ever had?  8 months?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2014, 10:04:28 PM »

What's the longest relationship Bushie's ever had?  8 months?

This one lasted 2 days shy of 10 months from start to finish.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

The longest you've held a job would be my question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »

Which is another reason I tend to gravitate toward those jobs.  I know my job record sucks and while I still try for the really good jobs, I know call centers will mostly be there.

Heck, I know that if push come to shove and I'm out for too long without a job, I could go running back into the arms of the call center I just left and I'd be hired on the spot.  Naturally, I don't want to do that and I don't expect to have to do that, but it is the safety net of all safety nets.  It will make staying in Tulsa much easier if things go horribly wrong.  Like I said, I don't want to do that, and I left there for a reason, but it will be there for me if I need it.

What was the last straw for you with that place? Something must happened because you seemed committed to sticking with it for a while.

Thursday and Friday last week really changed my mind.  It's hard to say what the last straw was as it was all a cumulative effect.  I guess if I were forced to name a last straw, it was that the managers knew absolutely nothing and came to work actually high on weed and were not stopped as they walked in.  Mind you, weed is still illegal in Oklahoma and it should not be consumed before work.  I wasn't really surprised that they were high on weed as the place had absolutely no drug testing policy.  It accepted not only drug addicts, but it also accepted convicted felons.  Many of the managers and even my classmates have been incarcerated before.  I'm all for reintegration, but it still made me feel uncomfortable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:24 PM »

The longest you've held a job would be my question.

2 years
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »

Yup, Jeffison was truly the best relationship we've had in this series so far. RIP. Sad

Bushie's relationships, ranked:

3. Susan
2. Tiffanye
1. Allison

Wasn't there one other big relationship that he had that I guess happened before Update existed?

Also did we ever get to see what Tiffanye looked like?

Also, I wonder how Bushie would rank these relationships...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »

Man, free money and weed connections? Sounds like heaven.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »

I wonder if Bushie has ever spent any time on the Deep Web...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:48 PM »

I wonder if Bushie has ever spent any time on the Deep Web...

Only for loving on kids purposes.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2014, 11:00:15 PM »

Thursday and Friday last week really changed my mind.  It's hard to say what the last straw was as it was all a cumulative effect.  I guess if I were forced to name a last straw, it was that the managers knew absolutely nothing and came to work actually high on weed and were not stopped as they walked in.  Mind you, weed is still illegal in Oklahoma and it should not be consumed before work.  I wasn't really surprised that they were high on weed as the place had absolutely no drug testing policy.  It accepted not only drug addicts, but it also accepted convicted felons.  Many of the managers and even my classmates have been incarcerated before.  I'm all for reintegration, but it still made me feel uncomfortable.

So it wasn't really about the fact that the job didn't leave you time to search for another job?  It was really about the fact that you felt uncomfortable there because there were too many street toughs?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

So it wasn't really about the fact that the job didn't leave you time to search for another job?  It was really about the fact that you felt uncomfortable there because there were too many street toughs?

I'm thinking Papa and Mama Bushie we're ready to make him pull the plug as soon as he told them how many blacks we're working there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »

I'm thinking Papa and Mama Bushie we're ready to make him pull the plug as soon as he told them how many blacks we're working there.

Bushie wasn't black enough for this job?  Why didn't he just show them pictures of his Kenyan children to burnish his "American-African" cred?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #344 on: July 30, 2014, 12:10:59 AM »

Whatever happened to his Kenyan children anyway? It's like they've dropped off the face of the earth.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2014, 12:23:32 AM »

Whatever happened to his Kenyan children anyway? It's like they've dropped off the face of the earth.

He also said back in January during the brief Allison break up period that he was concerned that dating Allison would mean the end of his Kenyan dreams.  Now that Allison is out of the picture, he's oddly said nothing about wanting to take the opportunity to move to Kenya.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2014, 08:53:22 AM »

Could you please just get a job at Barnes & Noble or something? Retail pays about the same as what you're doing and it's not sales. You don't have to sell anything. You just have to keep the product shelved and displayed and let the customer pay for what they want.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:34 AM »

Still can't believe Bushie dropped free money for no work, a job where he was the one doing the scamming for once, because of some guys smoking weed.

His lifestyle once again dooms him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:17 AM »

The kids are doing very well.  We just had a group down there all summer who will be coming back to Oklahoma in the next few days.  I kept tabs on them while they were down there and I'm about ready to write a letter to both of them so the next group can deliver them sometime this fall.

He also said back in January during the brief Allison break up period that he was concerned that dating Allison would mean the end of his Kenyan dreams.  Now that Allison is out of the picture, he's oddly said nothing about wanting to take the opportunity to move to Kenya.

I'm still praying about Kenya.  I would definitely like to go, there's no question, I'm just concerned about the logistics of going down there.  First, I feel I need to spend a summer down there and get somewhat acclimated to life down there.  That will tell me if I am suited for a much longer stay down there for maybe like a year or two at a time.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »

A long time ago I suggested that he considered cleaning toilets. Does Tulsa have municipal toilets?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies